EVGA

Hot![FAQ][Guide] How to force max voltage & curve overclock with msi afterburner

Page: < 12345 Showing page 5 of 5
Author
Renegade5399
  • Total Posts : 13
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: [Guide] How to force max voltage & curve overclock with msi afterburner 2019/03/07 07:38:42 (permalink)
Cool GTX
Renegade5399
www. youtube. com/watch?time_continue=3&v=NvW_F7fb4bU

Link in the description. He requested folks link his video and not the download directly. I also think it's not on TPU in the Unverified section. 1000W PL. 1.093V hard limit is still there however.

Just download MSI Afterburner directly from MSI 

https://us.msi.com/page/afterburner

no need to link a video

newest version released today

I think he was asking where to get the XOC BIOS.
MadmanRB
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 122
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: [Guide] How to force max voltage & curve overclock with msi afterburner 2019/03/14 13:06:59 (permalink)
Say anyone got a good guide on overclocking my EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra Silent card with MSI afterburner?
I have actually tried overclocking the card with EVGA Precision XOC and while it seems to take quite well I think it may be limiting my potential with this card.
A card like this is meant to be overclocked after all, I like to see if i can take my card even farther (this is more for fun as i think i got things pretty good but am curious).
The initial guide is for a GTX 1080Ti and qwhile i am sure i can use most of the settings in the guide something more dialed for my card would be appreciated.
Its the voltages I would be more concerned about than anything, while sure getting the max voltage information is easy I do like some recommendation of the optimal voltage of my card without killing it.
post edited by MadmanRB - 2019/03/14 13:11:59

Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 35446
  • Ribbons : 191
Re: [Guide] How to force max voltage & curve overclock with msi afterburner 2019/03/14 13:36:35 (permalink)
MadmanRB
Say anyone got a good guide on overclocking my EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra Silent card with MSI afterburner?
I have actually tried overclocking the card with EVGA Precision XOC and while it seems to take quite well I think it may be limiting my potential with this card.
A card like this is meant to be overclocked after all, I like to see if i can take my card even farther (this is more for fun as i think i got things pretty good but am curious).
The initial guide is for a GTX 1080Ti and qwhile i am sure i can use most of the settings in the guide something more dialed for my card would be appreciated.
Its the voltages I would be more concerned about than anything, while sure getting the max voltage information is easy I do like some recommendation of the optimal voltage of my card without killing it.

Running the max voltage in afterburner isn't going to cause your card to instantly fry because it has been deemed a safe max voltage by nvidia.

Want to save 5 to 10% on your next evga purchase? No problem. Just click on my evga associates banner to save, or enter my associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it.

MadmanRB
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 122
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: [Guide] How to force max voltage & curve overclock with msi afterburner 2019/03/14 14:57:45 (permalink)
Understood, I was just being cautious as this is my first time actually overclocking my card.
Still if there are any tips anyone can provide it is very welcome

GGTV-Jon
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1658
  • Ribbons : 15
Re: [Guide] How to force max voltage & curve overclock with msi afterburner 2019/03/14 23:20:56 (permalink)
MadmanRB
Understood, I was just being cautious as this is my first time actually overclocking my card.
Still if there are any tips anyone can provide it is very welcome

If I am not mistaken the very first post of this thread should have what you are asking for - pointers on how to OC your card.
You still have to do legwork with bench marking / validating your settings
Page: < 12345 Showing page 5 of 5
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile