Help me build my new computer, what to buy, how to, lets make this happen! [UK]

Page: < 1234 > Showing page 2 of 4
Author
GTXJackBauer
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10323
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 48
Re: Help me build my new computer, what to buy, how to, lets make this happen! [UK] 2019/08/01 16:04:08 (permalink)
superclarkey
So I asked to cancel the 180-230 conversion plate, will buy 9x140mm fans.

Noctua NF-A14 industrial ip67 rating the best ones to go for?

EDIT: Ok, just bought some Noctua NF-A14, was advertised as PWM but after bought them noticed they where on 3pin... so very miss-leading advert. (So now await a refund)

Looking at NF-A14 industrial ip57, 2000vs3000rpm? Which is better to go for, 3000rpm?

About the same price, £23 vs £25.

I made a post originally telling you to change many things but edited instantly since I didn't want you to go changing your already purchased items but since you did on some, here's what I would have recommended.

Vlad is going over the top.  The EK G2 D5 pumps are fine.  I'm using a Revo Dual D5 G2 PWM pumps in serial.  They work great and are ridiculously quiet.  Much quieter than my MCP35X2 in serial (DDCs) but don't have the extra pressure than them but no biggie since the D5 G2s are so darn quiet even at 100%.  The DDC would be screaming at that point. lol 

Again, placement will be key here so you'll want to plan out where you want to install the pumps on the MORA before purchasing a pump and the type of pump.  You can hang the pumps on a 120mm fan location with the res installed on top.  Here's a link to the manual for better visuals and a pic on what I did below.

As you can see where the pump brackets are installed, is where a 120mm fan would be installed against my HD cages for added airflow and cooling.  The whole pump housing is build solid and rubber is used at strategic locations to dampen the sound.  It's darn silent imho.

I would note in case you're interested in the Aquearo 6 in the future, you need to make sure it's an EK D5 G2!.  G2 is 2nd gen or w/e that was modified to be within intel's PWM spec since the other D5 PWMs do not and therefore don't have control over them with the AQ6.  Remember, G2 will work with the controller or any other PWM DDC pump.  You just have to be selective when it comes to D5s.

As for the fans, Noctua's newest and best one currently is the NF-A12x25 PWM.  These are fairy new and released earlier this year iirc so they are improvements from their other best sellers.  Take a look at some reviews.  These things should work amazingly with the MORA 360 PRO (If you're able to change it to that rad.)

If you're stuck with the 140mm rad, I'd go with the NF-A14 PWM.  Again, read up about these before pulling the trigger to see if it's exactly what you'd like.
post edited by GTXJackBauer - 2019/08/01 16:19:09

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
superclarkey
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 218
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: Help me build my new computer, what to buy, how to, lets make this happen! [UK] 2019/08/01 16:32:27 (permalink)
The pump I linked too has the part number so must be the same new version so I will go for that.

Are you better to use the bios fan controller with splitters vs a standalone controller? (Just doing my research into this)

Regarding mounting, I’ll fabricate something no problem :-)
GTXJackBauer
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Help me build my new computer, what to buy, how to, lets make this happen! [UK] 2019/08/01 17:42:12 (permalink)
superclarkey
The pump I linked too has the part number so must be the same new version so I will go for that.

Are you better to use the bios fan controller with splitters vs a standalone controller? (Just doing my research into this)

Regarding mounting, I’ll fabricate something no problem :-)

Fan headers on the MB are usually rated for 1 Amp so yes, you could as long as you don't go pass that unless they say otherwise.

That dual pump comes with fan brackets included if you're going for that one exact.

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
superclarkey
Superclocked Member
Re: Help me build my new computer, what to buy, how to, lets make this happen! [UK] 2019/08/01 17:56:01 (permalink)
I’m presuming you could run more on a single header (say 9) if you have a splitter with its own power supply... so the header on the board is only controlling a low draw controller etc. I like the idea of the bios controlling this and not a program that could crash.

I’m still tempted to put on a single race fan as it will smoke al the tiny fans for static pressure lol, just need to make a controller to run it but thats the bodge way or doing I guess lol

My main concern is pump fails it can shut the computer down automatically, same with pressure loss to the system need a warning.

I was going to make a mounting platform on the side of the rad to hold everything, gives me an excuse to do some tig welding lol 😂

Feeling like this is a slow progress, just want to get hands on so I can start to order fittings.
GTXJackBauer
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Help me build my new computer, what to buy, how to, lets make this happen! [UK] 2019/08/01 21:38:15 (permalink)
superclarkey
I’m presuming you could run more on a single header (say 9) if you have a splitter with its own power supply... so the header on the board is only controlling a low draw controller etc. I like the idea of the bios controlling this and not a program that could crash.

I’m still tempted to put on a single race fan as it will smoke al the tiny fans for static pressure lol, just need to make a controller to run it but thats the bodge way or doing I guess lol

My main concern is pump fails it can shut the computer down automatically, same with pressure loss to the system need a warning.

I was going to make a mounting platform on the side of the rad to hold everything, gives me an excuse to do some tig welding lol 😂

Feeling like this is a slow progress, just want to get hands on so I can start to order fittings.

If you're using a self powered hub, sure you can add more just for the PWM signal off the header.  Just don't go too long distance otherwise the PWM signal will weaken and make sure the hubs are quality like the SPLITTY9 as well the HUBBY7 if you run out of USB headers on your MB both made by Aquacomputer.

Don't forget, the AQ6 is also a standalone controller, meaning you can run it w/out Windows or any software.  Some people could use it for their home theater for example.  It has on board memory to remember it's settings saved from either the software side or standalone display side.

Having two pumps will ensure one's always running if the other fails and with the AQ software, you could setup alarms for Windows shutdown but there's also another way but you'll have to read up the manual/guides as I forgot all about that but do remember it existed via jumping wires with the PSU to the controller for a shutdown trigger, etc.

LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
superclarkey
Superclocked Member
Re: Help me build my new computer, what to buy, how to, lets make this happen! [UK] 2019/08/03 08:57:16 (permalink)
GTXJackBauer
superclarkey

If you're using a self powered hub, sure you can add more just for the PWM signal off the header.  Just don't go too long distance otherwise the PWM signal will weaken and make sure the hubs are quality like the SPLITTY9 as well the HUBBY7 if you run out of USB headers on your MB both made by Aquacomputer.

Don't forget, the AQ6 is also a standalone controller, meaning you can run it w/out Windows or any software.  Some people could use it for their home theater for example.  It has on board memory to remember it's settings saved from either the software side or standalone display side.

Having two pumps will ensure one's always running if the other fails and with the AQ software, you could setup alarms for Windows shutdown but there's also another way but you'll have to read up the manual/guides as I forgot all about that but do remember it existed via jumping wires with the PSU to the controller for a shutdown trigger, etc.

Guessing the Acuacomputer is the best as everyone is surgesting it.

If I run that splitty9, can you still see the rpm? I pressure it will just see one on the set and not all? Also PWM will still work correctly right?

If the lt 6 is the best you can buy then I’ll go ahead and order it.

Can i set it to scale the fans from temp feeds on the water lines? As there is no point going of the cpu temp as its going to rocket regardless of overall temp of water, so wanted to set it so that when the water feed from pump to pc starts to climb then only then do the fans ramp up.

The Noctua NF-A14 PWM 2000rpm arrived today, 9 of them seems overkill :-)
superclarkey
Superclocked Member
Re: Help me build my new computer, what to buy, how to, lets make this happen! [UK] 2019/08/03 12:49:17 (permalink)
Following on from my last post, how many temp probes does the z390 dark have on the board that I can use within bios for fan/pump control? Looks like a good few..?

I’ve basically decided to go soft tubing throughout as I don’t like the look of any of the hard-tube fittings as they are reliant on orings being compressed to grip the tube... pass.. the soft tubes lock properly and I’m sure they would be very hard to physically pull out!!

So going to go for 16/10mm pipe (soft), so wish to use disconnects, so want to know which ones (regardless of price) offer the best flow (lowest) pressure drop.

My logic on using 10mm pipe is that that the G1/2 thread size normally is a 9-10mm id, so a larger pipe is pointless when this is the main restriction, however I don’t wish to cause more flow restrictions with quick disconnects.

Function over form any day of the week.
GTXJackBauer
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Help me build my new computer, what to buy, how to, lets make this happen! [UK] 2019/08/03 13:17:50 (permalink)
superclarkey

Guessing the Acuacomputer is the best as everyone is surgesting it.

If I run that splitty9, can you still see the rpm? I pressure it will just see one on the set and not all? Also PWM will still work correctly right?

If the lt 6 is the best you can buy then I’ll go ahead and order it.

Can i set it to scale the fans from temp feeds on the water lines? As there is no point going of the cpu temp as its going to rocket regardless of overall temp of water, so wanted to set it so that when the water feed from pump to pc starts to climb then only then do the fans ramp up.

The Noctua NF-A14 PWM 2000rpm arrived today, 9 of them seems overkill :-)

Yes, the SPLITTY9 will only send one RPM signal back to the source so you're not getting those inaccuracies caused by other hubs who aren't modified to only send one signal.  

That's exactly how I have mine set.  I use my water fluid's temps to change the speed of my fans.  Pumps are set static (90%/1.1 GPM).  Depending on the season I might tweak with it but you can always leave it and go based on that for a gradual change in RPMs and audibles versus going with chip temps which are erratic and noisy.

superclarkey
Following on from my last post, how many temp probes does the z390 dark have on the board that I can use within bios for fan/pump control? Looks like a good few..?

I’ve basically decided to go soft tubing throughout as I don’t like the look of any of the hard-tube fittings as they are reliant on orings being compressed to grip the tube... pass.. the soft tubes lock properly and I’m sure they would be very hard to physically pull out!!

So going to go for 16/10mm pipe (soft), so wish to use disconnects, so want to know which ones (regardless of price) offer the best flow (lowest) pressure drop.

My logic on using 10mm pipe is that that the G1/2 thread size normally is a 9-10mm id, so a larger pipe is pointless when this is the main restriction, however I don’t wish to cause more flow restrictions with quick disconnects.

Function over form any day of the week.

I can't answer that question on your MB since I don't currently own one myself.  What I can say is, I would assume the temps will be chip/MB based so anything based on those temps will be again, erratic.  You would need something that is slow as water temps or delta temps that the controller can do for those slow gradual changes.  Again up to you if you're good with the noise and fast pace changes.

Exactly why I went soft and compression fittings.  

As for QDC's, I've used Koolance.  I know maybe 1 or 2 more others are out there but Koolance has had theirs the longest while going through improvements over the years so I probably recommend them when it comes to QDCs.  

post edited by GTXJackBauer - 2019/08/03 13:20:24

LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
superclarkey
Superclocked Member
Re: Help me build my new computer, what to buy, how to, lets make this happen! [UK] 2019/08/03 13:43:50 (permalink)
Cool, again my logic seems solid as no one has said I’m being an idiot yet lol

was looking at the koolance gdc3’s they kook good, the bits-power ones look terrible, also are fixed and can’t retate, where the gdc3 are like a airline quick release where they can rotate freely so not to bind the tubing up.

Need to find out if I can yse gdc3 on the heatkiller or not (directly mounted)

Will just fit disconnects to everything lol
bcavnaugh
The Crunchinator
  • Total Posts : 38977
  • Ribbons : 282
Re: Help me build my new computer, what to buy, how to, lets make this happen! [UK] 2019/08/03 14:00:13 (permalink)
QD3 Series ?
If so sometimes they sometimes do not close so you must make sure you can place a Towel under them when connect and disconnecting them.
So you need this on the CPU Block
 $12.24 Fitting Single, *Black* Swiveling 90-Degree, G 1/4 BSPP   Part No.  ADT-DXG90-BK
+
 $10.99  QD3 Male Quick Disconnect No-Spill Coupling, Male Threaded G 1/4 BSPP *Black* 

This will allow you to place a Towel under them. 1/2 ID
$14.24 QD3 Female Quick Disconnect No-Spill Coupling, Compression for 13mm x 19mm (1/2in x 3/4in) *Black*
$3.89 Tubing, PVC Clear, Dia: 13mm x 19mm (1/2in x 3/4in), Ea: 305mm (1ft)   Part No.  HOS-13X19CL
 Intended Tubing Size

ID: 13mm (1/2")
OD: 19mm (3/4")
Wall: 3mm (1/8")

You can also go smaller with 3/8 ID
$13.74 QD3 Female Quick Disconnect No-Spill Coupling, Compression for 10mm x 16mm (3/8in x 5/8in) *Black*   Part No.  QD3-FS10X16-BK
Intended Tubing Size

ID: 10mm (3/8")
OD: 16mm (5/8")
Wall: 3mm (1/8")
$2.99 Tubing, PVC Clear, Dia: 10mm x 16mm (3/8in x 5/8in), Ea: 305mm (1ft)   Part No.  HOS-10X16CL
I do use their CPU Block.
$89.99 CPU-400I Water Block (Intel Processor)   Part No.  CPU-400I

post edited by bcavnaugh - 2019/08/03 14:26:49

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

superclarkey
Superclocked Member
Re: Help me build my new computer, what to buy, how to, lets make this happen! [UK] 2019/08/03 14:53:56 (permalink)
I’ve already ordered the cpu waterblock, its a heatkiller iv.

My plan was to use 16/10, I was going to hopefully put the male side directly on the block it space between fittings allowed. (Won’t know until its in my hand if they will need adaptors)

As for leaking, I would still drain the system from the back of the computer first, so it was empty before quick releasing off the cpu block or gpu, thats just common sense.

The motorsport quick release I use for fuel systems and oil coolers are £100 per side so £200 for a pair, and are rated at 200bar, also a work of art lol . so I have not expectations they are not that good! 😂

You would also break the motherboard trying to get them to latch! 😂

My logic is that anything that is fixed (cpu block, gpu block, back of case) should be male fittings, and anything on a tail (remove-able lead)that can be handled should be a female end... my logic on this is that male end can have the tip damaged easily if swung about too vigorously, which would lead to malfunction, whereas the female part can take allot more abuse from a good banging, and will still function correctly afterwards.

🤣
superclarkey
Superclocked Member
Re: Help me build my new computer, what to buy, how to, lets make this happen! [UK] 2019/08/03 16:30:22 (permalink)
Second thoughts be nice to have quick release but two issues, number one for all the fittings its £400 odd which is silly, and as I thought they are fairly restrictive... two pairs no problem, 10pairs erm, taking the piss lol

So might just use straight fittings for everything in the pc and just quick releases on the back of the pc to make it easier to connect etc

If it wasn’t for the restrictions I would have most likely for them regardless of cost, maybe overkill for now...
GTXJackBauer
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Help me build my new computer, what to buy, how to, lets make this happen! [UK] 2019/08/03 22:44:26 (permalink)
Don't overthink the restrictions as you'll be fine with a quality premium pump(s).

As for the QDCs,  I wouldn't put them on blocks as I feel a compression fitting should be put there with some tubing and set and forget.  Don't want to damage the threads or put too much pressure when you need to disconnect them or leakage near the important components. 

Out of 4 sets of QDCs, I think 1 or 2 out of 4 started to eventually leak or drip too much for my liking.  They all drip a little even though they say it's 'no-spill' or w/e when disconnecting.

I think you should do something like this and not to mention, you could use them as a drainage, if they are low enough in the loop so you don't need to add a additional drainage valve for that.  

Or something like this...

or fabricate your bottom PSU cover to hold a pair of QDC stationary on the back side of your case.  I've seen those back in the day but can't find any examples at the moment.

LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
superclarkey
Superclocked Member
Re: Help me build my new computer, what to buy, how to, lets make this happen! [UK] 2019/08/07 09:27:21 (permalink)
What is the best Thermal Paste to purchase for what I'm doing? 

Update on the Z390 Dark Motherboard, that is going to be another 2 weeks according to the supplier... So I'm a bit stuck on what I can do, so might as well get on ordering the other bits..  Its a bit depressing when you just want to get on with it and you can't! but I guess that's the nature of these types of things.

Is there anything else I'm overlooking that I need to buy that I can get on with purchasing etc.

Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 30983
  • Ribbons : 122
Re: Help me build my new computer, what to buy, how to, lets make this happen! [UK] 2019/08/07 09:45:48 (permalink)
I like MX-4

Works good, easy to apply, lasts for years & inexpensive

there are some more expensive products out there & if your after benchmark records might be worth the extra money

I doubt you will get more than 1 C or 2 C cooler - Easier to just make the room cooler, turn your fan RPM up or install bigger capacity radiators in the first place

There are liquid metal products, they can/ might damage your hardware & should not be used by the inexperienced or anyone who like to keep their warranty

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

superclarkey
Superclocked Member
Re: Help me build my new computer, what to buy, how to, lets make this happen! [UK] 2019/08/07 10:41:32 (permalink)
I'm confident with stuff like this,  but what I don't want to do is use a risky product if there is little gain... I mean I'm not going direct die yet or anything, I want to see if its needs to be done first before just doing it.

I presume that this MX4 is non-conductive also? 
Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re: Help me build my new computer, what to buy, how to, lets make this happen! [UK] 2019/08/07 11:04:07 (permalink)
superclarkey
I'm confident with stuff like this,  but what I don't want to do is use a risky product if there is little gain... I mean I'm not going direct die yet or anything, I want to see if its needs to be done first before just doing it.

I presume that this MX4 is non-conductive also? 

Correct & non-capacitive

MX-4

Thermal Conductivity  8.5 W/(mK)

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

aka_STEVE_b
EGC Admin
  • Total Posts : 17692
  • Ribbons : 69
Re: Help me build my new computer, what to buy, how to, lets make this happen! [UK] 2019/08/07 11:40:20 (permalink)
MX-4 seems to be a great balance between working well & easy to use/ work with .

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X  12-core cpu~ ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero ~ EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3~ G.SKILL Trident Z NEO 32GB DDR4-3600 ~ Phanteks Eclipse P400s red case ~ EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G+ PSU ~ Intel 660p M.2 drive~ Crucial MX300 275 GB SSD ~WD 2TB SSD ~CORSAIR H115i RGB Pro XT 280mm cooler ~ CORSAIR Dark Core RGB Pro mouse ~ CORSAIR K68 Mech keyboard ~ HGST 4TB Hd.~ AOC AGON 32" monitor 1440p @ 144Hz ~ Win 10 x64
superclarkey
Superclocked Member
Re: Help me build my new computer, what to buy, how to, lets make this happen! [UK] 2019/08/07 16:39:12 (permalink)
Went with Noctua NT-H2 3.5g as a friend of mine said he had good results with his, he did say mx4 is easier for noob :-) so went straight in at the semi-pro end 😂

Saw Linus Tech Tips just made a video about the LG 38GL950 monitor, hope it comes out before I have to pull the trigger on a monitor lol

The order from Watercool.de 🇩🇪 arrived today, so my massive rad is now here, might have to put those 140mm fans on tomorrow :-) (at least I’ll have something todo to pass the time!)
GTXJackBauer
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Help me build my new computer, what to buy, how to, lets make this happen! [UK] 2019/08/07 17:58:23 (permalink)
I use MX-4 for years.  About the 3+ year mark you'll always want to change up the TIM cause it will start to dry up.

Now I'm trying Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut but have mixed feelings.  I used the spread method versus the drop of rice that I do with MX-4 and the CPU temps are similar as before but the core temps between each other are closer which I like.  The GPU on the other hand is a different story.  I got a RMA'd GPU with slight lower voltage and my GPU temps are 4c higher than my previous GPU.  I will have to reseat the GPU and WB with a redo of Grizzly but will wait to do that since I don't feel like draining and wasting fluid I had just recently poured in. 

Out of 20+ years, I've never had issues with applying TIM.  I'm curious to see if that will change with a reseat and might have to go the distilled route just so I don't waste fluid so I can see if i need to reseat again before I use my main fluid.

LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
superclarkey
Superclocked Member
Re: Help me build my new computer, what to buy, how to, lets make this happen! [UK] 2019/08/08 05:11:41 (permalink)
I hear what your saying, and I'm sure MX4 is sound solution, but the other side of the coin new stuff comes out and people are unwilling to try/swap to it because they are already happy with what they have and trust... So the reviews are always bias, so I can only go off tests results where people (seem to anyways) be unbiased towards the results, as they have tried all and come to that conclusion. I'm sure in reality you can't go far wrong with any of them, just some might have the edge. 

So I thought today would be the day I could post some images of progress, however the Mo-Ra3 rad has arrived and its bent like a banana :( so its going to need to be replaced, so that's another 7+ days to wait.  

Can't believe how long this has taken to build even though I have the money, just can't get bits here faster.. madness.
GTXJackBauer
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Help me build my new computer, what to buy, how to, lets make this happen! [UK] 2019/08/08 12:35:34 (permalink)
superclarkey

I hear what your saying, and I'm sure MX4 is sound solution, but the other side of the coin new stuff comes out and people are unwilling to try/swap to it because they are already happy with what they have and trust... So the reviews are always bias, so I can only go off tests results where people (seem to anyways) be unbiased towards the results, as they have tried all and come to that conclusion. I'm sure in reality you can't go far wrong with any of them, just some might have the edge. 

So I thought today would be the day I could post some images of progress, however the Mo-Ra3 rad has arrived and its bent like a banana :( so its going to need to be replaced, so that's another 7+ days to wait.  

Can't believe how long this has taken to build even though I have the money, just can't get bits here faster.. madness.

That's truly unfortunate and glad who's ever taking care of this will properly fix the issue.  

You're right when it comes to TIM.  The difference in temps aren't usually massive between TIMs except if they are older or bad designed.  Most top TIMs all perform similarly within the margin of error.  Some are easier to spread and or clean, etc.  To each their own at the end of the day.

LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
superclarkey
Superclocked Member
Re: Help me build my new computer, what to buy, how to, lets make this happen! [UK] 2019/08/09 05:57:02 (permalink)
Update: 
The plot thickens on the MO-RA3 cooler, on closer inspection it would seem this isn't any damage that's been caused in transit as the boxes it came in are in perfect condition, however the core is bent, this looks to me like a manufacture defect and not transit damage etc, spoke with them directly and they basically unwilling to pay for shipping back, the have told me to RMA the brand new item that is defective and at a cost over £45-50 min, if I decide not to insure it! They said they would need to test it, then decide if they will replace it or not.

The other issue was the water tank didn't come with a heatkiller logo on it, which won't cause an issue in running but where is there Quality Control at?!

I'm going to have to speak to my credit card company now and talk about Chargeback under section 75 to see if I can get my money back..

Item was basically £200... cost 1/4 of the price to return it because their QC didn't pick up this issue, unreasonable and unfair.

Maybe the reason they are unwilling to replace it is because its a common issue and they know I won't get one any better.. who knows.

I can't believe how much trouble this PC is causing me to build lol... 
superclarkey
Superclocked Member
Re: Help me build my new computer, what to buy, how to, lets make this happen! [UK] 2019/08/09 08:24:39 (permalink)
Update 2: 

Scan have come back to me today, finally have the boards in stock, I've decided to order 2 boards as I don't want the risk of one arriving DOA and not being able to buy a second one... I will just sell the second board if I don't use it, or keep it as a spare.  

So fingers crossed next week I will have 2 boards :D 
GTXJackBauer
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Help me build my new computer, what to buy, how to, lets make this happen! [UK] 2019/08/09 12:45:02 (permalink)

Keep us up to speed and show us pics if possible.

LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
superclarkey
Superclocked Member
Re: Help me build my new computer, what to buy, how to, lets make this happen! [UK] 2019/08/10 14:53:25 (permalink)
So got to order some fittings, bitspower too hard to get here, so going to go for ALPHACOOL EISZAPFEN 16/10MM DEEP BLACK, can get 6 compression fittings for £35.

Just build the system up a bit scrappy to start with then will neaten it up as and when I’m happy its all working right.

Also ordered 15meters of 16/10mm EPDM matt black tubing from EK.

Question, best water to use? Distilled or some pre-mix? What additives do I need to buy?
Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re: Help me build my new computer, what to buy, how to, lets make this happen! [UK] 2019/08/11 08:42:15 (permalink)
simplest would be buy "Clear" pre-mix

The fancy coolants can stain your hardware or clog your water blocks - sometimes

I've been using PrimoChill Liquid Utopia - 15ml Bottle ---> with Distilled water

After --> PrimoChill SysPrep - Cooling Loop Pre-Treatment

It has come with my PrimoChill tubing, in the past.  My thought was - No finger pointing if there was an issue between the hose & "chemicals used"

-------------------------------------------------

from EK ---> Good to look over

https://www.ekwb.com/guides/
https://www.ekwb.com/blog...bial-algae-protection/

https://www.ekwb.com/blog/aluminium-vs-copper/

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ready to try water cooling. Where to start? Library of links-basics to expert

If you never read any of the other Links ----> Read these 2

LINK8-A
http://www.overclockers.com/pc-water-coolant-chemistry-part-i/

LINK8-B
http://www.overclockers.com/pc-water-coolant-chemistry-part-ii/

GTXJackBauer
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Help me build my new computer, what to buy, how to, lets make this happen! [UK] 2019/08/11 10:44:32 (permalink)
I enjoy using Aquacomputer's DP Ultra.  I had ordered two of these bad boys.  Should last a while unless you're draining and refilling a lot like I have the last few years.  lol  What I would suggest if you're into the testing phase, just use distilled for testing things out and cleaning the gear preinstallation like the rads and blocks, etc. but don't let it sit or it could create issues to the loop without protections.  Once you're set, use the premix fluid.

LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
superclarkey
Superclocked Member
Re: Help me build my new computer, what to buy, how to, lets make this happen! [UK] 2019/08/11 11:03:48 (permalink)
Ordered 10ltrs of this, just so I have spare if I have a leak..

https://www.overclockers....nt-5ltr-wc-099-mh.html

Guessing whole system will not even take a few ltrs, but if it pops a pipe and I loose it all I would sooner have some in stock then not!
superclarkey
Superclocked Member
Re: Help me build my new computer, what to buy, how to, lets make this happen! [UK] 2019/08/11 11:06:08 (permalink)
GTXJackBauer
I enjoy using Aquacomputer's DP Ultra.  I had ordered two of these bad boys.  Should last a while unless you're draining and refilling a lot like I have the last few years.  lol  What I would suggest if you're into the testing phase, just use distilled for testing things out and cleaning the gear preinstallation like the rads and blocks, etc. but don't let it sit or it could create issues to the loop without protections.  Once you're set, use the premix fluid.

I’ve already got pure distilled water as what we use in the race cars coolant systems so I have a 208ltr drum of the stuff 😂

And yes I thought about putting two fittings on the bottom and running the drum as a massive passivie cooler haha
Page: < 1234 > Showing page 2 of 4
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile