EVGA

LockedHow to change email address during checkout?

Author
onikett
  • Total Posts : 15
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2022/05/19 00:39:43 (permalink)
Hello, during checkout when I need to provide the shipping and billing address, it seems that the email address field is locked and shows the email address associated with my EVGA account. But a person's billing email address can be different from their EVGA registration email address. Also their shipping and billing addresses can be different too. So how to solve/circumvent this issue?

Thanks. 

20 Replies Related Threads

ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 21170
    • Ribbons : 270
    Re: How to change email address during checkout? 2022/05/19 05:11:07 (permalink)
    With household limits in place, potential queue exploitation, and various rewards programs providing store credit, EVGA has in place measures to discourage people buying products for other people (or people faking being other people). I don't think that the issue is meant to be circumvented.
    EVGA wants you to be you, wants you to buy for you, and their warranty contract and rewards contracts are between you and EVGA. Gaming the system is not appreciated and often not tolerated.
    post edited by ty_ger07 - 2022/05/19 05:26:25

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
    My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

TheWolf
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3800
    • Ribbons : 9
    Re: How to change email address during checkout? 2022/06/08 20:43:28 (permalink)
    I have a very old account with a very old email with a ISP that is no longer so I can no longer get email threw that address or get the code it ask me to get to confirm who I am.
    So what am I suppose to do in this situation? 

EVGA Affiliate Code ZHKWRJB9D4 My HeatWare 

STR1D3R_2
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1429
    • Ribbons : 13
    Re: How to change email address during checkout? 2022/06/09 02:21:36 (permalink)
    TheWolf
    I have a very old account with a very old email with a ISP that is no longer so I can no longer get email threw that address or get the code it ask me to get to confirm who I am.

You could do what I did. Start over.

Affiliate code E1HEL4HYPS
    bill1024
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 11071
    • Ribbons : 65
    Re: How to change email address during checkout? 2022/06/09 17:17:37 (permalink)
    Hey Wolf good to see you.LTNS Hope all is well.

I would call customer support and let them know and see what they say to do to change your email
    They may have to send you a text if they have your number on file
    Or you may have to contact the web master and see if they can help

Life is too short to carry a cheap pocket knife

ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 21170
    • Ribbons : 270
    Re: How to change email address during checkout? 2022/06/09 17:56:27 (permalink)
    bill1024
    I would call customer support and let them know and see what they say to do to change your email

They didn't want to change their email address. They just wanted to send the email to a different person at checkout. See, "they" were buying the card using someone else's credit card, shipping address, and billing address, and they wanted the purchase email to go to that other person.
    It was some temporary shady stuff happening, not a permanent email address change request.

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
    My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: How to change email address during checkout? 2022/06/09 18:10:45 (permalink)
    I have never once heard of a billing email address. An email address is not the same as a shipping or billing address, and isn’t attached to billing specifically. The login email address is the only thing that matters for logging in.
    bill1024
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: How to change email address during checkout? 2022/06/09 18:34:56 (permalink)
    ty_ger07
    bill1024

They didn't want to change their email address. They just wanted to send the email to a different person at checkout. See, "they" were buying the card using someone else's credit card, shipping address, and billing address, and they wanted the purchase email to go to that other person.
    It was some temporary shady stuff happening, not a permanent email address change request.

I was talking to the wolf not the OP
    That’s why I said “Hey Wolf LTNC”
    But thanks for pointing out what the OP wanted

TheWolf
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: How to change email address during checkout? 2022/06/10 09:03:22 (permalink)
    bill1024

I was talking to the wolf not the OP
    That’s why I said “Hey Wolf LTNC”
    But thanks for pointing out what the OP wanted

HI Bill long time no chat, how you been? Thanks for the info I will look into it.
    I too was looking at buying some new video cards & trying to look at my Elite stats. when it asked for a code sent to my original email address.
    Witch I can no longer get to Cableone ISP has sold out to someone else a few years back. I moved and all my old hardware has been in storage
    for about 3+ years. Just starting to pull stuff out trying it out to see what still works. Folding @ Home again for the old ABIT team 13285.
    So was looking at upgrading to some better video cards & to see if I had any points left I could use.

TheWolf
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: How to change email address during checkout? 2022/06/10 09:32:56 (permalink)
    STR1D3R_2
    TheWolf

You could do what I did. Start over.

Yes I could but its not what I want  to do I put in a lot of time here with this account helping others with Folding at Home & other things.
    I would like to come back as me and keep adding to this accounts folding score. I'm putting out over 3 million PPD now.
    I also have a record of items I bought here in the EVGA store and some sold on this forum those I would like to keep as well.
    Starting over at my age is not it for me. I lose much more than I can gain in what time I have left like EVGA Affiliate Code ZHKWRJB9D4 and My HeatWare 

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30972
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: How to change email address during checkout? 2022/06/10 10:09:52 (permalink)
    bill1024

Email webmaster@evga.com with all the details and it will be reviewed & then EVGA can help you get access/ tell you your options moving forward

Does you "old account" have the same Cell phone number ?

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

bill1024
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: How to change email address during checkout? 2022/06/10 10:31:06 (permalink)
    Cool GTX
    bill1024

Email webmaster@evga.com with all the details and it will be reviewed & then EVGA can help you get access/ tell you your options moving forward

Does you "old account" have the same Cell phone number ?

It looks like Wolf is signed into his old account since it showes he joined in 2007 with his post count.
    Go to MY Profile at the top right, then My Profile on the left when it comes up.
    Then go to change EMAIL. You have to put in your password then your old email addy then put in the new addy twice as it asks you to.
    I take it you can get their texts since you are signed in and they now do 2A every time you sign in.
    You may have to resign in and put in the code they send to your phone.
    I believe you can since you are signed in now.

Also, I am doing ok, some aches and pains, not getting any younger. 
    Wife, kids and grandkids are all doing well.
    Still doing the distributed computing, mostly BOINC now but I try to average 30m points a month for EVGA
    If I miss a month I will do 2x or 3x to average out.
    Sprints are fun with the Formula BIONC and the PG challenges. Something to do.
    Summer is here so cutting back for the warmer months like I do every year.

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: How to change email address during checkout? 2022/06/10 10:45:44 (permalink)
    bill1024

Good catch & instructions

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

bill1024
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: How to change email address during checkout? 2022/06/10 11:12:39 (permalink)
    Thanks for the BR. 

As far as the OP onikett He only posted once, not sure what he is trying to do.
    Is he buying something for himself, or buying for someone else, for himself with someone's CC
    Live somewhere and wants it shipped somewhere else? Like live in the Eu buying from N.A.?

Best thing for him to do is call cust. support and explain what he is trying to do.
    And what does he have to do to be able to do it. That is if he can inside of the rules EVGA sets forth.

TheWolf
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: How to change email address during checkout? 2022/06/10 13:06:52 (permalink)
    bill1024

It looks like Wolf is signed into his old account since it showes he joined in 2007 with his post count.
    Go to MY Profile at the top right, then My Profile on the left when it comes up.
    Then go to change EMAIL. You have to put in your password then your old email addy then put in the new addy twice as it asks you to.
    I take it you can get their texts since you are signed in and they now do 2A every time you sign in.
    You may have to resign in and put in the code they send to your phone.
    I believe you can since you are signed in now.

Also, I am doing ok, some aches and pains, not getting any younger. 
    Wife, kids and grandkids are all doing well.
    Still doing the distributed computing, mostly BOINC now but I try to average 30m points a month for EVGA
    If I miss a month I will do 2x or 3x to average out.
    Sprints are fun with the Formula BIONC and the PG challenges. Something to do.
    Summer is here so cutting back for the warmer months like I do every year.

Good to hear things are well with you and yours. About the same here with us. I hear ya with the aches & pains, 
    Its hell getting old. Never thought I'd live this long. Matter of fact I had a heart attack a couple years back and died.
    Lucky someone was around and pumped on my chest till the crew got here & rushed me to the hospital.
    Long story short I'm still here. Going in this month for two more stents in my heart, wish me luck I come out alive.
    Much as I hate hospitals & Doc's its got to be done. 

As for the above it doesn't seem to work or I'm doing something wrong, my email is blocked out and no way I can see to change it.
    Edit: I haven't logged out in a while so I'm not sure what will happen if I do. As for my Phone number I don't think its the same either now.
    Have my login an password saved to this computer & sync to the clouds. lol And how I got back to the forum.

post edited by TheWolf - 2022/06/10 13:17:54

TheWolf
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: How to change email address during checkout? 2022/06/10 13:37:35 (permalink)
    Never mind I found out how, left out the part to click and go to the EVGA site, not here at the forum to fix the email problem.
     Thank you Bill a great help!!

bill1024
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: How to change email address during checkout? 2022/06/10 13:38:51 (permalink)
    Can’t keep a good man down!

I think the webmaster can help you out
    Send him an email and let him know what is going on

Good luck with the operation you will be in my thoughts and prayers

TheWolf
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: How to change email address during checkout? 2022/06/11 12:22:35 (permalink)
    bill1024
    Can’t keep a good man down!

I think the webmaster can help you out
    Send him an email and let him know what is going on

Good luck with the operation you will be in my thoughts and prayers

Congratz on the BR!
    My email to the forum was corrected when I made all the other changes to the correct ones 'home address shipping ect"

bill1024
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: How to change email address during checkout? 2022/06/11 13:58:52 (permalink)
    Please let us know when you’re going to have the surgery and how you make out
    There is a thread in the crunching section general open chat what’s on your mind ect
    Do stop in and don’t be a stranger

TheWolf
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: How to change email address during checkout? 2022/06/13 23:49:35 (permalink)
    bill1024
    Please let us know when you’re going to have the surgery and how you make out
    There is a thread in the crunching section general open chat what’s on your mind ect
    Do stop in and don’t be a stranger

Thanks, Bill I will try to do that.

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: How to change email address during checkout? 2022/06/14 11:52:35 (permalink)
    this thread is so far off topic ... I'll just lock it as OP has not replied

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile