Gtx 1080 ti ftw3 BIOS

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
Mkeel1451
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2019/07/10 00:06:36 (permalink)
I have noticed that my card is using a different bios than what some other forums have listed, seems like there is a bios update for my card. Is there any confirmation on this. Current bios (86.02.39.01.90) one listed as newer (86.02.39.41.92). I am going to watercool the card if that matters. Just wondering if this will help performance as I would like to squeaze any extre juice this card has out of it.

(also I tried searching for other posts about this and found nothing)

If there is a thread please direct me or if this is the current bios please let me know thank y'all in advance.

35 Replies Related Threads

Digital_Fuzion
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 630
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Gtx 1080 ti ftw3 BIOS 2019/07/10 10:17:07 (permalink)
    Here's a link to any kind of bios update available from EVGA. It covers the 1080 Ti's. 

https://www.techpowerup.c...mp;memSize=&since=
    Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49167
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: Gtx 1080 ti ftw3 BIOS 2019/07/10 10:28:53 (permalink)
    The 86.02.39.41.92 vbios is for a special edition FTW3 that came with faster memory modules. Loading the 86.02.39.41.92 to your card could potentially cause issues as it would be overclocking your vram by +1000.
    HeavyHemi
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 15665
    • Ribbons : 135
    Re: Gtx 1080 ti ftw3 BIOS 2019/07/10 11:22:24 (permalink)
    Mkeel1451
    I have noticed that my card is using a different bios than what some other forums have listed, seems like there is a bios update for my card. Is there any confirmation on this. Current bios (86.02.39.01.90) one listed as newer (86.02.39.41.92). I am going to watercool the card if that matters. Just wondering if this will help performance as I would like to squeaze any extre juice this card has out of it.

(also I tried searching for other posts about this and found nothing)

If there is a thread please direct me or if this is the current bios please let me know thank y'all in advance.

As far as I know, EVGA has not released any BIOS updates for your model GPU.

Digital_Fuzion
    Here's a link to any kind of bios update available from EVGA. It covers the 1080 Ti's. 

Begging your pardon, but those are not links to 'BIOS updates'. Those are BIOS from GPU's that have been uploaded by users like me and you. There are not official BIOS updates for his model is the answer.
    post edited by HeavyHemi - 2019/07/10 11:24:30

EVGA X99 FTWK / i7 6850K @ 4.5ghz / RTX 3080Ti FTW Ultra / 32GB Corsair LPX 3600mhz / Samsung 850Pro 256GB / Be Quiet BN516 Straight Power 12-1000w 80 Plus Platinum / Window 10 Pro

Digital_Fuzion
    SSC Member
    Re: Gtx 1080 ti ftw3 BIOS 2019/07/10 11:38:37 (permalink)
    HeavyHemi
    Digital_Fuzion

Begging your pardon, but those are not links to 'BIOS updates'. Those are BIOS from GPU's that have been uploaded by users like me and you. There are not official BIOS updates for his model is the answer.

Their official EVGA archived bios releases. And both the (86.02.39.01.90) and (86.02.39.41.92) Are listed. I'm providing bios revision history in a nut shell. In no way have I recommended or picked a poison for a user to flash their card under any bios version. Forum title says 1080 Ti FTW3 BIOS. The site has each EVGA 1080 Ti series card with the correct bios version per model. Unless he's got a water-cooled edition which I do not see other then he's going to water cool an EVGA stock 1080 Ti FTW3. Be definition it sounds like he will convert a stock 1080 Ti FT3 card to liquid cooling. Nothing else is noted with the user's card. If it's a hydro copper then they should make it more clear on what their requesting.
    post edited by Digital_Fuzion - 2019/07/10 11:43:58
    HeavyHemi
    Insert Custom Title Here
    Re: Gtx 1080 ti ftw3 BIOS 2019/07/10 12:14:21 (permalink)
    Digital_Fuzion
    HeavyHemi
    Digital_Fuzion

Their official EVGA archived bios releases. And both the (86.02.39.01.90) and (86.02.39.41.92) Are listed. I'm providing bios revision history in a nut shell. In no way have I recommended or picked a poison for a user to flash their card under any bios version. Forum title says 1080 Ti FTW3 BIOS. The site has each EVGA 1080 Ti series card with the correct bios version per model. Unless he's got a water-cooled edition which I do not see other then he's going to water cool an EVGA stock 1080 Ti FTW3. Be definition it sounds like he will convert a stock 1080 Ti FT3 card to liquid cooling. Nothing else is noted with the user's card. If it's a hydro copper then they should make it more clear on what their requesting.

Again, there is nothing official about a third party site hosting BIOS files. FULL STOP.  Again, the post is asking for official BIOS updates for his GPU.  He then ponders updating to water cooling. That does not change the original question nor the answer. Thanks.

EVGA X99 FTWK / i7 6850K @ 4.5ghz / RTX 3080Ti FTW Ultra / 32GB Corsair LPX 3600mhz / Samsung 850Pro 256GB / Be Quiet BN516 Straight Power 12-1000w 80 Plus Platinum / Window 10 Pro

Digital_Fuzion
    SSC Member
    Re: Gtx 1080 ti ftw3 BIOS 2019/07/10 12:31:12 (permalink)
    HeavyHemi
    Digital_Fuzion
    HeavyHemi
    Digital_Fuzion

Again, there is nothing official about a third party site hosting BIOS files. FULL STOP.  Again, the post is asking for official BIOS updates for his GPU.  He then ponders updating to water cooling. That does not change the original question nor the answer. Thanks.

[/quote

The bios releases are all officially EVGA. They are uploaded from users to TECHPOWERUP. Each bios release is posted and noted to be from Manufacturer EVGA. The member can call EVGA support and confirm it directly. Again, user can call to confirm if it's an official EVGA bios release prior to doing anything. Still not sure why you continue to debate over the Bios not being EVGA officially. It can still be officially uploaded from users just the same if it was an EVGA tech head on his day off uploading said bios version. I also got conformation from TECH POWER UP. They said each file that is uploaded in their database is confirmed and verified. The information being posted on their site is legit. Since their a huge successful site that has sponsors and AD revenue. I am certain they know what their taking about. It's one of the best sites online for drivers, bios files and more.
    post edited by Digital_Fuzion - 2019/07/10 12:33:15
    Mkeel1451
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re: Gtx 1080 ti ftw3 BIOS 2019/07/10 14:21:30 (permalink)
    Thank you for the replies. And I think this clears it up as in there are no bios updates for my card. If I ever make a next post referencing my card I will include the model # since I was just referring to my EVGA GTX 1080 TI FTW3 GAMING graphics card.(no I can't remember it off the top of my head) It has the 3 fan design and does not come watercooled but yes I am going to be putting a full custom loop in soon because I like doing these kind of things and for lower Temps and noise levels while gaming. I'm glad to see that this forum is very active though as I didn't expect to have replies so soon.
    Digital_Fuzion
    SSC Member
    Re: Gtx 1080 ti ftw3 BIOS 2019/07/10 15:05:05 (permalink)
    FTW BRO! ftw bro! ftw bro!
    HeavyHemi
    Insert Custom Title Here
    Re: Gtx 1080 ti ftw3 BIOS 2019/07/10 15:47:35 (permalink)
    Digital_Fuzion
    HeavyHemi
    Digital_Fuzion
    HeavyHemi
    Digital_Fuzion

[/quote

The bios releases are all officially EVGA. They are uploaded from users to TECHPOWERUP. Each bios release is posted and noted to be from Manufacturer EVGA. The member can call EVGA support and confirm it directly. Again, user can call to confirm if it's an official EVGA bios release prior to doing anything. Still not sure why you continue to debate over the Bios not being EVGA officially. It can still be officially uploaded from users just the same if it was an EVGA tech head on his day off uploading said bios version. I also got conformation from TECH POWER UP. They said each file that is uploaded in their database is confirmed and verified. The information being posted on their site is legit. Since their a huge successful site that has sponsors and AD revenue. I am certain they know what their taking about. It's one of the best sites online for drivers, bios files and more.

Holy cow. I pretty certain my knowledge and use of TPU vastly exceeds your own. (you know like since they first existed) Why would you imply I'm ignorant? I don't get your need to post walls of text.  I realize you are trying to be helpful, but arguing with objective facts is not helpful it is confusing and causes confusion.  The issue here is not TPU, the issue is whether or not there is an official BIOS update for his GPU. The answer is no. Secondarily as fact, TPU is not an official repository regardless of your opinion(s) and how strongly you feel. This is not casting aspersions on TPU, this is simply stating facts. 
    Lastly why would someone go to all the trouble to contact EVGA about a BIOS on the third party site when they could have EVGA send them the BIOS directly?
    You see, defending opinions instead of facts makes you invent some silly mental gymnastics to justify them. Just sayin....have a nice afternoon.

Digital_Fuzion
    SSC Member
    Re: Gtx 1080 ti ftw3 BIOS 2019/07/10 15:57:35 (permalink)

Digital_Fuzion
    SSC Member
    Re: Gtx 1080 ti ftw3 BIOS 2019/07/11 05:17:55 (permalink)
    HeavyHemi
    Digital_Fuzion
    HeavyHemi
    Digital_Fuzion
    HeavyHemi
    Digital_Fuzion

[/quote

Holy cow. I pretty certain my knowledge and use of TPU vastly exceeds your own. (you know like since they first existed) Why would you imply I'm ignorant? I don't get your need to post walls of text.  I realize you are trying to be helpful, but arguing with objective facts is not helpful it is confusing and causes confusion.  The issue here is not TPU, the issue is whether or not there is an official BIOS update for his GPU. The answer is no. Secondarily as fact, TPU is not an official repository regardless of your opinion(s) and how strongly you feel. This is not casting aspersions on TPU, this is simply stating facts. 
    Lastly why would someone go to all the trouble to contact EVGA about a BIOS on the third party site when they could have EVGA send them the BIOS directly?
    You see, defending opinions instead of facts makes you invent some silly mental gymnastics to justify them. Just sayin....have a nice afternoon.

You are not correct on everything disputed in your comments. It's in EVGA's discretion if they even want to issue a bios file to a user. They do not always issue them if a customer calls or emails requesting said bios update. Clearly the user couldn't find bios version information he was looking for on this entire forum. If the user wanted to try and get it from the horse's mouth they could of called EVGA. Instead they used the EVGA forums. In response, I posted a link to official EVGA bios versions. The user clearly found the information they were looking for no thanks to you! And for the record square pants Bob. I flashed both my 1080 Ti FTW3's primary and secondary from the official EVGA bios files from TECHPOWERUP! ROFL!  I feel so liberated now that I am right and you are clearly wrong. Have a cutie pie day! 
    post edited by Digital_Fuzion - 2019/07/11 05:23:29
    ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 21171
    • Ribbons : 270
    Re: Gtx 1080 ti ftw3 BIOS 2019/07/11 06:01:17 (permalink)
    Digital_Fuzion
    I flashed both my 1080 Ti FTW3's primary and secondary from the official EVGA bios files from TECHPOWERUP! ROFL!

ROFL that you call those "official EVGA BIOS files".

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
    My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

Digital_Fuzion
    SSC Member
    Re: Gtx 1080 ti ftw3 BIOS 2019/07/11 06:15:05 (permalink)
    ty_ger07
    Digital_Fuzion
    I flashed both my 1080 Ti FTW3's primary and secondary from the official EVGA bios files from TECHPOWERUP! ROFL!

ROFL that you call those "official EVGA BIOS files".

Those little bit size bites of official bios files taste yummy! Bit-by-bit. Do you compute? 
    Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: Gtx 1080 ti ftw3 BIOS 2019/07/11 11:29:10 (permalink)
    The files are official .rom's that were just uploaded by other users after being dumped from their card. =)
    ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    Re: Gtx 1080 ti ftw3 BIOS 2019/07/11 14:38:22 (permalink)
    I mean, sure, they are dumps of official eeproms. But the BIOS dump isn't official, the BIOS dump process isn't certain nor guaranteed accurate, the place that they are hosted isn't official, the labels attributed to the dumps and storage organization system isn't controlled nor official, and there is no process to control nor prevent users from downloading and flashing a BIOS copy which will brick their video card and void their video card's warranty. Otherwise, it is official. lol

A BIOS dump ROM is not official. Far from it.

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium

Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: Gtx 1080 ti ftw3 BIOS 2019/07/11 14:49:55 (permalink)
    ty_ger07

Good enough for evga as you're allowed to flash custom rom's to your gpu as long as you can restore the original rom from a dump of the official original rom before rma'ing. lol.
    Digital_Fuzion
    SSC Member
    Re: Gtx 1080 ti ftw3 BIOS 2019/07/11 18:29:34 (permalink)
    Sajin
    ty_ger07

Good enough for evga as you're allowed to flash custom rom's to your gpu as long as you can restore the original rom from a dump of the official original rom before rma'ing. lol.

Exactly mate! No democracy here. Just good common sense on knowing what your doing by that of your own self knowledge or forum community support from great members like you Sajin
    Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: Gtx 1080 ti ftw3 BIOS 2019/07/11 18:31:51 (permalink)

ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    Re: Gtx 1080 ti ftw3 BIOS 2019/07/11 19:50:10 (permalink)
    Sajin
    ty_ger07

My point exactly. Not official. Uncontrolled. Liability.

Remember the person who recently bricked their 2080 Ti by flashing an incompatible BIOS and not even EVGA has been able to find a way to fix it? Was that official support, or are they officially screwed?

If you get in the position where you can't flash back, the warranty is void and you are screwed. That is not official support. If it was official, the warranty wouldn't be affected.

Instead, it's a collection of unofficial BIOS dumps and the user takes matters into their own hand.
    post edited by ty_ger07 - 2019/07/11 19:58:52

Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: Gtx 1080 ti ftw3 BIOS 2019/07/11 20:33:48 (permalink)
    ty_ger07
    Sajin
    ty_ger07

Remember the person who recently bricked their 2080 Ti by flashing an incompatible BIOS and not even EVGA has been able to find a way to fix it? Was that official support, or are they officially screwed?

If you get in the position where you can't flash back, the warranty is void and you are screwed. That is not official support. If it was official, the warranty wouldn't be affected.

Instead, it's a collection of unofficial BIOS dumps and the user takes matters into their own hand.

Yes, I remember. EVGA could have easily fixed the problem for the user, but since the user flashed an unofficial vbios (was 2080 ti kingpin xoc vbios, and the galax 2080 ti 380w vbios) to their 2080 ti xc gaming card evga turned them away. 

If anyone gets themselves into that position they could do this to correct the problem.

ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    Re: Gtx 1080 ti ftw3 BIOS 2019/07/12 05:48:08 (permalink)
    Sajin
    ty_ger07
    Sajin
    ty_ger07

Yes, I remember. EVGA could have easily fixed the problem for the user, but since the user flashed an unofficial vbios (was 2080 ti kingpin xoc vbios, and the galax 2080 ti 380w vbios) to their 2080 ti xc gaming card evga turned them away. 

If anyone gets themselves into that position they could do this to correct the problem.

This person's card is still broken. Feel free to help them.

https://forums.evga.com/I...rent-ROM-m2967051.aspx

EVGA can't fix the card for the user without the user sending the card to EVGA. But, since the warranty is void, EVGA doesn't want to touch it.
    post edited by ty_ger07 - 2019/07/12 05:51:00

HeavyHemi
    Insert Custom Title Here
    Re: Gtx 1080 ti ftw3 BIOS 2019/07/12 08:03:26 (permalink)
    Digital_Fuzion
    HeavyHemi
    Digital_Fuzion
    HeavyHemi
    Digital_Fuzion
    HeavyHemi
    Digital_Fuzion

[/quote

You are not correct on everything disputed in your comments. It's in EVGA's discretion if they even want to issue a bios file to a user. They do not always issue them if a customer calls or emails requesting said bios update. Clearly the user couldn't find bios version information he was looking for on this entire forum. If the user wanted to try and get it from the horse's mouth they could of called EVGA. Instead they used the EVGA forums. In response, I posted a link to official EVGA bios versions. The user clearly found the information they were looking for no thanks to you! And for the record square pants Bob. I flashed both my 1080 Ti FTW3's primary and secondary from the official EVGA bios files from TECHPOWERUP! ROFL!  I feel so liberated now that I am right and you are clearly wrong. Have a cutie pie day! 

Actually, once again, my short brief post was 100% correct and factual and your word salad was just yet ANOTHER repeat of you trying to justify YOUR OPINION. I'd have a better day if I felt I was being more effective in preventing you from spreading confusion and disinformation. But clearly your last sentence makes it clear the MOST IMPORTANT THING TO YOU, is to claim you are right, not that you are right. I'm usually nicer, but...But son, grow up. Thanks.

Digital_Fuzion
    SSC Member
    Re: Gtx 1080 ti ftw3 BIOS 2019/07/14 22:47:49 (permalink)
    Mean while at area 51    
    ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    Re: Gtx 1080 ti ftw3 BIOS 2019/07/15 17:49:06 (permalink)

Jazek
    • Total Posts : 5
    Re: Gtx 1080 ti ftw3 BIOS 2019/07/17 15:41:16 (permalink)
    In my brand new 1080Ti FTW3 I have the version 86.02.39.40.92. 
    travisandcarriekinnett
    • Total Posts : 18
    Re: Gtx 1080 ti ftw3 BIOS 2019/07/20 08:15:31 (permalink)
    Sometimes you have to go outside the box to get your VBIOS. Official...no, necessary...yes.  This happens to be the case if your slave BIOS wont allow you to get your full 127% power draw and EVGA slaps you in the face and shifts blame to Nvidia. Which brings me to my next question...have they fixed that yet and should I have a newer version than 86.02.39.01.91 for my slave.  If there is a newer one out there...will it allow me to get to the full 127% power before being throttled at 117%.  I have the ones you helped me out with Saijin and I would assume I'm probably supposed to stick with what I got or you probably would've mentioned it.  I'm about to just say screw it and grab the XOC BIOS and set the VF curve per your Tutorial Saijin and just run with it.
    Digital_Fuzion
    SSC Member
    Re: Gtx 1080 ti ftw3 BIOS 2019/07/20 09:48:33 (permalink)
    travisandcarriekinnett
    Sometimes you have to go outside the box to get your VBIOS. Official...no, necessary...yes.  This happens to be the case if your slave BIOS wont allow you to get your full 127% power draw and EVGA slaps you in the face and shifts blame to Nvidia. Which brings me to my next question...have they fixed that yet and should I have a newer version than 86.02.39.01.91 for my slave.  If there is a newer one out there...will it allow me to get to the full 127% power before being throttled at 117%.  I have the ones you helped me out with Saijin and I would assume I'm probably supposed to stick with what I got or you probably would've mentioned it.  I'm about to just say screw it and grab the XOC BIOS and set the VF curve per your Tutorial Saijin and just run with it.

I really like your post Bump +1
    travisandcarriekinnett
    • Total Posts : 18
    Re: Gtx 1080 ti ftw3 BIOS 2019/07/20 10:02:54 (permalink)

Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: Gtx 1080 ti ftw3 BIOS 2019/07/20 13:36:12 (permalink)
    travisandcarriekinnett

The vbios's listed in this thread are the latest ones, so no there aren't any newer ones.
    Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile