Halo: Infinite will fix its overpriced in-game store

Author
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102262
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 84
2022/01/16 03:01:39 (permalink)
https://www.kitguru.net/desktop-pc/mustafa-mahmoud/halo-infinite-will-fix-its-overpriced-in-game-store/

Halo: Infinite has been applauded for many things, from its gameplay, to level design and the balance that it managed to achieve in giving fans a throwback to the original Halo: Combat Evolved while also evolving the franchise in its own way. One of the biggest steps taken was with the multiplayer mode going free-to-play. As part of this, there are now more Halo fans than ever before. However, to subsidise the free-to-play nature, 343i implemented an in-game storefront.

This storefront has seen some controversy due to its price, structure and value for money – or lack thereof. Addressing this issue, the head of design at 343 Industries, Jerry Hook, took to Twitter to announce that “We’ve been monitoring the discussions on the Shop, bundles, and pricing closely since launch. Using data and community feedback, we’re going to begin rolling out changes to how we package and price items in @Halo Infinite – and it all starts next week.”

He continued, “Starting Tuesday, the Shop experience will vary week-to-week. We are focused on reducing pricing across the board, providing stronger values in our bundles, starting to put individual items outside of bundles, and more.” Hook concluded by saying “We will be trying new things throughout the rest of the season so that we can continue to learn and improve for the future. Please keep the feedback coming during this process and I hope to see you all next week for the Cyber Showdown event!”

While it’s encouraging to see the developers listening to fan feedback and taking their opinions into account, it does lend to the idea that Halo: Infinite was still not ready for launch despite already having been delayed by a year. Then again, this is 343 Industries’ first foray into the free-to-play market and so it is understandable that they might not nail it first time round. As such, it is good to hear that they are listening to fans at least.

Hopefully gamers will benefit from proper pricing levels. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

1 Reply Related Threads

Nozler
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2043
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Halo: Infinite will fix its overpriced in-game store 2022/01/18 15:08:42 (permalink)
    The elbow move is my favorite
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile