EVGA

Hardware review samples sent from retail?

Author
MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 14685
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 38
2017/10/09 06:48:42 (permalink)
What do you think about hardware companies using retailers to send out review samples. I hear SeaSonic started doing that earlier this year.  How many other hardware mfg do that?

7 Replies Related Threads

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: Hardware review samples sent from retail? 2017/10/09 06:53:47 (permalink)
    I think it is a great idea. I feel like it would provide comfort and clarity to the reviewers and end users.

Iknow some manufacturers have been shown to send better samples out to build hype, but I honestly don’t think it happens as often as we think.
    fearpoint
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3184
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: Hardware review samples sent from retail? 2017/10/09 11:10:13 (permalink)
    One of the reasons I stopped caring about professional reviews of consumer goods is because of them being beholden to the companies supplying the products. In gaming it's been shown and it's very well known bad reviews will result in retaliation and you better believe it's not only from vidya land where this happens.

quadlatte
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 7191
    • Ribbons : 56
    Re: Hardware review samples sent from retail? 2017/10/10 12:13:01 (permalink)
    the_Scarlet_one
    I think it is a great idea. I feel like it would provide comfort and clarity to the reviewers and end users.

Iknow some manufacturers have been shown to send better samples out to build hype, but I honestly don’t think it happens as often as we think.

come on, you will hurt the tin foil hat crowds feelings saying that 

Heatware: http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=72498
    rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102262
    • Ribbons : 84
    Re: Hardware review samples sent from retail? 2017/10/10 12:17:24 (permalink)
    Review samples are normally only sent to reviewers. The reviewers can be professionals or bloggers.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

MSim
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: Hardware review samples sent from retail? 2017/10/10 15:03:35 (permalink)
    quadlatte
    the_Scarlet_one

You never heard of mfg's or retailers doing a bait and switch on consumers?

quadlatte
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 7191
    • Ribbons : 56
    Re: Hardware review samples sent from retail? 2017/10/10 20:54:52 (permalink)
    MSim
    quadlatte
    the_Scarlet_one

im sure some do, but by in large i dont think all of them do as some would have you believe 

Heatware: http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=72498
    MSim
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: Hardware review samples sent from retail? 2017/10/11 02:15:45 (permalink)
    quadlatte
    MSim
    quadlatte
    the_Scarlet_one

im sure some do, but by in large i dont think all of them do as some would have you believe 

I haven't seen anyone claim all mfg send golden samples to reviewers. It would be better for consumers, if mfg would use retailers to handle sending out review samples. 

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile