Halo 3 will release on PC this month

Author
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102262
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 84
2020/07/07 06:58:34 (permalink)
https://www.kitguru.net/gaming/matthew-wilson/halo-3-will-release-on-pc-this-month/

Halo 3 first released on Xbox 360 back in 2007 and was a turning point for the franchise, as it would be the first game to not come to PC. Fortunately, Microsoft had a change of heart last year, vowing to bring the full Master Chief Collection to PC. So far, we’ve had Halo Reach, Halo: Combat Evolved and Halo 2. On July 14th, Halo 3 joins the list.

Halo 3: ODST and Halo 4 are the remaining games waiting to come to PC. We know that progress is already being made on ODST, so we will hopefully soon get updates on Halo 4 as well.

Later this month, the Xbox Games Showcase will also be taking place, during which we will be getting a good look at Halo Infinite ahead of its release in late 2020.

Personally I think all games should release on all platforms. After all its about making money for your gaming business.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

2 Replies Related Threads

way2faded
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3077
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: Halo 3 will release on PC this month 2020/07/09 22:25:27 (permalink)
    I still need to pickup Halo: CE, and Halo 2 first. Still have original game box and discs for Halo PC. Just wish they were all in 1 game. Instead of entering the launcher then having to go into each individual installment. Spreads the playerbase thin, and you have to check each game to see where the players are at for MP.

Should have done like Battlefield 2, circa 2005 and others where you add expansions and everything is still just seen from the same browser.

Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10101
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Halo 3 will release on PC this month 2020/07/10 02:43:28 (permalink)
    It's great to see all of these games getting a PC release.

Microsoft has been great at releasing all the Xbox games they make also on the PC. As for Sony we are starting to see it with Horizon Zero Dawn which was a major exclusive that they are bringing to the PC. If that works out for them we could see a next generation in which cost of development makes 'console exclusives' hurt the consoles but help make the PC the best option as we get everything while console gamers have to consider owning two consoles if they want to play everything. Well I guess Nintendo is another console but they would never port anything to any other system so that becomes a moot point.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile