EVGA

How to load Precision X1 profile when target power & GPU temp are unlinked?

Author
DamonLynch
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 172
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 1
2019/08/20 12:02:03 (permalink)
Precision X1 0.4.8.0 on Windows 10 1903 with a Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming & EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2:

Loading profile 0 fails when the profile contains an unlinked target power and GPU temperature, because the default when Precision X1 starts is for target power and GPU temperature to be linked. As soon as they are unlinked, profile 0 loads successfully. The Gigabyte 1070 is what shows up first in the display, if that matters.

What can be done to fix this failure to load the profile? Or is it a bug in Precision X1?

3 Replies Related Threads

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30991
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: How to load Precision X1 profile when target power & GPU temp are unlinked? 2019/08/21 10:04:24 (permalink)
    Does this also happen on the Other profile numbers ?

You are making changes. Selecting profile #, click Apply button & then Save button ?

Swap your GPUs ?

... you have the 1080 Ti in the first slot ?

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

DamonLynch
    Superclocked Member
    Re: How to load Precision X1 profile when target power & GPU temp are unlinked? 2019/08/21 11:16:04 (permalink)
    I'm not making changes. I'm starting the computer, I'm trying to load the profile, and it refuses to load until the target power and GPU temperature are unlinked.

It's easier to explain by using a table show the settings and what actually happens when the profile is activated:

I also made a video: https://damonlynch.net/share/PrecisionX1bug.mp4

I will try the "Submit a suggestion" form on the EVGA website to get the attention of the developers, because I'm assuming it's a bug and not user error on my behalf

Moving the 1080 Ti to the first slot is not a good idea (in my case at least) because it then it would need to deal with the the heat from the 1070 in addition to its own heat. Running it underneath keeps it cooler.

DamonLynch
    Superclocked Member
    Re: How to load Precision X1 profile when target power & GPU temp are unlinked? 2019/08/21 14:46:48 (permalink)
    Whoops, the table should say "Profile 0" and "Profile 1", not "Slot 0" and "Slot 1". I can see how that would be confusing
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile