EVGA

How to check warranty time remaining as a secondary owner?

Author
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
  • Total Posts : 24581
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 79
2018/03/01 17:18:09 (permalink)
Since EVGA so kindly removed the guest RMA option that showed remaining time, how are users supposed to verify the remaining time left on their cards?

Will EVGA include the remaining warranty time on the “My Products” page? Will evga provide the answer as soon as a user calls the 24 hotline to ask? This question needs a direct and definitive answer since EVGA so kindly removed the option without alerting users.

17 Replies Related Threads

MSim
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 14685
    • Ribbons : 38
    Re: How to check warranty time remaining as a secondary owner? 2018/03/01 18:05:14 (permalink)
    That's a good question, if people have to call support to get that information, that will tie up the phone lines for customers with real issues. IMO this a disservice to evga customers. The old way of using the Guest RMA page was the best option. You don't have to waste tech support time, you could just use the website.

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: How to check warranty time remaining as a secondary owner? 2018/03/01 18:11:00 (permalink)
    I think it is less optimal because word of mouth is often not trusted compared to visual proof. I can’t show you the tech support guy as he gives the days remaining, although he could very well say, “bro, that card was reported stolen”, but if I show someone the serial number, part number, and remaining days, that is a completely different scenario and trustworthy.

I am not sure why EVGA has resorted to hiding changes from their members. It makes no sense when it is something that actually affects every single member that is interested in buying a used card or selling their card.

Maybe evga will be so kind to go into every for sale thread and make an official post stating “yes, this card does have XXX days left on warranty”. Unlikely, since they won’t be transparent with their customers from the start.
    _JeffP
    EVGA Alumni
    • Total Posts : 652
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: How to check warranty time remaining as a secondary owner? 2018/03/02 22:28:55 (permalink)
    Hello,

At this point in order to check the warranty on a non-registered product you will need to contact us though phone or e-mail, if your product is registered but was not purchased through an authorized retailer you can also submit a ticket to find out the remaining warranty length on a particular serial number. This is subject to change without notice as with all warranty terms and conditions.

Everything is security. 
    MSim
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: How to check warranty time remaining as a secondary owner? 2018/03/03 07:22:06 (permalink)
    Talk about a dumb way of doing thing. Lets make it a hassle to verify a card remaining warranty. The Guest RMA page was the best method and easiest way to check a product remaining warranty. 

a213m
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 877
    • Ribbons : 20
    Re: How to check warranty time remaining as a secondary owner? 2018/03/05 08:53:07 (permalink)
    EVGATech_JeffP
    Hello,

At this point in order to check the warranty on a non-registered product you will need to contact us though phone or e-mail, if your product is registered but was not purchased through an authorized retailer you can also submit a ticket to find out the remaining warranty length on a particular serial number. This is subject to change without notice as with all warranty terms and conditions.

I hope this is a temporary solution only until a proper and more efficient warranty check tool is implemented. The old one was really good.

My free and open source SDR-DDR5 SPD reader/writer with write protection capabilities

New: 13900K, Z790 HERO, 2x32GB 6800C32, 4090, 2TB SN850, AX1600i
    Old: 10980XE, X299SE2, 8x8GB 4000C15, 4090, 2TB SN850, AX1600i
    LFaWolf
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1794
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: How to check warranty time remaining as a secondary owner? 2018/03/15 22:52:13 (permalink)
    This is insane. I want to buy a used card and just went to check on the remaining warranty and got the new page. I would buy a new one if one is in stock, but none is available other than the couple that are way over MSRP. Very disappointed in EVGA. 

MSim
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: How to check warranty time remaining as a secondary owner? 2018/03/16 08:25:01 (permalink)
    Customers are not happy about the removal of the Guest RMA page, which made it easy to check product remaining warranty. Here we are over 2 weeks later, evga management still can't be bother to shed any light on if a replacement is in the works or not.

JalenJade
    • Total Posts : 27
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: How to check warranty time remaining as a secondary owner? 2018/03/18 20:58:03 (permalink)
    FYI to all the whiny people who can't Google, log out of your EVGA account, change the region to EU and go to the Guest RMA page for the EU and it works.
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: How to check warranty time remaining as a secondary owner? 2018/03/19 07:56:46 (permalink)
    JalenJade
    FYI to all the whiny people who can't Google, log out of your EVGA account, change the region to EU and go to the Guest RMA page for the EU and it works.

Thanks for posting that. I wonder how long it will take for EVGA ago remove the rest of the guest pages.

Since you so kindly posted about “all the whiny people” you must not realize that EVGA made the change without notifying anyone it was going to happen. Sure, we can be whiny, but what we were looking for is a direct answer. Ignorance is bliss, of course.
    lejerk
    • Total Posts : 8
    Re: How to check warranty time remaining as a secondary owner? 2019/04/03 10:47:47 (permalink)
    I'm trying to sell a graphics card and it's been difficult trying to find what info EVGA has on the warranty on the card. All I see on my account is the part number and serial number, it doesn't say anywhere if it's still covered. 
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: How to check warranty time remaining as a secondary owner? 2019/04/03 11:06:20 (permalink)
    lejerk
    I'm trying to sell a graphics card and it's been difficult trying to find what info EVGA has on the warranty on the card. All I see on my account is the part number and serial number, it doesn't say anywhere if it's still covered. 

Contact EVGA directly.

1-888-880-3842
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30975
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: How to check warranty time remaining as a secondary owner? 2019/04/03 11:11:02 (permalink)
    lejerk

Go to:
    https://www.evga.com/community/myProducts.asp

On the item in question ---> push the "View Details" button

If you registered your product the Remaining Warranty -->You have <-- will show

Secondhand Warranty is different as it starts when first shipped by EVGA - Not when you bought it

If your still having issues ---> Have your Serial Number ready (Have the item registered) then Contact EVGA CS https://www.evga.com/about/contactus/

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

lejerk
    • Total Posts : 8
    Re: How to check warranty time remaining as a secondary owner? 2019/04/03 11:12:22 (permalink)
    I found it in another thread. I went to  and it gave me all the info I needed. Warranty, date and place of purchase, part number. 

edit: Apparently I cannot post an EVGA link on the EVGA forums, but it's the same one Cool GTX posted. Perhaps I don't have enough posts to make sure I'm not a terrorist. 
    post edited by lejerk - 2019/04/03 11:15:12
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: How to check warranty time remaining as a secondary owner? 2019/04/03 11:16:12 (permalink)
    lejerk
    I found it in another thread. I went to  and it gave me all the info I needed. Warranty, date and place of purchase, part number. 

edit: Apparently I cannot post an EVGA link on the EVGA forums, but it's the same one Cool GTX posted. Perhaps I don't have enough posts to make sure I'm not a terrorist. 

Your warranty will not be the same as the next owner. I still suggest calling evga to get accurate information so that the buyer does not give you any issues.
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30975
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: How to check warranty time remaining as a secondary owner? 2019/04/03 11:59:27 (permalink)
    lejerk

See The ultimate starter-thread for new members

#14 Post Count

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10101
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: How to check warranty time remaining as a secondary owner? 2019/04/03 12:22:34 (permalink)
    lejerk

I would email support then you can always have the email to print out to show it’s atill covered but allow the buyer to verify if they want so they feel comfortable with the purchase. A phone call and someone saying it’s covered doesn’t really have the level of confidence with a buyer.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

EVGATech_DanielM
    EVGA Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 1132
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: How to check warranty time remaining as a secondary owner? 2019/04/03 15:02:24 (permalink)
    MSim
    Customers are not happy about the removal of the Guest RMA page, which made it easy to check product remaining warranty. Here we are over 2 weeks later, evga management still can't be bother to shed any light on if a replacement is in the works or not.

We have no plans to bring back the Guest RMA at all. We also have no issues with customers calling us and asking us questions about the warranty status of the card, it makes it no different than  customers who call us and have sales questions. Feel free to call us with your opinions and we will gladly listen. 888 881 3842
    post edited by EVGATech_DanielM - 2019/04/03 16:06:09
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile