EVGA

Has Amazon shipped your pre-ordered EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti XC GAMING, 11G-P4-2382-KR ?

Author
Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 30975
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 122
2018/10/02 08:33:19 (permalink)
Has Amazon shipped your pre-ordered EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti XC GAMING, 11G-P4-2382-KR ?

I ordered on 20 August (day 1) within the first 1/2 hour of cards being posted for pre-order on Amazon.  Grabbed one card (Ultra) direct from EVGA, then went directly to Amazon for the second pre-order.

My delivery estimate still says 12 October ...... 

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

11 Replies Related Threads

Ti-1000
    • Total Posts : 48
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Has Amazon shipped your pre-ordered EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti XC GAMING, 11G-P4-2382-KR 2018/10/02 08:43:12 (permalink)
    Yes. Ordered on announcement day. Original delivery 9/21, delayed to 10/6, then updated to 10/5 and today shipped and arriving tomorrow as I had the 1 day shipping.

Current build: DCS4VR (Custom Loop)
    7700k + Cuplex KRYOS Vision block @ 5Ghz
    EVGA 1080Ti FE + EK block/backplate
    Maximus IX Code
    16GB Corsair Vengeance LED DDR43000
    500GB Samsung 960 EVO m.2
    Dell U3415W
    VIVE Pro
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: Has Amazon shipped your pre-ordered EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti XC GAMING, 11G-P4-2382-KR 2018/10/03 11:28:21 (permalink)
    My order was supposed to be upgraded to 1-day shipping, based on my first contact (chat) with Amazon... no idea as my order page never changed.

Followup contact (by phone) with Amazon ..... nothing shows as in inventory .. so the CS rep could not change the shipping from 2-day to 1-day; however the chat does show the conversation.  Was told, I need to keep a watch on the item & contact CS to make sure shipping is upgraded ? (wow)

Still shows 12 October on my order page @ 14:20 EST today for my launch day order

Not a "Prime" experience; I do not feel like a valued customer, with this lack of quality communications

Time to cancel "Amazon Prime" after this experience, soon as I get my card & before my renewal at end of October ....

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: Has Amazon shipped your pre-ordered EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti XC GAMING, 11G-P4-2382-KR 2018/10/10 09:47:56 (permalink)
    Amazon appears to have Failed to ship product -- in the Order that the product was purchased -- No FIFO (first in = first out)

Amazon Finally shipped my EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti XC GAMING  - (over 2 weeks late, almost 3 weeks by the time it arrives )

Ordered early on launch day (20 Aug) was promised 24 September delivery date

Shipped by Amazon from Kansas City - 09 October

Kansas City,  KS,  United States  10/09/2018  12:29 P.M.  Origin Scan

Time to Cancel Amazon Prime:

-   Poor Communications / No communications - until After something happened ? - on a +$1100 product, that is inexcusable

-  Amazon appears to have Failed to ship product -- in the Order that the product was purchased -- No FIFO
    (first in = first out)

Failure to ship 1-Day as Promised - Night before it was to arrive 24 Sept, it had not shipped; so I contacted Amazon & asked what is happening

- Amazon waited to get it to a distribution center - in Kansas City ??? - before they gave it to UPS ?

That was Not a "Prime Experience"

bcavnaugh
    The Crunchinator
    • Total Posts : 38977
    • Ribbons : 282
    Re: Has Amazon shipped your pre-ordered EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti XC GAMING, 11G-P4-2382-KR 2018/10/10 10:09:28 (permalink)
    I could not live without my Prime. But glad your card is on the way now.

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: Has Amazon shipped your pre-ordered EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti XC GAMING, 11G-P4-2382-KR 2018/10/10 10:20:59 (permalink)
    Amazon will become my last place to purchase anything in the future - instead of one of the first; after this poor CS experience.

After all the time wasted making 5 contacts: with chat & on the phone with Amazon CS asking for information updates

- Amazon still failed to update status or ship 1-Day as CS had promised in chat

The lack of FIFO on a +$1,100 item, that is in High demand @ Launch is inexcusable

Trucking it to Kansas before giving it to UPS ??          

Why in the world would they do that,

I was promised it would be ship 1-Day, as Soon as Amazon received card according to CS ? 

toncij
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 213
    Re: Has Amazon shipped your pre-ordered EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti XC GAMING, 11G-P4-2382-KR 2018/10/11 04:55:51 (permalink)
    You won't get better support than Amazon anywhere. First: they don't even charge you until they ship it. That's worth a lot too. It's not Amazon's failure to shop, but nVidia->AIB 's failure to ship to Amazon.
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: Has Amazon shipped your pre-ordered EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti XC GAMING, 11G-P4-2382-KR 2018/10/11 10:04:25 (permalink)
    toncij
    You won't get better support than Amazon anywhere. First: they don't even charge you until they ship it. That's worth a lot too. It's not Amazon's failure to shop, but nVidia->AIB 's failure to ship to Amazon.

If Amazon had followed a FIFO (first order In = First order Out = shipped) - then I would be more understanding

1) Several post (on Many different forums) show that Amazon did Not ship in the order the purchase was made

2) Amazon trucked the "in High Demand - Launch item" half way across the country - before using UPS ? (what was to be 1-Day service)

3) Amazon CS failed to upgrade my shipping to 1-Day as promised in my first chat; when it was obvious they were going to miss the 24 September date.  My account still showed the card would arrive ---> But HAD NOT Shipped ???

One would think, that a $1,150 item would get better tracking when the customer reaches out to CS on many occasions (5 times)

What it shows is Amazon's total indifference to the customer & a total lack of fairness (NO FIFO)

CS @ Amazon - could only say: "we do not see the inventory yet"  & "we cannot upgrade to 1-Day shipping until we see the inventory"

The whole time Amazon was shipping the cards to other people, (who admit to ordering after 20 August) ---> CS could not see the inventory ?

toncij
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Has Amazon shipped your pre-ordered EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti XC GAMING, 11G-P4-2382-KR 2018/10/11 10:35:54 (permalink)
    Others ordered after you and got it before you, from the same warehouse and at the same destination as you?
    Well, you're pissed because you think Amazon shipped to others before you, but still, that doesn't change several facts about it: Amazon has many warehouses and different availability per each. Still, not charging up front and having great support (in 99% of cases I guess) makes them the best shop out there.
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: Has Amazon shipped your pre-ordered EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti XC GAMING, 11G-P4-2382-KR 2018/10/11 12:21:26 (permalink)
    toncij
    Others ordered after you and got it before you, from the same warehouse and at the same destination as you?
    Well, you're pissed because you think Amazon shipped to others before you, but still, that doesn't change several facts about it: Amazon has many warehouses and different availability per each. Still, not charging up front and having great support (in 99% of cases I guess) makes them the best shop out there.

@toncij,  What are you going On About ??    -- warehouse part of country ???

I know when Amazon charges for a pre-order  ---> It irrelevant to the broken promises

FACTS:

1)  Amazon set the price - I agreed to pay it

2)  Amazon Promised 1-Day shipping - As Soon As they got the card - they failed to follow through

3)  Amazon failed to update the progress of an expensive item - after I initiated 5 contacts with CS

4)  Amazon wasted my time, showing False delivery information, failing to follow up - on the agreed upon remedy
                     ---> 1-Day shipping As Soon As inventory was received

FYI - EVGA announced when inventory was released to Amazon - On Twitter JacobF - Global Product Management Director at EVGA

So with 15 years of shopping History --> Amazon has showed a total failure to: Value my time or Value me as a customer

I'll Vote with my wallet & not pay $120/yr for this kind of experience

11 days after EVGA announces All pre-order filled - Amazon finally ships my card from Kansas ? 

The inventory originated on the West Coast

Attached Image(s)

toncij
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Has Amazon shipped your pre-ordered EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti XC GAMING, 11G-P4-2382-KR 2018/10/11 13:13:40 (permalink)
    I don't know why, but you're quite agitated. You're too emotional about a piece of hardware for leisure. 

I just stated that Amazon still has one of the best customer services out there from my experience and objectively. At least in Europe, not only they don't charge anything up front, but you can return broken things, they cover shipping, preorder guarantees price even if the release price gets high (you get the lowest if it drops), they're available instantly on chat or phone...

The whole time you keep claiming the delay to be Amazon's failure to honor you as a customer. Whatever Jacob wrote here about filling Amazon orders has nothing to do with actual stock and logistics of anyone, Amazon included. First, we don't know if that was correct, neither Jacob or EVGA know either. He also claimed FTW3 to start shipping yesterday or the day before and that didn't happen. They've claimed many things so far, but the truth is - they don't really know and can't guarantee anything. It's probably not something they can control.
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: Has Amazon shipped your pre-ordered EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti XC GAMING, 11G-P4-2382-KR 2018/10/11 15:39:52 (permalink)
    UPS just did the delivery

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile