Hydro - *ASUS:RIIIE + Intel:i7-990x*

Author
Pastulio
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 193
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2017/11/18 14:00:35 (permalink)
A different thread, from some time back: I'd explained about how--while I do like their products, their customer-service(*)...--ASUS essentially stole (lost[?]) a x48 I'd sent them, and sent me a x58 as an apology(*); the case remains unresolved.{*}
*Purpose of sharing that - until I'd acquired RAM+CPU, because mine were different then what they sent me back, to use with the replacment unit: it would remain inoperable. ... -- recently, I've remedied that; and got the damned parts.
-
In an effort at being frugal, I settled on "DeepCool GENOME II (Grn)" chassis -- as it features a 'universal CPU' liquid-cooler, and plenty-sufficient adequate space for future(*), potential enhancements/upgrades(*).
While it is a closed-loop system, I suspect I should be able to manage squeezing a good few performance boosts(*) with it. Being said; from my experiences in assembling builds: fan-cooled rig's are fairly plug-and-play friendly, whereas liquid-cooled... not so much.

Before I do anything I otherwise may regret, I felt it better to double/triple-check with others, /etc.
Thanks.

*BUILD/Components*:
MoBo - ASUS Rampage III Extreme
CPU - Intel i7-990x [+GenomeRadiator**]
RAM - CMT6GX3M3A2000C8 ×6 Corsair 'Dominator', 12GB@2000MHz TriChannel DDR3
GPU - EVGA GTX 1080 Classified
(C:\) - Samsung EVO 850 1TB SSD [+W10x64Pro]
PSU - 750W Corsair

**FanCurves/things like that...***
post edited by Pastulio - 2017/11/18 16:27:58

2 Replies Related Threads

Pastulio
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 193
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Hydro - *ASUS:RIIIE + Intel:i7-990x* 2017/11/18 14:39:00 (permalink)
    At the moment, it is assembled with all -- less the CPU and RAM.
    Should I dummy-boot it, without those attached, to get the fluid moving (ensure leaks / etc.) ... ?
    Then, install RAM+CPU: perform "bench-test" ... and adjust voltages/timings/airFlow/fanCurves/etc/etc. ... ?
    ... yes, no?
    ... ?
    (P.S.:*How?...)
    It is safe, to boot a mobo (benchTest) without anything but the Cooling attached, right?
    Once double-checking there are no leaks / w.e., install components.
    *Installing a "Fan-Hub PWM Moderator(?)". ... connect all the fans to that, then that to the CPU-fanHeader(?). Then, from BIOS: adjust the CPU-Fan setting's until the system is optimal (silent/cold/w.e.)?
    Once finished with initial set-up / build, adjust{*}...
    *O.C.*
    Right?
    post edited by Pastulio - 2017/11/18 16:25:18
    AHowes
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 6681
    • Ribbons : 27
    Re: Hydro - *ASUS:RIIIE + Intel:i7-990x* 2017/11/19 16:25:10 (permalink)
    You can install everything like normal. Just unplug the psu cables from everything and hotwire the psu with just the pump so you can fill and bleed the air out of your lines. To hotwire the psu so it turns on eithout being connected to the motherboard.. take a paper clip and straighten it out. Then bend it over in half so you have to ends next to each other. Insert one end into the atx connections green wire/power on and stick the other end into any black wire to ground it. The power supply will run. Use the switch on the backside of the psu to turn it on and off from there.. Check YouTube for a video.

Make sure not to let your pump run dry of water. So keep your res with plenty of water while running. Keep turning the power supply off as you need to add more coolant. Then when it's got plenty of fluid in the system to run for awhile without having to top it off let it run.. the pump that is so it can flush all the air out of the lines in into the res.

You will prob need to tilt the system more then a few times in different directions to get all the air bubbles out of the rad and blocks to the res.

While it's running check for leaks.

Should place paper towels under water connections so if it leaks or has a slow leak you'll be able to notice it easier and keep your components dry.

Once your satisfied that's it's good and most of the air is now in the res where you want it and it's not leaking, then plug your power supply into your motherboard,graphics ext. And power up and run.
    post edited by AHowes - 2017/11/19 16:29:02

Intel i9 9900K @ 5.2Ghz Single HUGE Custom Water Loop.
    Asus Z390 ROG Extreme XI MB
    G.Skill Trident Z 32GB (4x8GB) 4266MHz DDR4 
    EVGA 2080ti K|NGP|N w/ Hydro Copper block.  
    34" Dell Alienware AW3418DW 1440 Ultra Wide GSync Monitor
    Thermaltake Core P7 Modded w/ 2x EK Dual D5 pump top,2 x EK XE 480 2X 360 rads.1 Corsair 520 Rad.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile