EVGA

Has anyone else had problems with EVGA psu RMAs?

Author
steelsoldat
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2018/06/02 13:28:50 (permalink)
A while back I RMA'd a 1000w psu because it blew up my dual xeon e5 2670 system, luckily only the motherboard was killed in that failure. I sent it in to EVGA, and they claimed that the psu was in working condition. While I've been afraid to use the cpu cables on the psu that they sent back to me after the rma, I've tested it in another (cheaper) system, and it can't hold a 500w draw without tripping after ~20 or so hours of load!

Anyone else had problems like this, where support simlpy hasn't helped them and has ignored issues that you've had?

4 Replies Related Threads

Tech_JoseC
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 383
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: Has anyone else had problems with EVGA psu RMAs? 2018/06/02 14:28:28 (permalink)
    Hello steelsodat and welcome to the forums! 

I checked your products and it looks like you sent in your power supply for a RMA back in early 2017 and the power supply did pass our internal testing. It's hard to say if the power supply did any sort of damage to your motherboard, as testing on the motherboard and power supply would need to be done by our QA team.

I looked up your email and I could not find any correspondence between you and our techs, notes were left behind but because it appears you may have only called in. Please ensure that you are not mixing cables as it appears that you have some Corsair power supplies and you were unsure on whether or not you did that or not. That would definitely cause damage to your components. If you are unsure about the current EVGA cables that you have, we can explore your options, please send us an email to support@evga.com stating your concerns and our customer support team will work with you from there. 

-Jose C.
    steelsoldat
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re: Has anyone else had problems with EVGA psu RMAs? 2018/06/02 14:45:59 (permalink)
    I am sure that I used the correct cables, as the corsair cables are clearly labeled, and each corsair psu I own is semi moduler at most (and the system used no graphics cards). After switching from EVGA psus to cougar and corsair psus I've had no problems with power supplies, but have multiple issues with 1000w EVGA psus.

Heck, I can't even add the other psu which is giving me issues to my account, it says the s/n doesnt match the p/n although I'm holding it in my hand, and have retyping it 3 or 4 times now. I'm worried that once I finally get that worked out with you guys I'll pay to ship back my psu only to have it marked as working, and get back another failing psu.
    Tech_JoseC
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 383
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: Has anyone else had problems with EVGA psu RMAs? 2018/06/02 15:46:57 (permalink)
    Hello,
    As for your replacement, if it is indeed tripping after 20 hours or so under load. It is hard to say if it will be the power supply, there has to be another variable but if you want to send it in for a replacement you are more than welcome to. I am going to send you an email personally so that we can work something out. However, our QA department would not mark anything as working if the product was defective, so our QA department found that your previous power supply was working perfectly fine.

Look forward to my email within the next couple of minutes, with some options in regards what can be done to resolve this issue but I can assure you that we are here to help. 

-Jose C.
    ATCUSN
    • Total Posts : 21
    Re: Has anyone else had problems with EVGA psu RMAs? 2018/06/20 06:50:41 (permalink)
    Bought 13 Supernova 0750 G3 PSUs in March so far 4 have failed.
    Two of the defective PSUs sent an overvoltage into 5 volt rail and destroyed two motherboards and three HDDs.  
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile