Help me build my new computer, what to buy, how to, lets make this happen! [UK]

Page: < 1234 > Showing page 3 of 4
Author
Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 30991
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 122
Re: Help me build my new computer, what to buy, how to, lets make this happen! [UK] 2019/08/11 11:59:46 (permalink)
make sure you Add a drain to your loop - make maintenance Much easier & less messy

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

superclarkey
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 218
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: Help me build my new computer, what to buy, how to, lets make this happen! [UK] 2019/08/11 12:17:53 (permalink)
Cool GTX
make sure you Add a drain to your loop - make maintenance Much easier & less messy

Gone for the uv dye so I can see if I have leaks :-)

Was going to add one so that I can pull a vacuum on the system of -0.5 bar then have the drain in the fluid, once opened it will draw the liquid in and eliminate most air bubbles. (Will see what the tubes can deal with before collapsing lol)

The rad is basically an a/c rad so can take a full vacuum, but i think it is the plastic top of the gpu might crack 😂
GTXJackBauer
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10323
  • Ribbons : 48
Re: Help me build my new computer, what to buy, how to, lets make this happen! [UK] 2019/08/11 21:47:22 (permalink)
superclarkey

And yes I thought about putting two fittings on the bottom and running the drum as a massive passivie cooler haha

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
superclarkey
Superclocked Member
Re: Help me build my new computer, what to buy, how to, lets make this happen! [UK] 2019/08/12 03:57:19 (permalink)
Ok I think everything but the pump, and Z390 Dark board is now ordered.

I just need to work out the PWM lines to rad. I have no issues making the cables, I don't have a dedicated Molex crimper however I have things I bet will work fine, so I can make some 3.5meter PWM cables, I presume the Pump(s) will go into CPU Rad fan header? so need to run two sets of cables for that, and then a single PWM for the fans to the Splitty9 hub.  

IS there anywhere you can buy these cables pre-made before I go buying bits to make them.  Can you confirm that you use the CPU Fan header (presume you use this due to the fact it surely has an alarm if the fans stop (i.e pump)).

Excited to get building. :D 
GTXJackBauer
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Help me build my new computer, what to buy, how to, lets make this happen! [UK] 2019/08/12 08:02:15 (permalink)
Here are a some places for cables and custom services.

Moddiy

Custom Cables

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
superclarkey
Superclocked Member
Re: Help me build my new computer, what to buy, how to, lets make this happen! [UK] 2019/08/13 06:35:03 (permalink)
I’ve ordered some molex 4pin connectors to make my own loom up.

Great news Z390 Dark has finally arrived :-)

Had a quick test fit and gpu doesn’t fit in the case lol 😂
Great!

I could move it to the top of the case as there is plenty of room and just weld in a hanger to hold the gpu properly and mill out the back of the case etc.

Pros - clean looking build with GPU at the top and display point forwards also, any spills means gravity works in the favour of gpu and goes down not going on gpu...

Con - long pci cable required and modding required to make fit.

I presume that there is no problem running like 50-60cm pci extension as electrons do travel at the speed of light lol so can’t see 60cm causing a problem, specially if a good quality shielded cable etc?

I can put it at the bottom of the case but its then in the way, and thats the easy way out lol
tbrown7552
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 162
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Help me build my new computer, what to buy, how to, lets make this happen! [UK] 2019/08/13 08:11:05 (permalink)
superclarkey
I’ve ordered some molex 4pin connectors to make my own loom up.

Great news Z390 Dark has finally arrived :-)

Had a quick test fit and gpu doesn’t fit in the case lol 😂
Great!

I could move it to the top of the case as there is plenty of room and just weld in a hanger to hold the gpu properly and mill out the back of the case etc.

Pros - clean looking build with GPU at the top and display point forwards also, any spills means gravity works in the favour of gpu and goes down not going on gpu...

Con - long pci cable required and modding required to make fit.

I presume that there is no problem running like 50-60cm pci extension as electrons do travel at the speed of light lol so can’t see 60cm causing a problem, specially if a good quality shielded cable etc?

I can put it at the bottom of the case but its then in the way, and thats the easy way out lol

It all depends on the quality of the cable. I have a 300mm Samtec one that is lossless over PCIEv3 and v4 x16. 3M makes a cheaper alternative cable that ive heard is pretty good. The cheap 20 dollar ones will have issues.
superclarkey
Superclocked Member
Re: Help me build my new computer, what to buy, how to, lets make this happen! [UK] 2019/08/13 16:38:55 (permalink)
Thermaltake platinum 60cm riser cable any good?

Edit, think I will need the 100cm version...

Only issue I see is running the riser cable up the back of the case very close the psu (basically touching the side of it) so depends how good the shielding is on the cable...

The 100cm version is £95. So must be made of pure gold, silver and colbot.
post edited by superclarkey - 2019/08/13 17:34:42
superclarkey
Superclocked Member
Re: Help me build my new computer, what to buy, how to, lets make this happen! [UK] 2019/08/14 11:09:09 (permalink)
Let us know what you guys think about a 1 meter pci cable :-)

Silly question, If I buy a 4k monitor with a max of 60hz, can you still bench mark the gpu? I.e doesn’t matter about monitor or does it effect results?

Just thinking 8,847,360 pixels being driven at 4:4:4 10bit is going to kill the gpu?
superclarkey
Superclocked Member
Re: Help me build my new computer, what to buy, how to, lets make this happen! [UK] 2019/08/15 15:49:11 (permalink)
Just ordered the Molex 63811-1000 crimping tool. £50 delivered, but pays to have the right tools for the job.

This is for the Molex fan and psu connectors.
superclarkey
Superclocked Member
Re: Help me build my new computer, what to buy, how to, lets make this happen! [UK] 2019/08/19 02:25:53 (permalink)
Still looking for advice on the GPU extension cable :D 

I ordered my monitor today, defo not a gaming monitor but will let you know how it turns out for games lol..

Eizo CG319X, response time = still waiting, input lag = major delays expected, colour accuracy = EPIC!, Price = Upsetting..

This is a colour accurate monitor for my photography and printing.  I will however buy a gaming monitor once my back account recovers.

Ture 4k DCI monitor here are the spec for those how can't be arse to search for them lol...  

https://eizocolour.com/pr...Q6HEAAYAiAAEgJcUPD_BwE
superclarkey
Superclocked Member
Re: Help me build my new computer, what to buy, how to, lets make this happen! [UK] 2019/08/19 12:43:32 (permalink)
The replacement Mo-RA3 420 pro arrived today in Stainless steel, looks ace.

Wired it up and flushed the loop (minus the CPU block and the hydro copper), took nearly 20 ltrs to flush that bad boy out (distilled water)...

The dual pump draws 3.22amps while running flat out.

The Noctua 140mm fans draw 3.4amps for a less then a second and then drop to 1.47amps continuously, which worries me a little on the 2amp header, as I don't know how much of a spike of amps the fan header can take, the meter only just catches a flash of 3-3.5amps in a split second before dropping to 1.47, what do you think? Split them up? or power them directly from PSU? 

GTXJackBauer
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Help me build my new computer, what to buy, how to, lets make this happen! [UK] 2019/08/19 20:09:06 (permalink)
superclarkey

Wired it up and flushed the loop (minus the CPU block and the hydro copper), took nearly 20 ltrs to flush that bad boy out (distilled water)...

The Noctua 140mm fans draw 3.4amps for a less then a second and then drop to 1.47amps continuously, which worries me a little on the 2amp header, as I don't know how much of a spike of amps the fan header can take, the meter only just catches a flash of 3-3.5amps in a split second before dropping to 1.47, what do you think? Split them up? or power them directly from PSU? 

Big rads will need lots of distilled to flush with.    My rads in total are 120.9 worth while yours is 140.9 so it's close enough. lol

Careful when drawing that amps from the MB headers since on average or the standard was always 1 AMP per header unless that has since changed.

I'd power your stuff through the PSU and use the PWM signal to the headers unless you need more PWM headers your board doesn't have and you need something like a SPLITTY9 and a Aquaero 6 LT.    Assuming the PWM pumps are compatible to this controller.

LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
superclarkey
Superclocked Member
Re: Help me build my new computer, what to buy, how to, lets make this happen! [UK] 2019/08/19 23:36:18 (permalink)
GTXJackBauer
superclarkey

Big rads will need lots of distilled to flush with.    My rads in total are 120.9 worth while yours is 140.9 so it's close enough. lol

Careful when drawing that amps from the MB headers since on average or the standard was always 1 AMP per header unless that has since changed.

I'd power your stuff through the PSU and use the PWM signal to the headers unless you need more PWM headers your board doesn't have and you need something like a SPLITTY9 and a Aquaero 6 LT.    Assuming the PWM pumps are compatible to this controller.

The z390 dark has 2amp headers, and i have a splitty9 already, however if I can split the power to the psu and 5v and tacho to the header that will be best.

Need to understand how the pwm can be split as i dont know if its ground modulated or constant 12v with 5v as regulator... i.e if you split the cable up will it still work...
Methodical2
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 562
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Help me build my new computer, what to buy, how to, lets make this happen! [UK] 2019/08/19 23:51:01 (permalink)
Superclarkey, you can check out the Overclock forum also.

https://www.overclock.net/forum/index.php

"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic"

BlackE
Case:  Caselab Magnum STH10
MB:  Asus X670E Hero
CPU:  Ryzen 9 7950x (EK-Quantum Vector²)
GPU:  Asus 4090 TUF OC (EK-Quantum Vector²)
Memory:  G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5 (6000 @64gb)
Storage:  WD M.2 NVMe 2TB (OS), 2x4TB (Photography), 1TB (Games)
Fan Controllers: Aquacomputer Aquaero 6 XT & Octo
PSU:  EVGA 1200 P2
Monitor:  LG 48" UltraGear OLED 4k

superclarkey
Superclocked Member
Re: Help me build my new computer, what to buy, how to, lets make this happen! [UK] 2019/08/20 09:49:37 (permalink)
Got some questions, started to build the PC today :-)

Power for the MB, I have connected the 24 pin and there is two 8 pin connectors next to it, connected both of those also... there is also an extra power connector on MB at the bottom, believe its pcie power, do I need to connect that also? If so no more CPU 8 pin connectors on psu or cables... do I use a VGA one?

Power for the kingpin, there are 3x 8 pin connectors on the side of the card, I have 3 VGA Cables, but only 2 are single and the 3rd is split to power two 8 pins off one cable... question is do I run 3 cables and have the one with the extra split just dangling, or use 2 cables and use one as a jumper to fill all 3 slots?

As the cpu is rotated, I have also rotated the Heatkilller Iv cpu block, with thr outlet at the top, to help purge bubbles, is that correct to mount it 90 degrees cw?

FAN header 1+2 do I use for pumps? I know I could bridge them together but I want to know if a pump fails.

Other than that decided I can’t mount GPU at the top so I will just get a standard vertical mount, can someone let me know the best quality one to buy?
GTXJackBauer
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Help me build my new computer, what to buy, how to, lets make this happen! [UK] 2019/08/20 12:43:28 (permalink)
superclarkey

Power for the MB, I have connected the 24 pin and there is two 8 pin connectors next to it, connected both of those also... there is also an extra power connector on MB at the bottom, believe its pcie power, do I need to connect that also? If so no more CPU 8 pin connectors on psu or cables... do I use a VGA one?

Power for the kingpin, there are 3x 8 pin connectors on the side of the card, I have 3 VGA Cables, but only 2 are single and the 3rd is split to power two 8 pins off one cable... question is do I run 3 cables and have the one with the extra split just dangling, or use 2 cables and use one as a jumper to fill all 3 slots?

As the cpu is rotated, I have also rotated the Heatkilller Iv cpu block, with thr outlet at the top, to help purge bubbles, is that correct to mount it 90 degrees cw?

FAN header 1+2 do I use for pumps? I know I could bridge them together but I want to know if a pump fails.

Other than that decided I can’t mount GPU at the top so I will just get a standard vertical mount, can someone let me know the best quality one to buy?

You don't need both 8-pin CPU headers unless you're doing extreme OCing like LN2.  Check your manual which one to use and use the other for PCIe power.  Nothing wrong with adding that because it will increase stability for those lanes, especially high end RTX 2xxx GPUs.

As for powering your GPUs, always feed the GPU with it's own cable.  Never use splits since we've seen folks have stability issues before.

I'm a bit confused on your CPU WB question.  Your CPU socket is sideways and you matched the WB the same way?  If yes, that's fine as long as it's lining up and covered.

You could use both headers if they are PWM but I like using them together so they are being fed the exact PWM signal with only one tach in return.  I use my flow meter to keep an eye if a pump should fail or via audibles but these D5s are so darn silence though. lol

Can't help you on a GPU vertical mount as I can't remember what case we're talking about here.  (Make a signature and list your new PC in it and create a Mods rigs.

Edit: I think this is what you're looking for if I understood you correctly.
post edited by GTXJackBauer - 2019/08/20 12:48:57

LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
superclarkey
Superclocked Member
Re: Help me build my new computer, what to buy, how to, lets make this happen! [UK] 2019/08/20 13:09:26 (permalink)
GTXJackBauer
superclarkey

You don't need both 8-pin CPU headers unless you're doing extreme OCing like LN2.  Check your manual which one to use and use the other for PCIe power.  Nothing wrong with adding that because it will increase stability for those lanes, especially high end RTX 2xxx GPUs.

As for powering your GPUs, always feed the GPU with it's own cable.  Never use splits since we've seen folks have stability issues before.

I'm a bit confused on your CPU WB question.  Your CPU socket is sideways and you matched the WB the same way?  If yes, that's fine as long as it's lining up and covered.

You could use both headers if they are PWM but I like using them together so they are being fed the exact PWM signal with only one tach in return.  I use my flow meter to keep an eye if a pump should fail or via audibles but these D5s are so darn silence though. lol

Can't help you on a GPU vertical mount as I can't remember what case we're talking about here.  (Make a signature and list your new PC in it and create a Mods rigs.

Edit: I think this is what you're looking for if I understood you correctly.

There wasn’t a power cable that came with the kingpin, I presume you used the cable that comes with the PSU. I did start a thread asking if everything was there and no one mentioned a missing power cable... eeek

Will go google that now.
superclarkey
Superclocked Member
Re: Help me build my new computer, what to buy, how to, lets make this happen! [UK] 2019/08/20 15:45:18 (permalink)
From z390 dark manual..

7. Dual 8-pin EPS Connector
The +12V EPS are comprised of 90 degree right-angle dual-dedicated power inputs for the CPU (See Page 41 for more specifics to the connector itself, and associated wiring/pinouts). Carefully choose the correct power cable by consulting with the installation manual for your power supply. This connector is designed only to work with an EPS or CPU cable. System builders may make the mistake of plugging in a PCIe 8-pin or 6+2-pin connector, which will prevent the board from POSTing and possibly short or damage the board. Although the cables appear similar, they are wired differently and attaching a PCIe cable to an EPS connector may cause damage to the motherboard.
Alternatively, if no power cable is connected or detected, the system will not POST and will hang at POST code “C.”
8. Supplemental PCIe 6-pin Power Connector
There is a 6-pin PCIe connector at the bottom of the motherboard (See Page 40 for more specifics to the connector itself, and associated wiring/pinouts). This connector provides dedicated power to the PCIe x16 slots, augmenting the +12V power provided by the 24-pin and the GPU directly.
This is optional for a single card solution, but is recommended for SLI, CFX, and dual-processor video cards.

So I’m a little confused as it says don’t use 6+2 pin in the power slot, as mb won’t post, but these are the only cables that came with the psu...

Why can’t they just give simple wiring diagrams instead of all the guess work...

The two cables I have plugged in say CPU On the sides of them... does this mean I’ve done right?
flyinion
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2275
  • Ribbons : 8
Re: Help me build my new computer, what to buy, how to, lets make this happen! [UK] 2019/08/20 16:01:33 (permalink)
superclarkey
From z390 dark manual..

The +12V EPS are comprised of 90 degree right-angle dual-dedicated power inputs for the CPU (See Page 41 for more specifics to the connector itself, and associated wiring/pinouts). Carefully choose the correct power cable by consulting with the installation manual for your power supply. This connector is designed only to work with an EPS or CPU cable. System builders may make the mistake of plugging in a PCIe 8-pin or 6+2-pin connector, which will prevent the board from POSTing and possibly short or damage the board. Although the cables appear similar, they are wired differently and attaching a PCIe cable to an EPS connector may cause damage to the motherboard.
Alternatively, if no power cable is connected or detected, the system will not POST and will hang at POST code “C.”
There is a 6-pin PCIe connector at the bottom of the motherboard (See Page 40 for more specifics to the connector itself, and associated wiring/pinouts). This connector provides dedicated power to the PCIe x16 slots, augmenting the +12V power provided by the 24-pin and the GPU directly.
This is optional for a single card solution, but is recommended for SLI, CFX, and dual-processor video cards.

So I’m a little confused as it says don’t use 6+2 pin in the power slot, as mb won’t post, but these are the only cables that came with the psu...

Why can’t they just give simple wiring diagrams instead of all the guess work...

The two cables I have plugged in say CPU On the sides of them... does this mean I’ve done right?

CPU 8 pin cables are a different pinout than 8 pin PCIE cables for video cards.  Usually cables from the factory for PSU's are 6+2 pin for PCIE and either 8 all together for CPU, or more commonly 4+4 for CPU as some boards don't have dual 8 pin sockets and lower end boards may even only have a 4 pin power connector instead of an 8.  Theoretically the PCIE cables are keyed different from the EPS cables for the CPU but I've never tested it.  If you've connected cables actually labeled CPU to those 8 pin mobo sockets though then you should be good.

AMD Ryzen 5950X | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK Vector2 | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | WD SN850 2TB | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB & 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | SteelSeries Arctis Pro + GameDAC | Kanto YU2 + Yamaha sub | Schiit Magni 2 Uber & Modi 2 Uber | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro | Custom water loop
superclarkey
Superclocked Member
Re: Help me build my new computer, what to buy, how to, lets make this happen! [UK] 2019/08/20 16:18:40 (permalink)
flyinion
superclarkey
From z390 dark manual..

CPU 8 pin cables are a different pinout than 8 pin PCIE cables for video cards.  Usually cables from the factory for PSU's are 6+2 pin for PCIE and either 8 all together for CPU, or more commonly 4+4 for CPU as some boards don't have dual 8 pin sockets and lower end boards may even only have a 4 pin power connector instead of an 8.  Theoretically the PCIE cables are keyed different from the EPS cables for the CPU but I've never tested it.  If you've connected cables actually labeled CPU to those 8 pin mobo sockets though then you should be good.

Yeah there is CPU1 and CPU2, they are single 8 pin at the psu and are split cables at the MB side, I currently have 1 and 2 plugged into both 8 pin next to the 24 pin.

Not going to take any chances, as I don’t understand the plug difference and if they have made it so you can plug in wrong plugs and it fits well thats just stupid... looks like going to have to check all the pinouts tomorrow.

No Idea what VGA Means, they use abbreviations constantly with no explanation of what they are, very frustrating. I thought it was video graphics array or something like that, but why is it got a power connector from a psu... makes no sense, if its a gpu connect why not just call it that lol

There is no manual for the 2080 ti kingpin as I can find, again I’m just applying logic to the fact 3x VGA should work, but I can’t use cable with the split in it for some reason, but makes no sense as its 3x power points from PSU.

Also frustrating I have no way of uploading images at the moment as I have no computer and only a iPhone which images don’t seem to work with this site lol. So having to explain everything is taking allot longer lol

I just want it working now lol almost give up on caring lol
superclarkey
Superclocked Member
Re: Help me build my new computer, what to buy, how to, lets make this happen! [UK] 2019/08/20 16:30:33 (permalink)
Ok looking at photos from today (as machine is at work) I can see the cpu1 and cpu2 is 4+4 not what I thought it was of 6+2 so that now makes sense!!! So problem solved.

That means I can leave the dual 4+4 CPU in the board where they are installed and use a VGA cable for the PCI-E additional power at the bottom which is a 6 pin connector.. so using a 6+2 end and leaving the +2 disconnected.

Correct me if I’m wrong.
GTXJackBauer
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Help me build my new computer, what to buy, how to, lets make this happen! [UK] 2019/08/20 22:04:18 (permalink)
superclarkey
Ok looking at photos from today (as machine is at work) I can see the cpu1 and cpu2 is 4+4 not what I thought it was of 6+2 so that now makes sense!!! So problem solved.

That means I can leave the dual 4+4 CPU in the board where they are installed and use a VGA cable for the PCI-E additional power at the bottom which is a 6 pin connector.. so using a 6+2 end and leaving the +2 disconnected.

Correct me if I’m wrong.

The 6+2 is basically a 8 pin when needed otherwise you just connect the 6 part to a 6 pin header.  These cables when connected correctly will fit in and snap into place.

Your PSU should have cables labeled CPU for CPU power header and PCIe or VGA for the GPU.  I usually see cables labled PCIE.

Assuming this is the PSU you got, here is the info it states.

8x 8pin (6+2) PCIe

You combine the 6+2 to make your own 8-pin cable so for your kinpin GPU, you'd use three of those wires separately while using another one for your 6+2's for supplementary PCIE power so in total you'll be using 4 6+2s.  If there are any splits between these single PCIe PSU cables other than the 6+2, don't use the other one from the main cable if that makes sense.
post edited by GTXJackBauer - 2019/08/20 22:07:48

LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
flyinion
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2275
  • Ribbons : 8
Re: Help me build my new computer, what to buy, how to, lets make this happen! [UK] 2019/08/20 22:43:59 (permalink)
Just to help out a bit since I recently bought my first power supply where the PCIE cables have a second connector pigtailed off of them, the PSU's directions in my case said not to use the pigtail connector on cards that pull more than 215W.  Probably one PCIE "rail" or whatever you want to call it can't handle more than that.  Kingpin definitely falls in that category. 

Random thoughts I've had since reading your post earlier though.  Since it has 3 connectors I'm sort of curious what would happen if you plugged one cable into say port 1, left the pigtail hanging, then plugged the main connector and the pigtail on a second cable into ports 2 and 3.  Not that I'm recommending that at all.  I'm guessing the card would probably work fine in basic operation since the normal Ti's including the FTW3 Ultra all have 2 connectors, but of course the Kingpin is made for so much more and you wouldn't be able to tap into it fully unless you run 3 separate PCIE cables and ignore any pigtail connectors.

AMD Ryzen 5950X | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK Vector2 | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | WD SN850 2TB | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB & 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | SteelSeries Arctis Pro + GameDAC | Kanto YU2 + Yamaha sub | Schiit Magni 2 Uber & Modi 2 Uber | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro | Custom water loop
superclarkey
Superclocked Member
Re: Help me build my new computer, what to buy, how to, lets make this happen! [UK] 2019/08/21 04:36:08 (permalink)
I’m just flushing out the clear pipes and all the in sides have gone foggy, I used distilled water and over 20ltrs, why has the EK duraclear tube fogged up after 12 hours?
superclarkey
Superclocked Member
Re: Help me build my new computer, what to buy, how to, lets make this happen! [UK] 2019/08/21 06:47:16 (permalink)
I’ve ordered the Lian-Li Vertical gpu mount and cable, hopefully it will work well as no one seems to know much about these so had to just take the risk, suck it and see.
GTXJackBauer
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Help me build my new computer, what to buy, how to, lets make this happen! [UK] 2019/08/21 07:45:37 (permalink)
superclarkey
I’m just flushing out the clear pipes and all the in sides have gone foggy, I used distilled water and over 20ltrs, why has the EK duraclear tube fogged up after 12 hours?

Foggy as in cloudy?  Is it temporarily or permanent?

If that tubing doesn't fair well, I highly recommend PrimoChill Advanced LRT.  

superclarkey
I’ve ordered the Lian-Li Vertical gpu mount and cable, hopefully it will work well as no one seems to know much about these so had to just take the risk, suck it and see.

I linked you the one that should be for your case.

LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
superclarkey
Superclocked Member
Re: Help me build my new computer, what to buy, how to, lets make this happen! [UK] 2019/08/21 12:40:20 (permalink)
GTXJackBauer
superclarkey

Foggy as in cloudy?  Is it temporarily or permanent?

If that tubing doesn't fair well, I highly recommend PrimoChill Advanced LRT.  

superclarkey

I linked you the one that should be for your case.

Yeah, must be crap from the Mo-Ra3.. solder flux or something.. oh well.

The Lian-Li one has loads of bad reviews of cable being crap, and bracket is not great so I decided to pass on it :-) I might ask opinions but I do my research also :-) so its not a case I’m not listening :-)

Actually canceled the Lian-Li one and ordered a thermaltake platinum 300mm and i’ll make a bracket myself, hopefully that will be here tomorrow.

Done all the wiring now, so getting very close :-)

Eizo monitor arrived today too :-)
superclarkey
Superclocked Member
Re: Help me build my new computer, what to buy, how to, lets make this happen! [UK] 2019/08/23 04:04:41 (permalink)
I have booted it for first time today :-)

Let the bot do a oc for me (I know), did 5200MHz at 1.355volt.

Used the stress test for 2 hours, ran at 64-65degrees c.

I presume thats decent starting point?

Is there anything else I should do before installing windows? Set fan speeds already and xmp for memory.
GTXJackBauer
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Help me build my new computer, what to buy, how to, lets make this happen! [UK] 2019/08/23 06:00:00 (permalink)
superclarkey
I have booted it for first time today :-)

Let the bot do a oc for me (I know), did 5200MHz at 1.355volt.

Used the stress test for 2 hours, ran at 64-65degrees c.

I presume thats decent starting point?

Is there anything else I should do before installing windows? Set fan speeds already and xmp for memory.

Looks about right with the OC in place.  Might be able to tweak it yourself and bring down some of those temps. 

Now we need pics.  Use imgur to host the images and use the link above to insert images to your post. 

LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
Page: < 1234 > Showing page 3 of 4
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile