EVGA

AnsweredHot!I have been completely betrayed by the RMA process.

Author
7759484FE2EC436
  • Total Posts : 7
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2023/05/22 16:45:21 (permalink)
   Hello everyone;

I forewarn you that there will be mixed feelings when it comes to what im about to post.  Being someone that "loved" EVGA and would promote this company whenever issues of pc components arise.  I have lost that same respect due to what has just happened to me with the RMA process.  Im a 100% disabled combat veteran that joined the Army 5 days after 911.  So September 16th 2001 im going to basic training knowing that im about to be deployed when everyone is tryng to get out.  I did this for you.  I did this for everyone that enjoys the freedom we have.  The freedom to game, the freedom to do communicate, just the freedom to do exactly what we all do.  I felt this company was an entity that me and every soldier to this day and come to pass would appreciate and respect.  I have had nothing but a great experience dealing with the warranty process until recently.  
Until recently I have had amazing customer service and your techs are awesome.  So much so that I actually sent 2 extremely positive reviews about the last 2 techs I spoke with on the phone for some raffle.  I was just trying to get them promoted. 

I was reassured that if I sent in my card for RMA that ; this is exact from the service ticket on 4/24/2023 10:58:34am:

“Yeah, with another card running smoothly in your system, then your 3090 is definitely faulty”. 

I've set up a ticket for you to start an RMA with so we can get it replaced for you. Just go here to submit your RMA and get the process started - . Be sure to confirm that the shipping address on your account is correct, and double-check and confirm that the serial number on the product itself matches what you registered to prevent any issues or delays with your RMA.

“So we can get it replaced for you”.   Then my RMA is denied.   I was under the impression that if I sent my card in, it will be replaced.  Being a medically retired veteran I get paid every 4 long weeks and not anything to write home about to be honest.  So every penny of mine is strictly managed.  If I wasn’t convinced that if I spent the $28 in shipping, I would get a replacement.  Its not about the money.  Its more about feeling I have been lied to or like being robbed.  
Apparently there are some surface mounted components that are missing.  This is a second hand card so what has been done before me is not known.  I called evga and spoke with a Chris who is the "Operations Manager" and he told me the card cant be fixed which is why I have been denied and lied to.  I  feel that the card can be fixed and thats exactlyt what im about to do when I recieve it.  

EVGATech_ChrisB
EVGA Tech Support
  • Total Posts : 2032
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: I have been completely betrayed by the RMA process. 2023/05/22 18:09:44 (permalink) ☼ Best Answerby Cool GTX 2023/05/23 07:33:41
Dear R3dl3G,

Thank you for your time on the phone earlier.  I am once again very sorry to hear of the situation, but unfortunately since the card has a torn PCB we are unable to accept it for warranty exchange or repair.  I have included the 2nd half of the email that you mentioned above in quotes below as a quick reminder that we try to ensure we are giving all of the information necessary prior to returning the product. 

If this was my graphics card I would consider trying to recoup my purchase from the person that sold the item damaged, and I am once again sorry for any inconvenience caused by the card not being able to be accepted for warranty.

Please feel free to reach out directly if you should have any additional questions. cbencivenga@evga.com 

2nd Part of the email mentioned:  "This RMA approval is only approval to return your product; it will be inspected upon receipt to make sure it qualifies for replacement per our warranty terms under "What is not covered by this Limited Warranty", and may be rejected if it falls under any of these terms - https://www.evga.com/warranty/."
post edited by EVGATech_ChrisB - 2023/05/22 18:11:00

Chrome-M-Dragon
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 7806
  • Ribbons : 30
Re: I have been completely betrayed by the RMA process. 2023/05/22 18:11:44 (permalink)
Chaos_21
I am surprised you went with the 3090 with your income restraints, you should have gone with a 3060ti, or a 3070. 

@op, they may have repaired or replaced the card but being a second hand GPU there are limits. If things are missing on the card, though it may not be any fault of yours, then possibly their (EVGA) hands are tied and bound by warrant limits.

What Chris said... (as I was too late apparently)
post edited by the_Scarlet_one - 2023/05/23 12:37:04

People are, well, only Human. We know that. The rule of law is borne out in identifying, condemning, and punishing those who violate the standards on which we all agree. This is exactly what we do in america. -James Inhofe

Use any of the codes below for a free hug and a high five! Much love to all you wonderful nerds!
Associate: 5L1LJB5JQ94H892 Affiliate Code: QRXQKO8ZJS

7759484FE2EC436
  • Total Posts : 7
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: I have been completely betrayed by the RMA process. 2023/05/22 20:55:56 (permalink)
The issue is I cannot get in contact with the person I bought the card through after numerous attempts.
I would have never sent the card in if I wasn't reassured by the service tech. By saying "I've set up a ticket for you to start an RMA with so we can get it replaced for you", that to me is saying "We are replacing it". It's not about the money. It's about being told something and then the complete opposite happening.
Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 49165
  • Ribbons : 199
Re: I have been completely betrayed by the RMA process. 2023/05/23 00:50:31 (permalink)
R3dl3G
The issue is I cannot get in contact with the person I bought the card through after numerous attempts.
I would have never sent the card in if I wasn't reassured by the service tech. By saying "I've set up a ticket for you to start an RMA with so we can get it replaced for you", that to me is saying "We are replacing it". It's not about the money. It's about being told something and then the complete opposite happening.

You weren't lied to. Your card failed inspection, so that is why you were denied...

EVGATech_ChrisB
2nd Part of the email mentioned:  "This RMA approval is only approval to return your product; it will be inspected upon receipt to make sure it qualifies for replacement per our warranty terms under "What is not covered by this Limited Warranty", and may be rejected if it falls under any of these terms - https://www.evga.com/warranty/."

the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
  • Total Posts : 24581
  • Ribbons : 79
Re: I have been completely betrayed by the RMA process. 2023/05/23 12:30:59 (permalink)
In your original post, you stated "This is a second hand card so what has been done before me is not known." Unfortunately, that speaks volumes as to what the seller could have done.

Was the card broken as soon as you received it?  If so, you should file a dispute with either paypal or how ever you paid.  EVGA is not responsible for what the seller may have done. 

As for the correspondence between you and EVGA, they typically make it very clear that if there is physical damage, that they can not cover it under warranty.  If the seller sold you a broken product, it will be between you, the bank/paypal/etc. to figure out how to retrieve the funds. EVGA can not possibly know there is physical damage unless you clearly state that there are missing components or a damaged PCB, so I can understand your frustration, but it would seem that you need to take into consideration what has happened. According to your original post, you didn't take the card apart to see if there was damage prior to shipping, so you couldn't have provided any clarification to EVGA prior to shipping either. This is a rough place to be in.

Spoiler

R3dl3G
   Hello everyone;

I forewarn you that there will be mixed feelings when it comes to what im about to post.  Being someone that "loved" EVGA and would promote this company whenever issues of pc components arise.  I have lost that same respect due to what has just happened to me with the RMA process.  Im a 100% disabled combat veteran that joined the Army 5 days after 911.  So September 16th 2001 im going to basic training knowing that im about to be deployed when everyone is tryng to get out.  I did this for you.  I did this for everyone that enjoys the freedom we have.  The freedom to game, the freedom to do communicate, just the freedom to do exactly what we all do.  I felt this company was an entity that me and every soldier to this day and come to pass would appreciate and respect.  I have had nothing but a great experience dealing with the warranty process until recently.  
Until recently I have had amazing customer service and your techs are awesome.  So much so that I actually sent 2 extremely positive reviews about the last 2 techs I spoke with on the phone for some raffle.  I was just trying to get them promoted. 

I was reassured that if I sent in my card for RMA that ; this is exact from the service ticket on 4/24/2023 10:58:34am:

“Yeah, with another card running smoothly in your system, then your 3090 is definitely faulty”. 

I've set up a ticket for you to start an RMA with so we can get it replaced for you. Just go here to submit your RMA and get the process started - . Be sure to confirm that the shipping address on your account is correct, and double-check and confirm that the serial number on the product itself matches what you registered to prevent any issues or delays with your RMA.

“So we can get it replaced for you”.   Then my RMA is denied.   I was under the impression that if I sent my card in, it will be replaced.  Being a medically retired veteran I get paid every 4 long weeks and not anything to write home about to be honest.  So every penny of mine is strictly managed.  If I wasn’t convinced that if I spent the $28 in shipping, I would get a replacement.  Its not about the money.  Its more about feeling I have been lied to or like being robbed.  
Apparently there are some surface mounted components that are missing.  This is a second hand card so what has been done before me is not known.  I called evga and spoke with a Chris who is the "Operations Manager" and he told me the card cant be fixed which is why I have been denied and lied to.  I  feel that the card can be fixed and thats exactlyt what im about to do when I recieve it.  

close

the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
  • Total Posts : 24581
  • Ribbons : 79
Re: I have been completely betrayed by the RMA process. 2023/05/23 12:39:37 (permalink)
I have cleaned up this thread.  OP, I understand why you would feel slighted, but it is critical to include all details when posting about the situation so that we, the forum members, can understand what happened. 
ty_ger07
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 21171
  • Ribbons : 270
Re: I have been completely betrayed by the RMA process. 2023/05/23 20:28:18 (permalink)
You had an unrealistic expectation which was not based on the terms of the warranty or the content of the instructional email provided to you. Your background and situation has no impact on the terms of the warranty and creates no sympathy from anyone else who has to follow the same rules. No one lied to you.
post edited by ty_ger07 - 2023/05/23 20:32:02

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile