EVGA

LockedHow does tax on work on the Step-Up program?

Author
TaranMayer
  • Total Posts : 5
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2020/12/02 16:21:32 (permalink)
If I paid $185 for my old video card, and the one I'm stepping up to is $400, how much tax do I pay? 

Is the tax on the entire $400, or just the $215 difference I pay? 

Do I pay $215 + 0.078 * $400 total, or $215 + 0.078 * $215?

Thanks for the help~!

4 Replies Related Threads

VengefulWinter
    • Total Posts : 23
    Re: How does tax on work on the Step-Up program? 2020/12/02 17:51:13 (permalink)
    Tax is only paid on the difference. For example, the difference between my old card and new card was $50, so I only paid around $4 in tax with an 8.8% local sales tax rate.
    Scottish
    • Total Posts : 8
    Re: How does tax on work on the Step-Up program? 2020/12/02 18:51:23 (permalink)
    VengefulWinterTax is only paid on the difference. For example, the difference between my old card and new card was $50, so I only paid around $4 in tax with an 8.8% local sales tax rate.

That is incorrect. There may have been a system error that resulted in that happening to you and others, Vengeful, but it was determined in this thread that taxes will be paid on the full price of the new card:

And I can confirm that my 3060 Ti Step-Up request created today is showing that I will be charged the full tax on the new card.

Edit: I guess I don't have permissions to post links in this forum yet or something. Look in this section for the thread titled "EVGA Step up Taxes".
    post edited by Scottish - 2020/12/02 18:53:18
    VengefulWinter
    • Total Posts : 23
    Re: How does tax on work on the Step-Up program? 2020/12/03 13:00:35 (permalink)
    Scottish
    VengefulWinterTax is only paid on the difference. For example, the difference between my old card and new card was $50, so I only paid around $4 in tax with an 8.8% local sales tax rate.

That is incorrect. There may have been a system error that resulted in that happening to you and others, Vengeful, but it was determined in this thread that taxes will be paid on the full price of the new card:

And I can confirm that my 3060 Ti Step-Up request created today is showing that I will be charged the full tax on the new card.

Edit: I guess I don't have permissions to post links in this forum yet or something. Look in this section for the thread titled "EVGA Step up Taxes".

Ah, that's... strange. I read that thread and an EVGA tech commented first saying tax on the difference was correct, but then another EVGA employee flip flopped and said it's on the MSRP. Maybe there was just some miscommunication internally. Either way, thank you for the clarification!
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 31001
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: How does tax on work on the Step-Up program? 2020/12/04 16:03:21 (permalink)

Step-UP

Your "buying the New GPU" @ Retail +Tax

EVGA is offering you the "value you Paid" (less tax, rebate & shipping) as a Promotional Discount on the NEW GPU purchase 

See the Existing thread about the TAX Question  https://forums.evga.com/FindPost/3152402

Locking as Duplicate thread

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile