EVGA

How long of a wait for the Step Up Program to the 3080 FTW3?

Page: 123 > Showing page 1 of 3
Author
schmitm3
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2020/09/24 08:59:27 (permalink)
Just like the title says. I was curious if anyone had an estimate on the timeframe for the Step Up Program. I was able to get in the queue the day the 3080s released for the 3080 FTW3. Was just curious how long it took to get to Step 2 of that.

Thanks!

83 Replies Related Threads

projectarjun
    • Total Posts : 35
    Re: How long of a wait for the Step Up Program to the 3080 FTW3? 2020/09/24 09:19:26 (permalink)
    I started a thread of the exact same thing, still waiting for a reply as well 

schmitm3
    Just like the title says. I was curious if anyone had an estimate on the timeframe for the Step Up Program. I was able to get in the queue the day the 3080s released for the 3080 FTW3. Was just curious how long it took to get to Step 2 of that.

Thanks!

|Current Build|
    Intel Core i7-10700K | 64GB G-Skill Rip Jaws 3200 (4x16GB) RAM | Gigabyte AORUS Master Z490 Motherboard | 3x 500GB WD Black NVME SSD | 2x 500GB Crucial MX500 SSD | 2x 4TB WD Mechanical HDD | EVGA RTX 2070 Super XC Ultra (RTX 3080 FTW3 Pending) | EVGA Supernova 750 G3 | Gigabyte Technology Thunderbolt Card | ASUS 10GB Network PCIe Card | Gigabyte AORUS WiFi 6 | Fractal Design Meshify C Case with Dark Tinted Glass | Corsair Lightning Node PRO RGB | 2x Noctua Industrial PWM Intake Fans | 3x Noctua Industrial PWM Exhaust Fans | 1x Noctua NH-U12A CPU Cooler | Windows 10 Professional
    Eclesius
    • Total Posts : 17
    Re: How long of a wait for the Step Up Program to the 3080 FTW3? 2020/09/24 09:25:54 (permalink)
    Also initiated my Step-Up on release day, still in queue myself.

I have absolutely no reference for how long it may take but I've committed my expectations to sometime before Christmas so I'm not constantly disappointed 😂
    Keags16
    • Total Posts : 100
    Re: How long of a wait for the Step Up Program to the 3080 FTW3? 2020/09/24 09:33:34 (permalink)
    You get into a queue system so idk
    mamaloney02
    • Total Posts : 37
    Re: How long of a wait for the Step Up Program to the 3080 FTW3? 2020/09/24 09:34:03 (permalink)
    Initiated my step-up 30 minutes after launch. Still waiting for my Step 2 e-mail as well. A tweet was sent out by Jacob at EVGA yesterday that it would be next week or so that step-ups will start being processed. We'll see. In their discretion, they can honestly push back step-ups as long as they want since most people are already in the queue, and they are trying to meet demand as is. I hope it will be sooner rather than later, but I'm not holding my breath on getting mine before the back half of October.
    GamingExports
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 106
    Re: How long of a wait for the Step Up Program to the 3080 FTW3? 2020/09/24 09:34:55 (permalink)
    mamaloney02
    Initiated my step-up 30 minutes after launch. Still waiting for my Step 2 e-mail as well. A tweet was sent out by Jacob at EVGA yesterday that it would be next week or so that step-ups will start being processed. We'll see. In their discretion, they can honestly push back step-ups as long as they want since most people are already in the queue, and they are trying to meet demand as is. I hope it will be sooner rather than later, but I'm not holding my breath on getting mine before the back half of October.

antarious
    • Total Posts : 87
    Re: How long of a wait for the Step Up Program to the 3080 FTW3? 2020/09/24 09:47:41 (permalink)
    mamaloney02

Ya see I was silly personally.  I swore in a thread or social media thing I saw someone ask about inventory and the response was they split it between retail and step-up.  So I then made the assumption that when the FTW3 Ultras came in yesterday at least a few people in step-up would go to step 2.  I also assumed I wouldn't be one of them... then all the cards seemed to simply end up on ebay... or at least I didn't notice anyone with a "got one" post about those (unlike the 3090's today).

So when I saw "in the next week or two" on twitter... I got a bit agitated.  It's not about the wait... it's simply the fact those cards just went to sit on ebay at a "3090" price.  Today I had a 3090 in my cart for my content creation machine and I had to leave while checkout was still erroring.   So I missed out but so many people here got a card I have zero irritation because they aren't all sitting on ebay at some stupid price.
    rain2_usa
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 523
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: How long of a wait for the Step Up Program to the 3080 FTW3? 2020/09/24 09:52:54 (permalink)
    antarious
    mamaloney02

Ya see I was silly personally.  I swore in a thread or social media thing I saw someone ask about inventory and the response was they split it between retail and step-up.  So I then made the assumption that when the FTW3 Ultras came in yesterday at least a few people in step-up would go to step 2.  I also assumed I wouldn't be one of them... then all the cards seemed to simply end up on ebay... or at least I didn't notice anyone with a "got one" post about those (unlike the 3090's today).

So when I saw "in the next week or two" on twitter... I got a bit agitated.  It's not about the wait... it's simply the fact those cards just went to sit on ebay at a "3090" price.  Today I had a 3090 in my cart for my content creation machine and I had to leave while checkout was still erroring.   So I missed out but so many people here got a card I have zero irritation because they aren't all sitting on ebay at some stupid price.

Don't forget EVGA was working around the clock on their servers and bot deterrence to prepare for the 3090 launch and still fulfilling orders for the 2080 FTW's.  Step-Up shouldn't have priority over the actual pending launch of another card the very next day.  The fact that we got an updated time-frame says a lot under the circumstances.  I'm very much okay with a short delay and who's to say there isn't stock set aside for Step-Ups and they're just waiting to catch their breath shipping out the existing orders already paid for?

Core i7 6700k
    Gigabyte Z170XP-SLI
    2x8GB Team T-Force Vulcan Z 3200Mhz
    EVGA 2070 Super XC Ultra
    Corsair AIO? with 3D Printed spacer
    Mushkin 240GB SSD
    1TB NVMe 
    1TB Seagate SSHD
    LG Black BD-Drive UH12NS30
    Seasonic Focus GM-750 80+ Gold
    Silverstone Grandia GD09B HTPC Case
    Keags16
    Re: How long of a wait for the Step Up Program to the 3080 FTW3? 2020/09/24 09:56:13 (permalink)
    hopefully not long

wickedshrapnel
    Re: How long of a wait for the Step Up Program to the 3080 FTW3? 2020/09/24 09:58:19 (permalink)
    at this rate 9 years. ;) 
    antarious
    • Total Posts : 87
    Re: How long of a wait for the Step Up Program to the 3080 FTW3? 2020/09/24 11:37:32 (permalink)
    rain2_usa
    antarious
    mamaloney02

Don't forget EVGA was working around the clock on their servers and bot deterrence to prepare for the 3090 launch and still fulfilling orders for the 2080 FTW's.  Step-Up shouldn't have priority over the actual pending launch of another card the very next day.  The fact that we got an updated time-frame says a lot under the circumstances.  I'm very much okay with a short delay and who's to say there isn't stock set aside for Step-Ups and they're just waiting to catch their breath shipping out the existing orders already paid for?

Who said anything about priority over 3090 launch?  I'm not even sure how to process that in the logical sense.  3080 FTW3 Ultras were in stock yesterday.  ZERO went to Step-Up.  You can conclude what you want about stock "set aside" from that part.  Step-Up requires less work because for EVGA it is simply billing and then waiting as opposed to billing and shipping.  So I kind of get lost on how it would impact the 3090 today....

The super short version is... if there had been a bunch of "I got one" posts with their 3080 FTW3 Ultra screen shots I would have never posted my comment.  Like today there was a lot of 3090 "I got one" posts... cool beans.  Oh and no I didn't get one.. who cares because the cards aren't sitting on Ebay at some stupid price.  They are actually going to be used...

mamaloney02
    Re: How long of a wait for the Step Up Program to the 3080 FTW3? 2020/09/24 11:48:23 (permalink)
    antarious
    rain2_usa
    antarious
    mamaloney02

Who said anything about priority over 3090 launch?  I'm not even sure how to process that in the logical sense.  3080 FTW3 Ultras were in stock yesterday.  ZERO went to Step-Up.  You can conclude what you want about stock "set aside" from that part.  Step-Up requires less work because for EVGA it is simply billing and then waiting as opposed to billing and shipping.  So I kind of get lost on how it would impact the 3090 today....

The super short version is... if there had been a bunch of "I got one" posts with their 3080 FTW3 Ultra screen shots I would have never posted my comment.  Like today there was a lot of 3090 "I got one" posts... cool beans.  Oh and no I didn't get one.. who cares because the cards aren't sitting on Ebay at some stupid price.  They are actually going to be used...

I can kind of agree that they would rather focus on the 3090 launch rather than process step up cards. I'm not sure why they would put some of the 3080 FTW stock on the website for sale without setting aside and processing some of the step up requests. FWIW, Jacob did just confirm on their EVGA Weekly YouTube stream that they will begin processing Step Up Queue's in the next week. 

Again, still not holding my breath, but at the very least it's an update. 
    EVGATech_DanielM
    EVGA Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 1132
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: How long of a wait for the Step Up Program to the 3080 FTW3? 2020/09/24 11:56:03 (permalink)
    We do not provide any timelines for when your place is in queue is up. You could be waiting several months for a 30 series card so continue to use your current one until we notify you 
    mpisani1985
    • Total Posts : 17
    Re: How long of a wait for the Step Up Program to the 3080 FTW3? 2020/09/24 12:39:40 (permalink)
    Pretty crummy that they sold all their initial stock. Apparently that split they talk about between retailers, their own store, and step up can sometimes be a 50/50/0 split. LOL.

But, oh well. I am just hoping to have it by November when the games I care about release. And now I'll know how they handle things for future purchases.
    rain2_usa
    SSC Member
    Re: How long of a wait for the Step Up Program to the 3080 FTW3? 2020/09/24 13:10:04 (permalink)
    How does anyone know they didn't keep some for the step-up (I seem to recall Jacob specifically saying some will be allocated for step-up; he just never confirmed when Step 2 would start)?  Did anyone at EVGA confirm 0 stock to Step-Up?  Just because nothing has moved to Step 2 doesn't mean they're not building up stock to batch them through at once.  

Core i7 6700k
    Gigabyte Z170XP-SLI
    EVGA 2070 Super XC Ultra
    Mushkin 240GB SSD
    1TB NVMe 
    1TB Seagate SSHD
    Thehalfdemon
    Re: How long of a wait for the Step Up Program to the 3080 FTW3? 2020/09/24 18:24:15 (permalink)
    "We do not provide any timelines for when your place is in queue is up. You could be waiting several months for a 30 series card so continue to use your current one until we notify you "

Looks like we have our answer lol, I'll read between the lines and expect it to be several months.

10G-P5-3883-KR 9/17/2020 10:52:49 AM PT No
    10G-P5-3885-KR 9/17/2020 10:51:19 AM PT No
    10G-P5-3897-KR 9/17/2020 10:50:26 AM PT No
    10G-P5-3881-KR 9/16/2020 12:15:53 PM PT No
    Poss273
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 109
    Re: How long of a wait for the Step Up Program to the 3080 FTW3? 2020/09/24 18:44:15 (permalink)
    Several months? That sucks. Will there be less cards out for sale based on the number requested in step up? Or will that not happen for a few months?
    Bretb949
    • Total Posts : 11
    Re: How long of a wait for the Step Up Program to the 3080 FTW3? 2020/09/24 19:05:31 (permalink)
    3-6 months is what I went into it expecting.

It only makes sense they fulfill full price retail demand first and begin step up fulfillment after retail supply/demand stabilizes.

Step up cant be a money winner, it’s part of their market positioning as the best in class service/customer experience in GPUs.

They might fulfill sooner but expecting them to fulfill step up before retail demand stabilizes is frankly unreasonable. It’s an entitled point of view when it’s a customer service gift. Especially entitled when many of us are using it for: a back door method to back order highly demanded 3080s.

Not only do we get to back order a 3080, we get a free loaner GPU while we wait. So I don’t want to hear any whining.

FYI when I googled 2080 Ti step up threads it looked like orders entered in thr first couple weeks after launch (sept‘18) began fulfilling in mid-December’18. The past does not predict the future but it’s a data point.
    post edited by Bretb949 - 2020/09/24 19:21:34
    Urieldagda
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 113
    Re: How long of a wait for the Step Up Program to the 3080 FTW3? 2020/09/24 19:12:53 (permalink)
    I was planning on leaving the card I bought for step up in the box. Probably will.. It was a side-grade (same speed as my 10 series card but with ray-tracing basically). I just toss it (err, gently place it) in my closet while I wait.

I was just kinda hoping it'd be faster.. If I get the 3080 in January I'll have to wait until March or April to install it, since opening my computer's case in the winter here I might as well shove a live Tesla coil in there.  Static electricity in winter here is stun gun strength.

Then again if I got it in January, it'd be a good birthday gift to myself!  With the bonus of in the meantime, if there are any glitches in the production of these cards, they should be ironed out by then.
    Thehalfdemon
    Re: How long of a wait for the Step Up Program to the 3080 FTW3? 2020/09/24 19:16:08 (permalink)
    I'm fine waiting as long as it takes. I waited for hours in line twice and failed to get a 30 series card so bought an EVGA for the step up so I had something to use until I can get a 3080

10G-P5-3883-KR 9/17/2020 10:52:49 AM PT No
    10G-P5-3885-KR 9/17/2020 10:51:19 AM PT No
    10G-P5-3897-KR 9/17/2020 10:50:26 AM PT No
    10G-P5-3881-KR 9/16/2020 12:15:53 PM PT No
    Bretb949
    • Total Posts : 11
    Re: How long of a wait for the Step Up Program to the 3080 FTW3? 2020/09/24 19:25:19 (permalink)
    Good point on production glitches. Quality (and yield) of a new cutting edge chip improves as they learn.
    Chips from after Samsung gets practice are more likely to boost/overclock better.
    Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10102
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: How long of a wait for the Step Up Program to the 3080 FTW3? 2020/09/24 19:33:09 (permalink)
    The step up program can take months but as long as you are in line you get to step up. Just keep using the card you currently have until you get the message you are first in line.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

aamike68
    • Total Posts : 34
    Re: How long of a wait for the Step Up Program to the 3080 FTW3? 2020/09/24 19:50:57 (permalink)
    I'm holding out hope that I'll get it before cyberpunk launches...
    dwgrilley
    • Total Posts : 13
    Re: How long of a wait for the Step Up Program to the 3080 FTW3? 2020/09/24 22:16:21 (permalink)
    They responded to me today and said it could be as long as 5 months so I'm going in expecting it to be 5 months which is why I decided to just pick up a 2080 super from newegg.   I wish I could get it sooner, but realistically this is like going to a car dealership and buying a new car and them telling you  we won't have your exact car for a few months but in the meantime take this loaner and put as  many miles as you want on it until your car is ready.  It's a pretty good deal and now I don't have to spend my days stressing trying to check 3080 stock every 5 minutes  to see if it is finally available.   I was using a 970 so going to a 2080 Super will already be a huge improvement.
    jamexr
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 266
    Re: How long of a wait for the Step Up Program to the 3080 FTW3? 2020/09/25 00:26:18 (permalink)
    dwgrilley
    They responded to me today and said it could be as long as 5 months so I'm going in expecting it to be 5 months which is why I decided to just pick up a 2080 super from newegg.   I wish I could get it sooner, but realistically this is like going to a car dealership and buying a new car and them telling you  we won't have your exact car for a few months but in the meantime take this loaner and put as  many miles as you want on it until your car is ready.  It's a pretty good deal and now I don't have to spend my days stressing trying to check 3080 stock every 5 minutes  to see if it is finally available.   I was using a 970 so going to a 2080 Super will already be a huge improvement.

Lol, 5 months that would be ridiculous, but then again, by that time we may have a 20 GB 3080 or a super/Ti, if we reached that long, may as well cancel the current step up and step up to the newer model lol. I want to give my business to Evga as I have always bought PSU's, cards etc, however I will keep hunting for any 3080 from any vendor I can get, if I do, bye bye Evga step up, their loss (I know one person is nothing but just saying).
    hutiu4u
    • Total Posts : 32
    Re: How long of a wait for the Step Up Program to the 3080 FTW3? 2020/09/25 00:48:20 (permalink)
    Just to put everyone at ease, I did receive my step 2 email on 9/24 @ 1:04 pm PST.  The queue is being worked on. 
    projectarjun
    • Total Posts : 35
    Re: How long of a wait for the Step Up Program to the 3080 FTW3? 2020/09/25 02:06:18 (permalink)
    What time did you submit your Step Up?  What are the last three digits of your Step Up ID?  

hutiu4u
    Just to put everyone at ease, I did receive my step 2 email on 9/24 @ 1:04 pm PST.  The queue is being worked on. 

|Current Build|
    Intel Core i7-10700K | 64GB G-Skill Rip Jaws 3200 (4x16GB) RAM | Gigabyte AORUS Master Z490 Motherboard | 3x 500GB WD Black NVME SSD | 2x 500GB Crucial MX500 SSD | 2x 4TB WD Mechanical HDD | EVGA RTX 2070 Super XC Ultra (RTX 3080 FTW3 Pending) | EVGA Supernova 750 G3 | Gigabyte Technology Thunderbolt Card | ASUS 10GB Network PCIe Card | Gigabyte AORUS WiFi 6 | Fractal Design Meshify C Case with Dark Tinted Glass | Corsair Lightning Node PRO RGB | 2x Noctua Industrial PWM Intake Fans | 3x Noctua Industrial PWM Exhaust Fans | 1x Noctua NH-U12A CPU Cooler | Windows 10 Professional
    hutiu4u
    • Total Posts : 32
    Re: How long of a wait for the Step Up Program to the 3080 FTW3? 2020/09/25 03:51:30 (permalink)
    projectarjun
    What time did you submit your Step Up?  What are the last three digits of your Step Up ID?  

hutiu4u

Last 3 is 868.  I submitted my request on the day of launch and I received my confirmation email @ 6:14 PST.  There's an unofficial thread posted in regards to the different times that people received step 1 confirmation.
    rain2_usa
    SSC Member
    Re: How long of a wait for the Step Up Program to the 3080 FTW3? 2020/09/25 05:20:15 (permalink)
    hutiu4u

Congrats!  Glad to see confirmation Step 2 is starting.  Good deal. 

Core i7 6700k
    Gigabyte Z170XP-SLI
    EVGA 2070 Super XC Ultra
    Mushkin 240GB SSD
    1TB NVMe 
    1TB Seagate SSHD
    aka_STEVE_b
    EGC Admin
    • Total Posts : 17692
    • Ribbons : 69
    Re: How long of a wait for the Step Up Program to the 3080 FTW3? 2020/09/25 05:49:37 (permalink)
    Best guess, at this rate , a few months

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X  12-core cpu~ ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero ~ EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3~ G.SKILL Trident Z NEO 32GB DDR4-3600 ~ Phanteks Eclipse P400s red case ~ EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G+ PSU ~ Intel 660p M.2 drive~ Crucial MX300 275 GB SSD ~WD 2TB SSD ~CORSAIR H115i RGB Pro XT 280mm cooler ~ CORSAIR Dark Core RGB Pro mouse ~ CORSAIR K68 Mech keyboard ~ HGST 4TB Hd.~ AOC AGON 32" monitor 1440p @ 144Hz ~ Win 10 x64
    Page: 123 > Showing page 1 of 3
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile