Gaming PC's BANNED by Woke states

Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Author
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
  • Total Posts : 24581
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 79
Re: Gaming PC's BANNED by Woke states 2021/07/29 09:39:02 (permalink)
Nereus
Nothing weird about it - mainstream media have been doing this for years.

Very true, but the consumers should still learn to actually look into these things instead of react. I wish the reacting to clickbait would stay on Reddit where it belongs.

People blow nothing into a major issue that goes directly back to nothing because it meant nothing from the beginning.
post edited by the_Scarlet_one - 2021/07/29 09:41:05
gametheory
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 135
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Gaming PC's BANNED by Woke states 2021/07/29 11:51:40 (permalink)
the_Scarlet_one
Nereus

Very true, but the consumers should still learn to actually look into these things instead of react. I wish the reacting to clickbait would stay on Reddit where it belongs.

People blow nothing into a major issue that goes directly back to nothing because it meant nothing from the beginning.

Yep, even the title of this thread was written in a way to incite a reaction with others hopping on the bandwagon. I'd hate to see this forum devolve into similar reactions on Reddit.

You can receive up to 10% off purchases (B-Stock included) at evga.com with my associate's code:

H91C6M81DQ30JCY

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
  • Total Posts : 18917
  • Ribbons : 58
Re: Gaming PC's BANNED by Woke states 2021/07/29 12:17:16 (permalink)
gametheory
the_Scarlet_one
Nereus

Yep, even the title of this thread was written in a way to incite a reaction with others hopping on the bandwagon. I'd hate to see this forum devolve into similar reactions on Reddit.

Reddit. I've looked at a couple of topics there recently - wow, what a toxic sewer that place is, and so many completely misinformed sheeple just following mob mentality. I've seen a couple of examples where some sorry individual tried to correct the false narrative and got absolutely slaughtered for it, even threats of doxxing etc., pure brown-shirt fascism stuff.

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

atfrico
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 12753
  • Ribbons : 25
Re: Gaming PC's BANNED by Woke states 2021/07/29 13:39:36 (permalink)
Nereus
gametheory
the_Scarlet_one
Nereus

Reddit. I've looked at a couple of topics there recently - wow, what a toxic sewer that place is, and so many completely misinformed sheeple just following mob mentality. I've seen a couple of examples where some sorry individual tried to correct the false narrative and got absolutely slaughtered for it, even threats of doxxing etc., pure brown-shirt fascism stuff.

Really🤔 I'm up for a challenge😼
Instead of derailing a thread i derailed the entire site😁🤣🤣

Those who abuse power, are nothing but scumbags! The challenge of power is how to use it and not abuse it. The abuse of power that seems to create the most unhappiness is when a person uses personal power to get ahead without regards to the welfare of others, people are obsessed with it. You can take a nice person and turn them into a slob, into an insane being, craving power, destroying anything that stands in their way.

Affiliate Code: 3T15O1S07G
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: Gaming PC's BANNED by Woke states 2021/07/29 14:25:32 (permalink)
atfrico
Nereus
gametheory
the_Scarlet_one
Nereus

If you're gonna do a job, do it properly. 

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

HurricaneJB
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 103
Re: Gaming PC's BANNED by Woke states 2021/07/29 15:10:55 (permalink)
So tired of this woke culture.
atfrico
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 12753
  • Ribbons : 25
Re: Gaming PC's BANNED by Woke states 2021/07/29 16:49:09 (permalink)
Nereus
atfrico
Nereus
gametheory
the_Scarlet_one
Nereus

If you're gonna do a job, do it properly. 

Those who abuse power, are nothing but scumbags! The challenge of power is how to use it and not abuse it. The abuse of power that seems to create the most unhappiness is when a person uses personal power to get ahead without regards to the welfare of others, people are obsessed with it. You can take a nice person and turn them into a slob, into an insane being, craving power, destroying anything that stands in their way.

Affiliate Code: 3T15O1S07G
ZzEzZ
  • Total Posts : 35
Re: Gaming PC's BANNED by Woke states 2021/07/29 19:05:09 (permalink)
This is a little over hyped. JayzTwoCents did a video on this. He lays it all out pretty nicely imo.
Grey_Beard
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2232
  • Ribbons : 10
Re: Gaming PC's BANNED by Woke states 2021/07/30 07:11:46 (permalink)
OMG, never knew fascism was coming for my high-end PC! Say it isn’t so. Imagine getting bent about this subject? Amazing thought process on display.
stelladaurmond
  • Total Posts : 100
Re: Gaming PC's BANNED by Woke states 2021/08/10 10:27:47 (permalink)
it's not as bad as it sounds

jayztwocents does a video on youtube about it

post edited by stelladaurmond - 2021/08/10 10:30:31
xjinqs
Re: Gaming PC's BANNED by Woke states 2021/08/10 12:05:01 (permalink)
thats hella weird
R00thead
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 110
Re: Gaming PC's BANNED by Woke states 2021/08/13 04:50:54 (permalink)
I feel like the number of people buying prebuilts who also visit this forum is pretty small.
XrayMan
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 73000
  • Ribbons : 115
Re: Gaming PC's BANNED by Woke states 2021/08/14 02:54:35 (permalink)

Building your own is the way to go.

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102262
  • Ribbons : 84
Re: Gaming PC's BANNED by Woke states 2021/08/14 03:13:17 (permalink)
R00thead
I feel like the number of people buying prebuilts who also visit this forum is pretty small.

That is true because most forum members build their own PCs. Right now if want want a high end GPU a pre-build is about the only option. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102262
  • Ribbons : 84
Re: Gaming PC's BANNED by Woke states 2021/08/14 03:26:01 (permalink)
I don't understand why many states don't allow or encourage energy alternatives like electric generating windmills, solar panel farms, etc

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

XrayMan
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 73000
  • Ribbons : 115
Re: Gaming PC's BANNED by Woke states 2021/08/14 22:48:32 (permalink)

Moved to Gaming News.

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
iidliw
Re: Gaming PC's BANNED by Woke states 2021/08/14 23:57:41 (permalink)
Looks kinda fishy, I think there are other interests meaning political and money as usual. Maybe I am wrong :)
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: Gaming PC's BANNED by Woke states 2021/08/15 03:50:01 (permalink)
iidliw
Looks kinda fishy, I think there are other interests meaning political and money as usual. Maybe I am wrong :)

You are
madatgravity
Re: Gaming PC's BANNED by Woke states 2021/09/04 13:21:42 (permalink)
Prebuilts are a scam right now. Almost everything gpu related.
mhamson
  • Total Posts : 12
Re: Gaming PC's BANNED by Woke states 2021/09/05 09:55:52 (permalink)
the_Scarlet_one
Hmm, back with another video looking into the facts and it turns out, the whole “gaming PCs are getting banned” was a lie. Weird that these click bait sites keep producing clickbait to get clicks and fund their ad revenue.

Does this surprise anyone? btw - nice taking the summer off... because such stories are more entertaining after all has settled
reaper1233
  • Total Posts : 39
Re: Gaming PC's BANNED by Woke states 2021/09/05 10:54:05 (permalink)
I find it so stupid that we have to regulate power for a computer, but household appliances are just fine lmfao. 
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: Gaming PC's BANNED by Woke states 2021/09/05 14:31:36 (permalink)
austin86
reaper1233
I find it so stupid that we have to regulate power for a computer, but household appliances are just fine lmfao. 

Yeah, the average home AC pulls more in a mouth then a modern gaming pc would in like say a year. If one truly cared they’d go after other things.

Probably some PC industry player refused to 'donate' to some corruptocrat from CA, and this is the 'punishment'. Either that, or some corruptocrat beholden to China saw they were limiting kids to gaming 3 hours a week and decided to give a little nod to their Chinese government benefactors.

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: Gaming PC's BANNED by Woke states 2021/09/05 14:45:00 (permalink)
austin86
Nereus
austin86
reaper1233

Yeah, the average home AC pulls more in a mouth then a modern gaming pc would in like say a year. If one truly cared they’d go after other things.

Probably some PC industry player refused to 'donate' to some corruptocrat from CA, and this is the 'punishment'. Either that, or some corruptocrat beholden to China saw they were limiting kids to gaming 3 hours a week and decided to give a little nod to their Chinese government benefactors.

More like some law maker wants to be able to claim they passed green policy without impacting any one significant enough to limit bad press.

^ that sounds right.

evga1081
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 108
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: Gaming PC's BANNED by Woke states 2021/09/06 04:37:09 (permalink)
It’s still terrible legislation and the sponsoring representatives should be ashamed. An inefficient wall air conditioner or ancient appliance will put a desktop to shame in power use. There is some merit in trying to curb high draw appliances, but it should be a measure reflective of a product’s total output. Enthusiast products draw more power but produce an enthusiast result. An inefficient AC unit does a poor job cooling but draws too much power.
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: Gaming PC's BANNED by Woke states 2021/09/06 08:20:26 (permalink)
In sweltering heat, can a gamer leave without an air conditioner? No.

In sweltering heat, can the energy efficiency of a computer in a sleep state be lowered with an efficient power supply, yes.

You are comparing apples and oranges, and completely ignoring the fact that air conditioners are regulated and come with energy efficiency ratings as well, so not only are you comparing two completely incomparable items, you are being ignorant in your argument because you want to make a really invalid and inept point.

The regulations you are whining about aren’t on old computers and they aren’t on old appliances, they are in brand new equipment, which is regulated in both aspects, so consider that rather than babbling about something you don’t comprehend.

The “ancient appliances” facts are completely wasteful since “ancient computers” aren’t being sold either, so maybe research before typing.
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: Gaming PC's BANNED by Woke states 2021/09/06 08:59:36 (permalink)
austin86
the_Scarlet_one
In sweltering heat, can a gamer leave without an air conditioner? No.

In sweltering heat, can the energy efficiency of a computer in a sleep state be lowered with an efficient power supply, yes.

You are comparing apples and oranges, and completely ignoring the fact that air conditioners are regulated and come with energy efficiency ratings as well, so not only are you comparing two completely incomparable items, you are being ignorant in your argument because you want to make a really invalid and inept point.

The regulations you are whining about aren’t on old computers and they aren’t on old appliances, they are in brand new equipment, which is regulated in both aspects, so consider that rather than babbling about something you don’t comprehend.

The “ancient appliances” facts are completely wasteful since “ancient computers” aren’t being sold either, so maybe research before typing.

But ancient equipment is still in use…
anyway tell me how cutting a watt or two from a pc in sleep mode has a worth wile impact when one could just shutoff the pc? Like I said before, if regulators cared they have better ways to address the problem.

Regulators regulate new equipment coming out. Do you want the government coming in and telling you to spend $10,000 on a new HVAC system because yours is too old? Once the product is sold, there is nothing regulators can do about it because it belongs to a private company or citizen. Your thought process is so skewed it’s actually painful to read. It’s like you don’t even know what you are talking about beaut refuse to listen to what is being said. It’s a horrible Reddit mentality.
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: Gaming PC's BANNED by Woke states 2021/09/06 12:50:40 (permalink)
Civil about conspiracy theories that don’t even remotely make sense. Sure. You literally said you wanted regulation on old hardware in peoples home, the same stuff that has been regulated for many decades due to it being inefficient and bad for the environment, but you don’t want a gaming pc manufacturer to follow the simplest regulation there is… hahahah.

Why is it that the original refrigerants that were in use have been *regulated* to be more efficient and less toxic? Do you think manufacturers did it because it was the right thing to do, or because they were forced to?

Why do you think cars use non-toxic coolant now?

You know manufacturers always do what is cheapest not why is safest. The regulations you so hate have been happening all over to force companies to be more eco friendly because they refuse to do it themselves. But hey, at least you are civil about your misinformation, right?

Oh, I forgot, we are under a click bait thread about states banning computers which was proven to be a complete and total click bait LOE to attract conspiracy theorists to post.. that’s right, Dell and Alienware didn’t make a choice to refuse to follow a regulation because they have your best interest at heart when they use a garbage power supply, and the state didn’t actually ban anything, Dell and Alienware just decided not to ship to certain states so they could avoid the fines that would have accrued due to their inept practices of selling garbage products in place of efficient products.
post edited by the_Scarlet_one - 2021/09/06 12:57:24
Button Bright
  • Total Posts : 39
Re: Gaming PC's BANNED by Woke states 2021/09/06 14:55:59 (permalink)
the_Scarlet_one
Weird Normal that these click bait sites keep producing clickbait to get clicks and fund their ad revenue.

Fixed it for you

lol.

yaymz
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 736
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: Gaming PC's BANNED by Woke states 2021/09/06 15:07:28 (permalink)
Thanks for the follow-up from EVGA, I was wondering about this myself.

cpu: Intel 12900k-EK Quantum Magnitude waterblock
mobo: Asus z690 Apex
ram: G.skill DDR5 @ 6000+.
gpu: MSI 4090 Suprim Liq x on EK-Quantum Vector² Trio ABP waterblock
ssd: Samsung m.2 980 Pro 2TB (x2)
psu: beQuiet Dark Power Pro 1500w
case: Lian-li o11d xl
monitor: Asus ROG Swift 27" 1440p @240hz (PG279QM).[/
Hoggle
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 10102
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: Gaming PC's BANNED by Woke states 2021/09/06 16:32:09 (permalink)
I just looked at this as a joke because no way they could ban high end computers in a state that hosts E3 as well as other gaming conventions.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile