EVGA

I like EVGA but sometimes they make me so mad

Author
man114
  • Total Posts : 46
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2022/05/26 21:40:14 (permalink)
EVGA usually does me good but sometimes they infuriate me so much. Past few weeks I‘ve ordered a bunch of older video cards for older systems on midweek madness. Two weeks ago I ordered a gtx 960. After 5 days of no shipping notice I contacted them, they were out, sent me a 970 instead. Great. Upgrade ended up in another system so it worked out OK In the end.

This week I order a 980. Order confirmed. Tracking sent. Then tonight receive cancellation and refund. aghhh wanna scream. Just dug the old Dell I was gonna put this in out of the friggin basement. Not even a reason why it’s cancelled! C’mon guys I’ve ordered tons of stuff, just admit was out.

11 Replies Related Threads

Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10101
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: I like EVGA but sometimes they make me so mad 2022/05/26 22:22:49 (permalink)
    You could try giving them a call and seeing if they know the reason but sometimes with older products it's because it's found but not in good condition.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

kram36
    The Destroyer
    • Total Posts : 21477
    • Ribbons : 72
    Re: I like EVGA but sometimes they make me so mad 2022/05/26 22:25:03 (permalink)
    man114
    EVGA usually does me good but sometimes they infuriate me so much. Past few weeks I‘ve ordered a bunch of older video cards for older systems on midweek madness. Two weeks ago I ordered a gtx 960. After 5 days of no shipping notice I contacted them, they were out, sent me a 970 instead. Great. Upgrade ended up in another system so it worked out OK In the end.

This week I order a 980. Order confirmed. Tracking sent. Then tonight receive cancellation and refund. aghhh wanna scream. Just dug the old Dell I was gonna put this in out of the friggin basement. Not even a reason why it’s cancelled! C’mon guys I’ve ordered tons of stuff, just admit was out.

Canceling the order and refunding your money is admitting they were out, right?
    rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102253
    • Ribbons : 84
    Re: I like EVGA but sometimes they make me so mad 2022/05/26 23:27:09 (permalink)
    You're also ordering a 980. Try ordering something much newer. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

man114
    • Total Posts : 46
    Re: I like EVGA but sometimes they make me so mad 2022/05/27 01:54:50 (permalink)
    rjohnson11
    You're also ordering a 980. Try ordering something much newer. 

Midweek madness is kind of about older refurb stuff. I order newer stuff too but parts such as this are cost effective and age appropriate solutions for redoing older systems. If I receive confirmation and tracking I kinda assume the part is coming.

I think a more user friendly solution is don’t even list them if stock is that tight or set aside a few of the next highest model (I mean this can’t happen to more than a few people) and be like “oh we are out of said gtx 980 do you want to upgrade to 980ti (or 1080 or whatever) for $xxxxxx more”. 
    Delirious
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 17474
    • Ribbons : 61
    Re: I like EVGA but sometimes they make me so mad 2022/05/27 13:33:18 (permalink)
    I have a set of 1070 in the marketplace.

"Be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger" 
    Affiliate Code XZUMV9TJW5
    Associate Code: 7PM43CU71IB2IAP
    education may be expensive but wait until you get the bill for ignorance
    A wise man once said that we can't make anyone feel or do anything. We can throw things into the wind, but it's up to each person to decide how they want to react, where they want to stand when things fall.
    lastsamurairick
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2419
    • Ribbons : 6
    Re: I like EVGA but sometimes they make me so mad 2022/05/27 13:59:28 (permalink)
    No worries if you did get mad @ EVGA once while would not make sense. But hey when is withing there power to make up to ya they do. 

Intel 10900k @ 3.7 Stock
      EVGA Z490 Dark 
      EVGA GEFORCE RTX 3070Ti FTW3
      G SKILL TRIDENT Z ROYAL 32GB
      EVGA 1000G5
    YesCucumberYum
    • Total Posts : 27
    Re: I like EVGA but sometimes they make me so mad 2022/05/27 16:25:50 (permalink)
    man114
    EVGA usually does me good but sometimes they infuriate me so much. ...Two weeks ago I ordered a gtx 960. After 5 days of no shipping notice I contacted them, they were out, sent me a 970 instead. Great.
    This week I order a 980. Order confirmed. Tracking sent. Then tonight receive cancellation and refund. aghhh wanna scream.
    C’mon guys I’ve ordered tons of stuff, just admit was out.

I agree. A booty lick and a kiss should be included at no extra charge.

C'mon gang, no reason for a meltdown, this isn't bread and you're left in sincere hunger?
    Nereus
    Captain Goodvibes
    • Total Posts : 18915
    • Ribbons : 58
    Re: I like EVGA but sometimes they make me so mad 2022/05/30 13:59:19 (permalink)

The B-stock 2080's were more expensive than some of the brand new 3080's, which made little sense to me, particularly when the new cards have a 3 year warranty versus 1 year on B-stock. The only reason I was looking was because there were some blower shroud versions available, which are ideal for SFF builds. It's a pity some of the 3080 or 3070 cards don't offer a blower style shroud - apparently they run too hot and the blower would be too loud.

post edited by Nereus - 2022/05/30 14:01:47

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

mech076
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re: I like EVGA but sometimes they make me so mad 2022/06/26 19:27:43 (permalink)
    I too like EVGA but sometimes they just work so very hard to change that.

Got notified I could order a 3080 hydro, ordered it, but used a UPS store for the ship to address, that got my order cancelled. When I called to find out why I learned it was because of the ship to address, the guy suggested I use a friend or neighbors address if I had concerns about a 990 dollar item just being left on my porch.  WOW, sure open the door to finding out a friend or neighbor is going to keep the card and say it never arrived versus a professional business associated with the shipping company.  Nothing in the order process gave me a signed for option and as it is I've had UPS leave thousands of dollars worth of parts on my doorstep and claim it was signed for, I do not like UPS AT ALL!  But by using the UPS store no issues other than a day delay in knowing I can go and get my item, and they ID me and make me sign for it. 

So no EVGA hydro card for me, probably going with an Asus water cooled hybrid card now just because. 

Edit, ordered a  EVGA Hybrid from Amazon same price, controlled delivery!!  Yay 
    post edited by mech076 - 2022/06/29 16:16:34
    Nereus
    Captain Goodvibes
    • Total Posts : 18915
    • Ribbons : 58
    Re: I like EVGA but sometimes they make me so mad 2022/06/26 19:34:23 (permalink)
    mech076
    I too like EVGA but sometimes they just work so very hard to change that.

Got notified I could order a 3080 hydro, ordered it, but used a UPS store for the ship to address, that got my order cancelled. When I called to find out why I learned it was because of the ship to address, the guy suggested I use a friend or neighbors address if I had concerns about a 990 dollar item just being left on my porch.  WOW, sure open the door to finding out a friend or neighbor is going to keep the card and say it never arrived versus a professional business associated with the shipping company.  Nothing in the order process gave me a signed for option and as it is I've had UPS leave thousands of dollars worth of parts on my doorstep and claim it was signed for, I do not like UPS AT ALL!  But by using the UPS store no issues other than a day delay in knowing I can go and get my item, and they ID me and make me sign for it. 

So no EVGA hydro card for me, probably going with an Asus water cooled hybrid card now just because. 

I believe you can have EVGA or whoever ship an item to your home address, then contact UPS with the tracking number and get them to hold it for you to pick up.

In fact you definitely can. This is copy and paste from a UPS tracking email for an item from EVGA:

Change My Delivery

If you want to change your delivery, you need to enroll in UPS My Choice® first.When you enroll, you can:
    • Tell your driver where to leave packages when you're not home.
    • Have your packages delivered to a UPS location.
    • Change your delivery date or location.

post edited by Nereus - 2022/06/26 19:38:03

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

mech076
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re: I like EVGA but sometimes they make me so mad 2022/06/26 20:02:09 (permalink)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I believe you can have EVGA or whoever ship an item to your home address, then contact UPS with the tracking number and get them to hold it for you to pick up.

In fact you definitely can. This is copy and paste from a UPS tracking email for an item from EVGA:

Change My Delivery

If you want to change your delivery, you need to enroll in UPS My Choice® first.When you enroll, you can:
    • Tell your driver where to leave packages when you're not home.
    • Have your packages delivered to a UPS location.
    • Change your delivery date or location.

=======================================================================================================
    You are correct and I have done that in the past, but the problem for me is the pick up place is a 45 minute drive with normal traffic clear across town one way, the UPS store is 5 minutes from my house.  I would have but I work a lot of OT and really value my days off (Semiconductor worker and they are paying up for our hours, 5 x 12.5 days  for 2X pay for any OT day with a 4 on 3 off then 3 on 4 off I get 3 2x days a pay cycle but oh so tired as I've been humping it for a year and a half but 72 hours straight time extra a check)
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile