EVGA

Hope someone can give advice

Author
SEWaffles
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2023/02/25 07:12:21 (permalink)
okey this old lady (me) tries to do things on her own like exchanging out a ps isn't that hard as we all know but I have a problem. My old ps died on me and i ordered a new one with pretty much the same specs just ten years newer (and size wise the new one is tiny). Yes, I have just moved my ps from one computer to the next over the years as I always by parts and build a new computer reusing parts that are still good. My problem is this I got the new ps and the 24 pin that came with the new one isn't long enough to go from the ps to the motherboard. The new on is like half the length of the old one but the old one did not fit for some reason into the new ps. Can anyone tell me where I might get a longer cable or if there is an extension one can purchase. I need about 10 cm more in length for it to fit.  

I bought  EVGA SuperNOVA 750 GM, 80 PLUS Gold 750W, Fully Modular, ECO Mode with FDB Fan, 10 Year Warranty, Includes Power ON Self Tester, SFX Form Factor, Power Supply 123-GM-0750-X3 (UK) to replace my old EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750G that I bought back in 2013    

any advice will be grateful
//Waffs

3 Replies Related Threads

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30975
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Hope someone can give advice 2023/02/25 08:12:52 (permalink)
    Welcome to the EVGA Forums & Congrats on your first thread

try ---> https://cablemod.com/why-cablemod/

You never listed what your 10 year old PSU was .... at 10 years probably past its prime .... PSUs have changes a so have ATX standards

EVGA SuperNOVA 750 GM, specs PDF

ATX Cable 1x 300mm (m)

You could consider exchanging your PSU ?  EVGA SuperNOVA 750 P6 is on Sale $149.99 (in North America EVGA store)

& then you could use anyone's Associate code & save another 10%  $149.99 - 10% = $134.99 + shipping

Anyways ... Standard (full size) ATX cable = 600mm length

my Associates Code -   QR2IBEVA7LMCRCU   - Save $$$ on Your orders @EVGA.com

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

SEWaffles
    • Total Posts : 2
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Hope someone can give advice 2023/02/25 16:09:46 (permalink)
    Thank you Cool GTX for the information but I worked out a solution. Altough many might think I am nuts as I figured something out. (This old lady thinks outside the box a lot, maybe its the swede in me)  I actually mounted my new power supply, since its so small and light, on the front section of my tower, I mounted it above my cdwriter and all the cables reach now. It looks a bit strange because it is mounted in a strange spot but who cares what is looks like as long as it works right.  Also, I do have a new computer as well which I use for gaming. I only use this old one for my writing and mudding, mudder since 1990.  Retired but have to keep my mind going. 

also my old PS was EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750G pn 120-PG-0750 which I bought in 2013. 
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30975
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Hope someone can give advice 2023/02/26 07:48:41 (permalink)
    Your Welcome, Happy to Help

you get bonus points for creativity

Two things to consider about where you mounted PSU

Grounding, the mounting screws for a PSU also act to ground PSU & Case.  Laying PSU inside of the case (5 1/4 drive bay) the painted surface is not a good ground

Heat, is the enemy of any electronics ---> make sure there is some airflow for the PSU - both the fan & exhaust side ---> PSU will last longer

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile