EVGA

HDMI Out Sound Card

Author
Mythos
  • Total Posts : 53
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 1
2020/02/15 21:44:53 (permalink)
Why don't you guys make a sound card with hdmi out? It can support lossless audio, which digital optical cables can not for 5.1 and 7.1 setups. You would corner the market since no one else is doing it. I realize that market is a bit niche, but still, adding an hdmi out to your current line of sound cards can't be THAT expensive. Currently I use the hdmi out on my video card into a receiver (amp) for 5.1. But it lacks all the goodies and equalizer other sound cards offer.

2 Replies Related Threads

Karimento
    • Total Posts : 24
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: HDMI Out Sound Card 2020/02/16 03:42:31 (permalink)
    Or HDMI throughput? Auzentech Home Theater HD was a sound card like that. The company that did those went down few years ago.
    Added sound to video hdmi and it worked and was decent sound card of the time. I'm not sure but i think there are other cards like that as well.

Also new here and loving my Nu Audio 5.1 and that excellent sound quality.
    Mythos
    • Total Posts : 53
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: HDMI Out Sound Card 2020/02/16 11:01:52 (permalink)
    Karimento
    Or HDMI throughput? Auzentech Home Theater HD was a sound card like that. The company that did those went down few years ago.
    Added sound to video hdmi and it worked and was decent sound card of the time. I'm not sure but i think there are other cards like that as well.

Also new here and loving my Nu Audio 5.1 and that excellent sound quality.

Yeah, unfortunately those cards are not available anymore and no one else makes anything like that. I checked. I mean you could still have all the normal connectors on the card, just add an hdmi out option for those of us who use receivers.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile