EVGA

Game Ready Driver 496.49 has been released (DCH)

Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Author
ZoranC
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1099
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 16
Re: Game Ready Driver 496.49 has been released (DCH) 2021/10/26 20:43:47 (permalink)
ObscureEmpyre
ZoranC

Which one -you- have installed according to your NVCP sysinfo?

Standard. Use the Advanced Driver Search if you want the standard version of 472.12.

Thank you! I will have to give standard a try because surface symptoms point at drivers. However I had DCH on this system from very first day and everything was fine until approximately end of 2020 beginning of 2021. It is possible that change in drivers after that time introduced issue but I wasn't able to prove that (when I tried to roll drivers back issue remained). To further complicate troubleshooting that coincides with some of Microsoft's Win10 updates (so it also could be Win10 update or conflict between Win10 update and drivers) but one can't roll those updates back to try.
Montana.Actual
  • Total Posts : 81
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Game Ready Driver 496.49 has been released (DCH) 2021/10/27 02:24:00 (permalink)
So yea... big confirmation that the previous drivers were trash and caused a ton of issues. Still, glad we have shader cache control and this is a step in the right direction. I'll download and hopefully it fixes my screen flickering and rdr2 crashes.

ObscureEmpyre

Did you try the new ones in RDR2 yet? 
post edited by Montana.Actual - 2021/10/27 02:28:12
aka_STEVE_b
EGC Admin
  • Total Posts : 17692
  • Ribbons : 69
Re: Game Ready Driver 496.49 has been released (DCH) 2021/10/27 06:14:52 (permalink)
Sajin
aka_STEVE_b
Not sure where you guys are  , but the ones I linked are regular Game-Ready  WHQL drivers, 496.49 
   -not DCH 

* unless you only search for win 10 , instead of win 11 ...?  

When clicking the download button from your link it says dch in the file name once downloaded.

not to beat a dead horse...... but YES the driver download file was saying it was DCH & people on the Nvidia forums were complaining to them about it being mislabeled - but I can confirm the Game Ready driver I downloaded and installed was regular.  I did a fresh install, clean and did NOT have to download the Nvidia Control Panel separately. ( it was included) 
.yes this was the Win 11 selection.

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X  12-core cpu~ ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero ~ EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3~ G.SKILL Trident Z NEO 32GB DDR4-3600 ~ Phanteks Eclipse P400s red case ~ EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G+ PSU ~ Intel 660p M.2 drive~ Crucial MX300 275 GB SSD ~WD 2TB SSD ~CORSAIR H115i RGB Pro XT 280mm cooler ~ CORSAIR Dark Core RGB Pro mouse ~ CORSAIR K68 Mech keyboard ~ HGST 4TB Hd.~ AOC AGON 32" monitor 1440p @ 144Hz ~ Win 10 x64
ObscureEmpyre
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 972
  • Ribbons : 7
Re: Game Ready Driver 496.49 has been released (DCH) 2021/10/27 07:50:32 (permalink)
Montana.Actual
ObscureEmpyre

Did you try the new ones in RDR2 yet? 

I tried 496.49, and RDR2 wouldn’t even complete the benchmark without crashing. I was also experiencing stuttering when scrolling through YouTube, as described as a known issue. Another junk driver, as per my opinion and experience, so I went back to 472.12.

Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 49168
  • Ribbons : 199
Re: Game Ready Driver 496.49 has been released (DCH) 2021/10/27 11:12:27 (permalink)
aka_STEVE_b
Sajin
aka_STEVE_b
Not sure where you guys are  , but the ones I linked are regular Game-Ready  WHQL drivers, 496.49 
 -not DCH 

* unless you only search for win 10 , instead of win 11 ...?  

When clicking the download button from your link it says dch in the file name once downloaded.

not to beat a dead horse...... but YES the driver download file was saying it was DCH & people on the Nvidia forums were complaining to them about it being mislabeled - but I can confirm the Game Ready driver I downloaded and installed was regular.  I did a fresh install, clean and did NOT have to download the Nvidia Control Panel separately. ( it was included) 
.yes this was the Win 11 selection.

So you’re saying the link you provided downloads a driver with dch in the file name, but actually installs as a standard driver?
Montana.Actual
  • Total Posts : 81
Re: Game Ready Driver 496.49 has been released (DCH) 2021/10/27 17:59:25 (permalink)
Yea, with the newer drivers even browsers and VLC would screen tear. Never seen it before. These new drivers suck, hard. RDR2 still crashing for me too.
doggz1999
  • Total Posts : 5
Re: Game Ready Driver 496.49 has been released (DCH) 2021/10/28 02:32:06 (permalink)
First, ObscureEmpyre you clearly don't know what you are talking about or where to look to determine if the driver installed was Standard or DCH.  Go on the control panel, and click on help.  Then go under system information and look at the driver type, it will say standard or DCH.  You will find it says DCH for driver 496.49.
By the way, Nvidia is only offering DCH from this point on due to the requirement for windows drivers vs windows desktop drivers which he first posted they would be changing back in August 2021. Nvidia has no control over this.
Nvidia requested and recieved permission from Mircosoft to offer the the NVIDIA control panel app as a side-loaded apx package included with the driver update packages (this has been the case for at least the past 3 - 4 months now), to help with prevent issues for people who had trouble installing the control panel in the past, but this is still provided by Microsoft for package "splitting" which is part of the DCH paradigm.  This also means that the Microsoft store will update the NVIDIA control panel app if windows update finds it has a more "up-to-date" driver to offer or that it may find that the control panel is not compatablie with your hardware/software.

Now, this is why I don't like the DCH drivers.  Look at page 12 of the documentation for 496.49.  "Note: You may encounter issues installing the NVIDIA Control Panel from the Windows Store. See “Issues Installing the NVIDIA Control Panel from the Windows Store” on page 17 for more information". 
The DCH drivers will be paticularly problemsome for laptops and PCs that want "vendor only" drivers as it always has been in the past. 
Further, for Mr. ObscureEmpoyer, on that NVIDIA support page it states, "Updated 09/29/2021 01:09 PM" and "Per Microsoft requirements, the NVIDIA Control Panel is no longer included in the driver package and is instead distributed exclusively through the Microsoft Store and seamlessly installed following the completion of the NVIDIA driver installation".  This means the control panel you are looking at is the NVIDIA control panel APP provided by splitting (again a part of the DCH paradigm) by Microsoft for NVIDIA to side-load during each driver update!
ObscureEmpyre
SSC Member
Re: Game Ready Driver 496.49 has been released (DCH) 2021/10/28 03:36:38 (permalink)
doggz1999
First, ObscureEmpyre you clearly don't know what you are talking about or where to look to determine if the driver installed was Standard or DCH.  Go on the control panel, and click on help.  Then go under system information and look at the driver type, it will say standard or DCH.  You will find it says DCH for driver 496.49.
By the way, Nvidia is only offering DCH from this point on due to the requirement for windows drivers vs windows desktop drivers which he first posted they would be changing back in August 2021. Nvidia has no control over this.
Nvidia requested and recieved permission from Mircosoft to offer the the NVIDIA control panel app as a side-loaded apx package included with the driver update packages (this has been the case for at least the past 3 - 4 months now), to help with prevent issues for people who had trouble installing the control panel in the past, but this is still provided by Microsoft for package "splitting" which is part of the DCH paradigm.  This also means that the Microsoft store will update the NVIDIA control panel app if windows update finds it has a more "up-to-date" driver to offer or that it may find that the control panel is not compatablie with your hardware/software.

Now, this is why I don't like the DCH drivers.  Look at page 12 of the documentation for 496.49.  "Note: You may encounter issues installing the NVIDIA Control Panel from the Windows Store. See “Issues Installing the NVIDIA Control Panel from the Windows Store” on page 17 for more information". 
The DCH drivers will be paticularly problemsome for laptops and PCs that want "vendor only" drivers as it always has been in the past. 
Further, for Mr. ObscureEmpoyer, on that NVIDIA support page it states, "Updated 09/29/2021 01:09 PM" and "Per Microsoft requirements, the NVIDIA Control Panel is no longer included in the driver package and is instead distributed exclusively through the Microsoft Store and seamlessly installed following the completion of the NVIDIA driver installation".  This means the control panel you are looking at is the NVIDIA control panel APP provided by splitting (again a part of the DCH paradigm) by Microsoft for NVIDIA to side-load during each driver update!

Cool story, bro.

Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 49168
  • Ribbons : 199
Re: Game Ready Driver 496.49 has been released (DCH) 2021/10/28 14:09:22 (permalink)
Installed these today. They are definitely DCH. Nvidia control panel worked fine. Had to agree to some terms before the control panel would open which never happened with a standard driver. I have windows updates completely disabled on my rig, so the windows store definitely didn't install the control panel from the windows store, so what doggz1999 stated about the dch drivers coming with a side-loaded appx package with the control panel included is true. Driver works fine for me. 
ObscureEmpyre
SSC Member
Re: Game Ready Driver 496.49 has been released (DCH) 2021/10/28 15:45:19 (permalink)
Sajin
Installed these today. They are definitely DCH. Nvidia control panel worked fine. Had to agree to some terms before the control panel would open which never happened with a standard driver. I have windows updates completely disabled on my rig, so the windows store definitely didn't install the control panel from the windows store, so what doggz1999 stated about the dch drivers coming with a side-loaded appx package with the control panel included is true. Driver works fine for me. 

Both 496.13 and 496.49 are none other than DCH from what I found out by downloading them either from the GeForce drivers or the Nvidia Advanced Drivers Search pages, so that much is true. For 472.12, however, the GeForce page download is DCH but the Advanced page is standard. The file size is smaller from the Advanced page as well.

When it comes to the Windows Store installing the NVCP, it’s definitely not coming from there. I DDU’d 472.12 to include the NVCP prior to installing 496.49. I also disabled the auto-hardware device installation setting as well as disconnected the Ethernet cable to my computer so there would be no Internet connection. The NVCP still got installed through the 496.49 installation file. Heck, even both the DCH and Standard versions of 472.12 installed it and prompted the user license agreement window.

rjbarker
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3214
  • Ribbons : 21
Re: Game Ready Driver 496.49 has been released (DCH) 2021/10/29 16:03:12 (permalink)
ObscureEmpyre
Sajin

Both 496.13 and 496.49 are none other than DCH from what I found out by downloading them either from the GeForce drivers or the Nvidia Advanced Drivers Search pages, so that much is true. For 472.12, however, the GeForce page download is DCH but the Advanced page is standard. The file size is smaller from the Advanced page as well.

When it comes to the Windows Store installing the NVCP, it’s definitely not coming from there. I DDU’d 472.12 to include the NVCP prior to installing 496.49. I also disabled the auto-hardware device installation setting as well as disconnected the Ethernet cable to my computer so there would be no Internet connection. The NVCP still got installed through the 496.49 installation file. Heck, even both the DCH and Standard versions of 472.12 installed it and prompted the user license agreement window.

I can confirm the lastest Driver does cause issues with RDR2:
- Could not load DX12 and get to settings page without an" System out of Vram error message and punted out back to desktop.
- Could not run RDR2 through an entire benchmark with Vulcan API.

I can conform both situations described above were resolved when I disabled Resize Bar in MXI-E bios.

I9 12900K EK Velocity2 / ROG Z690 Apex/ 32G Dominator DDR5 6000/ Evga RTX 3080Ti FTW3  EK Vector / 980 Pro 512G / 980 Pro 1TB/ Samsung 860 Pro 500G/ WD 4TB Red / AX 1600i /  Corsair 900D & XSPC 480 * 360 * 240 Rads   XSPC Photon 170 Rez-Vario Pump Combo - Alienware 3440*1440p 120Hz/ W11

kraade
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2369
Re: Game Ready Driver 496.49 has been released (DCH) 2021/10/29 16:26:32 (permalink)
I tried it and went back to 472.12
ObscureEmpyre
SSC Member
Re: Game Ready Driver 496.49 has been released (DCH) 2021/10/29 16:30:50 (permalink)
kraade

Seems like the logical thing to do at this point. Hopefully Nvidia irons out the kinks in the near future. I’m sure they have their hands full with Win11 being a thing now, but still. It’d been a long time since I’d had to go back to an older drivers version, but now I’ve had to do it twice in the same month.

javelina1
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 442
Re: Game Ready Driver 496.49 has been released (DCH) 2021/10/29 17:22:08 (permalink)
I'm an outlier, yet again.  Having absolutely no issues with my G2 & 3090FE setup, whilst "flying" VR with BoX, DCS, and MSFS2020. 

Sorry to hear you lads have issues.  So indeed, if you have a "go to" driver as your default, by all means use it.  But for me, no issues..

Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra, i7-9700k (4.9ghz all cores), NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL-14 3200mhz RAM, RTX 3090FE, Soundblaster Z, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 2x 512GB Samsung NVMe, 1x 1TB Samsung NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung SSD, Win 10 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, JetSeat KW-908, Reverb G2, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower Case, EVGA 850 P2 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2

doggz1999
Re: Game Ready Driver 496.49 has been released (DCH) 2021/10/29 19:06:47 (permalink)
ObscureEmpyre
Sajin

Did you read my post or just write "cool story bro".  
Instead of being rude try to leard from what I am explaining to you.
I said from "this point on" which means now and in the future.
In the past they offered the DCH and standard drivers but included in the DCH drivers, since around 47x.xx was the NVCP app.
Prior to this, you would have to download it seperately from the store; downloading it seperately from the store has caused people signficant issues and still can as I quoted from Nvidia "cool story bro" post.
I'm not sure you completely understand the difference between standard and DCH along with the difference between the NVCP and the NVCP app? 
Why would you state, "When it comes to the Windows Store installing the NVCP, it’s definitely not coming from there. I DDU’d 472.12 to include the NVCP prior to installing 496.49".
If you installed the 472.12 standard then you had the NVCP and not the NVCP app which look nearly identical. 
If you installed 472.12 DCH you had the NVCP app.
When you updated your drivers to 496.13 the NVCP app was installed or you would not have the option to change the shader cache space allocated.
You can block updates from the MS store so the NVCP does not update but when you download updated Nvidia drivers the NVCP app will be updated or installed if your previous driver only had the NVCP. 
Again for example, the option to choose how much shader cache space is avaliable is only an option on the NVCP app in the DCH version of drivers starting with 496.xx.  There is a not standard NVCP that offers this choice.
The NVCP app will always be included with the DCH package and will be side-load/updated automatically when installing the future drivers to make it seamless.
This means you won't be able to tell the difference except for suttle changes if you know where to look.
To find out if the app is indeed installed go under windows settings and then apps; you will find an app called Nvidia Control Panel along with the version number.
This is not from NVIDIA this is the NVCP app included in the nvidia driver package even if you had your internet disconnected, the app is ultimately supervised by Microsoft and the exact same app is avaliable on the store.  

Also, please take a moment to explore the Nividia forums.
Although unintentiional, spreading misinformation (such as 496.49 was still a standard driver) could potentially causing others to have issues or end up confused about the current drivers which leads to difficulty troubleshooting if they have issues.
Also, try looking up the information that  post under the support section of he Geforce forums since he does a very thorough job explaining all this.

FYI to everyone else, there is a hotfix avaliable 496.69 that manuel jsut posted today.
ObscureEmpyre
SSC Member
Re: Game Ready Driver 496.49 has been released (DCH) 2021/10/29 19:51:23 (permalink)
doggz1999
Did you read my post or just write "cool story bro".  
Instead of being rude try to leard from what I am explaining to you.
I said from "this point on" which means now and in the future.
In the past they offered the DCH and standard drivers but included in the DCH drivers, since around 47x.xx was the NVCP app.
Prior to this, you would have to download it seperately from the store; downloading it seperately from the store has caused people signficant issues and still can as I quoted from Nvidia "cool story bro" post.
I'm not sure you completely understand the difference between standard and DCH along with the difference between the NVCP and the NVCP app? 
Why would you state, "When it comes to the Windows Store installing the NVCP, it’s definitely not coming from there. I DDU’d 472.12 to include the NVCP prior to installing 496.49".
If you installed the 472.12 standard then you had the NVCP and not the NVCP app which look nearly identical. 
If you installed 472.12 DCH you had the NVCP app.
When you updated your drivers to 496.13 the NVCP app was installed or you would not have the option to change the shader cache space allocated.
You can block updates from the MS store so the NVCP does not update but when you download updated Nvidia drivers the NVCP app will be updated or installed if your previous driver only had the NVCP. 
Again for example, the option to choose how much shader cache space is avaliable is only an option on the NVCP app in the DCH version of drivers starting with 496.xx.  There is a not standard NVCP that offers this choice.
The NVCP app will always be included with the DCH package and will be side-load/updated automatically when installing the future drivers to make it seamless.
This means you won't be able to tell the difference except for suttle changes if you know where to look.
To find out if the app is indeed installed go under windows settings and then apps; you will find an app called Nvidia Control Panel along with the version number.
This is not from NVIDIA this is the NVCP app included in the nvidia driver package even if you had your internet disconnected, the app is ultimately supervised by Microsoft and the exact same app is avaliable on the store.  

Also, please take a moment to explore the Nividia forums.
Although unintentiional, spreading misinformation (such as 496.49 was still a standard driver) could potentially causing others to have issues or end up confused about the current drivers which leads to difficulty troubleshooting if they have issues.
Also, try looking up the information that  post under the support section of he Geforce forums since he does a very thorough job explaining all this.

FYI to everyone else, there is a hotfix avaliable 496.69 that manuel jsut posted today.

Okay.

javelina1
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 442
Re: Game Ready Driver 496.49 has been released (DCH) 2021/10/30 06:47:45 (permalink)
doggz1999

cool beans, thanks!

Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra, i7-9700k (4.9ghz all cores), NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL-14 3200mhz RAM, RTX 3090FE, Soundblaster Z, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 2x 512GB Samsung NVMe, 1x 1TB Samsung NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung SSD, Win 10 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, JetSeat KW-908, Reverb G2, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower Case, EVGA 850 P2 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2

Sendrow
  • Total Posts : 2
Re: Game Ready Driver 496.49 has been released (DCH) 2021/10/30 12:40:36 (permalink)
Why they sitll make drivers?
JustinHEMI
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 886
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: Game Ready Driver 496.49 has been released (DCH) 2021/10/31 17:17:51 (permalink)
I'm having problems with the subject driver. I DDU'd everything then installed. I can't get above 25FPS even in the menus of COD BO CW and the 3080Ti "use" is pegged at 100%. Any ideas?

ETA never mind. I found a .61 hotfix that seems to have cleared everything up.
post edited by JustinHEMI - 2021/10/31 17:26:27

| Intel i7 12900KS | Asus Z690 ROG Strix | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 |
| 32gb G Skill DDR5 6000C36 | EVGA SuperNova G6 1000 | 1TB Samsung 980/970 M.2s | 
Sennheiser DAC/AMP | Fractal Design Torrent | Arctic Liquid Freezer 420 | Asus PG278QR |
Sennheiser HD660s | Asus ROG Strix TKL | Logitech G502 Lightspeed |

kraade
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2369
Re: Game Ready Driver 496.49 has been released (DCH) 2021/10/31 18:56:32 (permalink)
ObscureEmpyre
kraade

Seems like the logical thing to do at this point. Hopefully Nvidia irons out the kinks in the near future. I’m sure they have their hands full with Win11 being a thing now, but still. It’d been a long time since I’d had to go back to an older drivers version, but now I’ve had to do it twice in the same month.

With Update 6 for MSFS 2020 I had a myriad of issues breaking all kinds of thing except my iracing. I decided to bite the bullet and do a clean windows install, there are multiple thing infiltrating from Win 11 the are getting put in that are not compatible with our current setups, I finally discovered the even though I am on Win 10 pro that TPM is required with the Win 11 stuff that is coming in . It was not ever the trouble codes that showed up either but it was causing all kind of issues. I installed this driver and ran Port royal and lost 2000 points, but hit reset and all is normal now, 14,207 on a hot card on default is about where I was , 

TPM you can enable in you MB bios under security
GloR1ouS_
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 897
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: Game Ready Driver 496.49 has been released (DCH) 2021/11/01 02:08:26 (permalink)
This driver has been very good for me so far. DCH vs Standard has no performance gain or performance loss. It's been tested with Ldat latency tools and shown no difference in performance or click latency.

My Setup
-ASUS PG259QN, XG248Q
-Lian Li 011 Dynamic
-MSI Z490 Meg Ace
-10900K 5.2GHZ

-Artic Freezer II 360MM
-16GB Viper 4400MHZ
-3080 TI Founders

-EVGA 750 P2

doggz1999
Re: Game Ready Driver 496.49 has been released (DCH) 2021/11/02 02:57:59 (permalink)
kraade
ObscureEmpyre
kraade

With Update 6 for MSFS 2020 I had a myriad of issues breaking all kinds of thing except my iracing. I decided to bite the bullet and do a clean windows install, there are multiple thing infiltrating from Win 11 the are getting put in that are not compatible with our current setups, I finally discovered the even though I am on Win 10 pro that TPM is required with the Win 11 stuff that is coming in . It was not ever the trouble codes that showed up either but it was causing all kind of issues. I installed this driver and ran Port royal and lost 2000 points, but hit reset and all is normal now, 14,207 on a hot card on default is about where I was , 

I installed windows 11 without the need for TPM + Secure boot but I noticed a lot of those features you mentioned in more recent updates. 
There is an option that shows up when installing Windows 11 which ask if you want to install with or without TPM+Secure Boot. 
From what I have read, Microsoft will likely continue to push for TPM as a requirement in the future. 
A lot of newer processors already can have TPM enabled if the motherboard manufacturer updates the bios to enable this function if it is not already an option.  
TPM along with secure boot seem to be the way things will go in the future. 
I already bought a USB keylock which I sort of like because now I don't have to use a password or pin to sign into windows and it supposedly will add more security to the system.
ObscureEmpyre
SSC Member
Re: Game Ready Driver 496.49 has been released (DCH) 2021/11/02 07:08:52 (permalink)
kraade
ObscureEmpyre
kraade

I’m still running 472.12 standard as well as Win10 Pro, and I also did a fresh Windows install a little over a month ago. Haven’t enabled Safe Boot though. Kind of tempted to add another SSD to my rig to play with Win11 to see if it makes any difference with these latest drivers.

JWhitton
  • Total Posts : 35
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: Game Ready Driver 496.49 has been released (DCH) 2021/11/03 22:42:26 (permalink)
Such unfortunate timing lol, I happen to install 496.49 right after installing my newly purchased EVGA 3060 Ti (via queue email) and was experiencing occasional flickering in the upper third of my main monitor, after various troubleshooting and trying another DP cable I thought maybe the card was bad and needed RMA but then found out 469.49 is causing flicker issues for some people according to geforce forums & reddit. (especially dual monitor setups)  I reverted back to 472.12 yesterday and haven't had any flickering since! 

Asus Prime Z370-A | i7 8700K | EVGA RTX 3060 Ti FTW3 Ultra | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 3200
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD | 2x Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | 4TB WD Black HDD
Dell D2719HGF  | Samsung 2333T

ZoranC
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1099
  • Ribbons : 16
Re: Game Ready Driver 496.49 has been released (DCH) 2021/11/04 01:09:23 (permalink)
JWhitton
Such unfortunate timing lol, I happen to install 496.49 right after installing my newly purchased EVGA 3060 Ti (via queue email) and was experiencing occasional flickering in the upper third of my main monitor, after various troubleshooting and trying another DP cable I thought maybe the card was bad and needed RMA but then found out 469.49 is causing flicker issues for some people according to geforce forums & reddit. (especially dual monitor setups)  I reverted back to 472.12 yesterday and haven't had any flickering since! 

When it comes to Nvidia drivers I feel it is case of "six of one, half a dozen of the other". With 496.49 I'm having rendering issues. When I installed 472.12 (based on all the praise in this thread) I got BSOD within few hours.
redteamgo
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 798
  • Ribbons : 3
Re: Game Ready Driver 496.49 has been released (DCH) 2021/11/05 19:35:44 (permalink)
To play Forza Horizon 5, the game made me update drivers to 496.49.  So far so good.

CPU:     Intel 12900K EK 1700 Quantum Mag Acetel
GPU:     EVGA 3090 KPHC
MB:      EVGA Z690 Dark
PSU:     EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 P+
Memory:  G.SKILL Z5 6600mhz XMP3
NVME:    Samsung 980 Pro Gen 4 1TB, Gen 3 970 1TB
Cooling: MO-RA3 420 P/P 8x200mm Noctua HS PWM, Dual D5
Case:    Fractal Design Define 7

MOD Rigs!!!
ckarlic
  • Total Posts : 16
Re: Game Ready Driver 496.49 has been released (DCH) 2021/11/07 06:42:35 (permalink)
Ok,  I noticed something strange happening.  I installed Driver 496.49 (Used DDU) and am coming from 472.12.  When the driver is installed everything works great.  I fire up Horizon 5 and with settings on Extreme I get smooth gameplay with 92FPS.  However, I noticed that when Precision X1 starts up, my frames drop to about 20FPS or less on all my games.  Not sure if X1 is the problem or not.  Im not sure if anyone else notices this.  Im on a RTX 3080 XC3 card.  I have been trying to figure this out for the last 2 days and dont know what else to try.  Driver works great right after the install but after I restart and X1 starts up on boot up my FPS goes to crap.  I am seeing this behavior even when I go back to 472.12 now.  
ObscureEmpyre
SSC Member
Re: Game Ready Driver 496.49 has been released (DCH) 2021/11/07 06:57:38 (permalink)
ckarlic
Ok,  I noticed something strange happening.  I installed Driver 496.49 (Used DDU) and am coming from 472.12.  When the driver is installed everything works great.  I fire up Horizon 5 and with settings on Extreme I get smooth gameplay with 92FPS.  However, I noticed that when Precision X1 starts up, my frames drop to about 20FPS or less on all my games.  Not sure if X1 is the problem or not.  Im not sure if anyone else notices this.  Im on a RTX 3080 XC3 card.  I have been trying to figure this out for the last 2 days and dont know what else to try.  Driver works great right after the install but after I restart and X1 starts up on boot up my FPS goes to crap.  I am seeing this behavior even when I go back to 472.12 now.  

Check the power slider in PX1. People have reported that it defaults to minimum power after installing the last couple of drivers. If it’s set to minimum, just drag the slider back up to 100% (or higher, if you had it higher). Don’t forget to click Apply.

ckarlic
  • Total Posts : 16
Re: Game Ready Driver 496.49 has been released (DCH) 2021/11/07 07:01:28 (permalink)
ObscureEmpyre
ckarlic

Check the power slider in PX1. People have reported that it defaults to minimum power after installing the last couple of drivers. If it’s set to minimum, just drag the slider back up to 100% (or higher, if you had it higher). Don’t forget to click Apply.

I will try that.  Even the hotfix did not fix my issue.  

Edit:  That was it.  I moved my power slider to 100.  Curious what is a safe temp to run the RTX 3080 on?  I have my temp setting at 83 in X1.

post edited by ckarlic - 2021/11/07 07:09:46
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
  • Total Posts : 18926
  • Ribbons : 58
Re: Game Ready Driver 496.49 has been released (DCH) 2021/11/07 07:23:14 (permalink)

Anyone know if this new driver is ok with BF2042 (early access)? I have 472.12 at present and have had some issues with crashing to desktop, but that was when I had the GPU clocked at 2.2GHz.. BF2042 apparently isn't well optimized at present. It's better when I drop the GPU clocks back to default. 

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile