Gears 5 is now available to pre-order on Steam

Author
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102253
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 84
2019/08/20 02:09:34 (permalink)
https://www.overclock3d.net/news/software/gears_5_is_now_available_to_pre-order_on_steam/1

During the company's Gamescom 2019 livestream, Microsoft announced that Gears (of War) 5 is now available to pre-order on Steam, opening up the company's latest PC offering in a time where the phrase "PC exclusive" has become all too common. 

Microsoft wants to make its games available to a larger number of gamers than before, and on PC that means two things. Xbox Game Pass for PC and the release of future Xbox Game Studio titles on PC platforms outside of the Microsoft Store. 

Gears 5 will not be locked behind Microsoft's Windows 10 Store, though an Xbox Live account will be required to run the game. Xbox Game Pass for PC users will need to utilise the Microsoft Store to run Gears 5.

On Steam, Gears 5 will cost £49.99 and will release on September 10th. 

The price is about average for games of this genre in my opinion. We'll have to see if performance and game play are worth the price. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

1 Reply Related Threads

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30975
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Gears 5 is now available to pre-order on Steam 2019/08/21 07:29:01 (permalink)
    "an Xbox Live account will be required to run the game" 

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile