EVGA

AnsweredHigh end PC yet game doesn't feel smooth?

Author
GangsterFresh
  • Total Posts : 10
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2018/07/15 11:57:27 (permalink)
Regarding Fortnite,

My rig: 4690k and 980 ti

I noticed how smooth and responsive the game feels on console with only 60 FPS and here I am pushing 250+ FPS on my PC yet my game doesn't look as smooth and its driving me nuts... I think I am having FPS drops because my internet is all good with no packet loss. I tried in the past to turn off all programs except Fortnite, restarted game many times and even enabled gsync on my monitor and limited my FPS and problem was still there. During squad fights and especially in tilted my game becomes so choppy that I stop paying attention to the fight and just focus everything on how bad the game feels. Calling out every1 with a rig that can run this game and have steady FPS and as smooth of a gameplay as a console player, any tips?
And yes I did change my nvidia settings for Fortnite.

Also reinstalled windows and started with clean wipe of all my files. I have Malwarebytes doing monthly scans as well to check for malware. At this point, I think its a hardware issue since I did purchase the PC used 3 years ago, and sure the benchmarks and tools are telling me that my hardware is preforming well, but something might be going on maybe in the CPU/GPU i don't know...
post edited by GangsterFresh - 2018/07/15 12:04:00
Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 49164
  • Ribbons : 199
Re: High end PC yet game doesn't feel smooth? 2018/07/15 14:47:27 (permalink) ☼ Best Answerby GangsterFresh 2018/07/15 14:50:04
GangsterFresh
And yes I did change my nvidia settings for Fortnite.

Nvidia settings? Are you talking about optimizing the game with geforce experience, or are you talking about adjusting settings inside the nvidia control panel? Both are bad. The nvidia control panel should be left at default settings with the exception of changing the power management mode, vertical sync & g-sync settings to whatever you prefer. If you optimized the game with geforce experience than you'll need to perform #5 listed here.
GangsterFresh
Re: High end PC yet game doesn't feel smooth? 2018/07/15 14:50:41 (permalink)
I meant control panel and I just set max frames at 1 along with vsync off, gsync on and max power in game.
Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re: High end PC yet game doesn't feel smooth? 2018/07/15 14:56:20 (permalink)
What happens with v-sync & g-sync enabled?
GangsterFresh
Re: High end PC yet game doesn't feel smooth? 2018/07/15 15:56:32 (permalink)
Input delay
Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re: High end PC yet game doesn't feel smooth? 2018/07/15 16:51:27 (permalink)
What about the choppiness?
Dr.Death
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1011
  • Ribbons : 9
Re: High end PC yet game doesn't feel smooth? 2018/07/17 15:14:27 (permalink)
you could try to set the game to 60 fps  -  afterburner and per-x  offers a setting to do that .   I got one game I do this for  .   whats funny is some  how  the fps runs faster then the game  [go figure ]

it was funny that I could not finish the mission  with this 980 ti  that I was able to complete  a 1000 times before  ,  I was like what the heck ? looked it up  and found that  from one guy posting this szme issues with the game and that one mission .   so set it to 60 in the cards software and all played as normal   anything over that you die like with in 10 steps   over and over   [you got to out run explosions  the first 2 take your health and the 3ed kills you off ]  .

also at more the 60 as your console  plays maybe a bit harder on your internet  service  that could cause this ?

have you looked at any   Fortnite  game forums ?   lots of times you may find 100's of threads on a same issue a lot of players are experiencing .   as in a bug or poor game optimization  and you just have to put up with it  untill the next patch if they ever offer one to resolve.

just google around   Fortnite --- poor optimization  / performance /   shuttering / lag / ect...... 

https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/forums/battle-royale/royale-with-cheese/78053-can-you-please-optimize-the-game-more

https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/forums/archive/72616-optimization

thing is with todays games not on full retail disk and steam rental downloads  types    se you don't know if its you or the game or steam type or there servers  or nothing  ..   its just if not satisfactory its too bad so sad   you rely 100% on them  and you hold ansd own nothing like as it was in the real pc game days  ...lol.......   they se you coming a mile away with todays games and there clients and downloads crap.     what a rip-off joke gaming is today .    at least with a real retail disk  I did not have to rely on nothing but me the disk and computer  [off line ]  .   any issue had to be between those 3 thing only  .  

see with that you maybe blaming your system / hardware  and screwing it up trying to fix something that all on there end or there crap game ..   reinstall windows over this is pretty desperate  super last ditch and wehast did you lose  or had to go back and reinstall and stuff over that ?  WOW!!

post edited by Dr.Death - 2018/07/17 15:19:00
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile