EVGA

GTX 980 Ti and 5.25" Drive Bay with Front HDMI 2.0 and USB 3.0 - need help!

Author
Venoxur
  • Total Posts : 4
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2017/08/10 16:46:51 (permalink)
Hello.I bought a new video card in the store (GTX980 Ti EVGA VR Edition PCI-E 6144Mb (06G-P4-3998-K1)),the box was sealed, the video card is exactly new.But in the box I did not find 5.25" Drive Bay with Front HDMI 2.0 and USB 3.0...and I do not understand why??There are different versions of the 980ti almost not different from each other!I found a little information about this model in only one place,but this is not enough - evga.com/products/Specs/GPU.aspx?pn=8e4994f7-a884-4163-a000-e07388786c78
Thanks for the help!
post edited by Venoxur - 2017/08/10 16:53:53

7 Replies Related Threads

bob16314
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 8048
    • Ribbons : 761
    Re: GTX 980 Ti and 5.25" Drive Bay with Front HDMI 2.0 and USB 3.0 - need help! 2017/08/10 18:20:07 (permalink)
    Welcome to the forums..An EVGA GTX 980 Ti VR Edition should have came with that in the box..I would Contact EVGA or the store where you bought it from.

* Corsair Obsidian 450D Mid-Tower - Airflow Edition * ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC) * Intel i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz * 16GB G.SKILL Trident Z 4133MHz * Sabrent Rocket 1TB M.2 SSD * WD Black 500 GB HDD * Seasonic M12 II 750W * Corsair H115i Elite Capellix 280mm * EVGA GTX 760 SC * Win7 Home/Win10 Home * 

"Whatever it takes, as long as it works" - Me

Dr.Death
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1011
    • Ribbons : 9
    Re: GTX 980 Ti and 5.25" Drive Bay with Front HDMI 2.0 and USB 3.0 - need help! 2017/08/10 19:24:12 (permalink)
    and your sure you got that correct part number card ??     seeing how the 900 series are about phased out  and all that's left is left over old stock [first quality card ]   maybe some REFERBISHED  factory sealed cards that  some accessories  may be not included . take like newegg they only show to have 4 980ti left and 2 of them are referbs  and no EVGA cards in that line

I don't know what suffix  is used on that card but most end in RX for the referbed cards . , but then maybe the left over cards were boxed up as that in the end  .    maybe if not a trusted store you bought it from could have taken a return card and shirked wrapped  back up like factory to resell it as new ???

your pretty much stuck at contacting the store first  and then evga to see 

thing is evga don't even sell it if you just needed to buy it   so may not even be able to send one to you to satisfy  ???   900 series stuff is dropped like a hot potato when the 10 series came out . look at all the p[oor guys needing replacement hybrid pumps to find too bad so sad on that 

good luck 

OUCH !!   there proud of that HDMI mounted in the front drive  bay  , 40 bucks ???  ouch

https://www.amazon.com/Gigabyte-Extended-Front-Converter-GC-VRDISPLAY/dp/B01MRUNOPB

that's the ony one I found still for sale    at least giga still offers it  , I now see your point of it not being included in the box as it is stated by EVGA in THERE  specs on the VR cards 

I am surprised  no one offers a 5.25 or a front panel with HDMI   you can everything but HDMI on one of them , crazy

you think with the VR users it would be a tad bit poplar to have  now ??

post edited by Dr.Death - 2017/08/10 19:33:28
    Venoxur
    Re: GTX 980 Ti and 5.25" Drive Bay with Front HDMI 2.0 and USB 3.0 - need help! 2017/08/11 05:04:30 (permalink)
    bob16314
    Welcome to the forums..An should have came with that in the box..I would or the store where you bought it from.

Already wrote to tech support.GeForce GTX 980 Ti VR EDITION GAMING has model number 06G-P4-3998 and this box  ,my number is 06G-P4-3998-K1 and this box        ,VR EDITION it was called only in the store,but i have internal hdmi.On the box there is absolutely nothing indicated about the internal hdmi,in the picture there is a graphic card with three display ports,but I have two like VR edition.
    Venoxur
    Re: GTX 980 Ti and 5.25" Drive Bay with Front HDMI 2.0 and USB 3.0 - need help! 2017/08/11 05:26:09 (permalink)
    Dr.Death
    and your sure you got that correct part number card ??     seeing how the 900 series are about phased out  and all that's left is left over old stock [first quality card ]   maybe some REFERBISHED  factory sealed cards that  some accessories  may be not included . take like newegg they only show to have 4 980ti left and 2 of them are referbs  and no EVGA cards in that line

I don't know what suffix  is used on that card but most end in RX for the referbed cards . , but then maybe the left over cards were boxed up as that in the end  .    maybe if not a trusted store you bought it from could have taken a return card and shirked wrapped  back up like factory to resell it as new ???

your pretty much stuck at contacting the store first  and then evga to see 

thing is evga don't even sell it if you just needed to buy it   so may not even be able to send one to you to satisfy  ???   900 series stuff is dropped like a hot potato when the 10 series came out . look at all the p[oor guys needing replacement hybrid pumps to find too bad so sad on that 

good luck 

OUCH !!   there proud of that HDMI mounted in the front drive  bay  , 40 bucks ???  ouch

that's the ony one I found still for sale    at least giga still offers it  , I now see your point of it not being included in the box as it is stated by EVGA in THERE  specs on the VR cards 

I am surprised  no one offers a 5.25 or a front panel with HDMI   you can everything but HDMI on one of them , crazy

you think with the VR users it would be a tad bit poplar to have  now ??

Thanks for the help! I bought 980 ti now because it was much cheaper than 1070 (as you understand because of the mining), I urgently needed a normal video card. I wanted an external block because of the extra ports on the front panel, I do not have Head-mounted display.I'm sure of the store, it's very big and famous. On the box were seals, all the wires were in sealed bags. Sorry, my English is far from ideal), I did not understand this phrase "I now see your point of it not being included in the box as it is stated by EVGA in THERE specs on the VR cards" - where is it written that it is not included?Once again, sorry for my English.
    Dr.Death
    FTW Member
    Re: GTX 980 Ti and 5.25" Drive Bay with Front HDMI 2.0 and USB 3.0 - need help! 2017/08/12 14:16:34 (permalink)
    ''  I did not understand this phrase "I now see your point of it not being included in the box as it is stated by EVGA in THERE specs on the VR cards ''

it means

if you did not get the part in the box as advertised  and it was something you needed/ wanted or reason you bought that card  and now you have to do with out or go buy one at that 40 bucks it would be a disappointment   and see your point on concern

but it does state in the cards specs that part should be included in the box with the card 

Part Number: 06G-P4-3998-K1
    ''Key Features''

5.25" Drive Bay with Front HDMI 2.0 and USB 3.0

from
    https://www.evga.com/products/Specs/GPU.aspx?pn=8e4994f7-a884-4163-a000-e07388786c78

I guess if you press the point of it not being there in the box as factory sealed new   its up to evga to send you one if they feel it was a mistake from there factory when it was boxed up   or if they think your pulling a fast one to get a extra  5.2 bay from them at there expense ?

or rma to the store you bought it from as a missing included parts  and get them to exchange  ???

pretty sure being a 900 series and how things are here on them like with there hybrid pumps your just looking to be S.O.L on that deal  and will do with out   unless  its still offered with there 10 series cards and available  [seeing there not sold from evga store  still looks like tough luck on that ]

if its something you really don't or did not need then its a shrug your shoulders and move on and better luck next time ..
    Venoxur
    Re: GTX 980 Ti and 5.25" Drive Bay with Front HDMI 2.0 and USB 3.0 - need help! 2017/08/13 17:45:18 (permalink)
    Dr.Death
    ''  I did not understand this phrase "I now see your point of it not being included in the box as it is stated by EVGA in THERE specs on the VR cards ''

it means

if you did not get the part in the box as advertised  and it was something you needed/ wanted or reason you bought that card  and now you have to do with out or go buy one at that 40 bucks it would be a disappointment   and see your point on concern

but it does state in the cards specs that part should be included in the box with the card 

Part Number: 06G-P4-3998-K1
    ''Key Features''

5.25" Drive Bay with Front HDMI 2.0 and USB 3.0

from

I guess if you press the point of it not being there in the box as factory sealed new   its up to evga to send you one if they feel it was a mistake from there factory when it was boxed up   or if they think your pulling a fast one to get a extra  5.2 bay from them at there expense ?

or rma to the store you bought it from as a missing included parts  and get them to exchange  ???

pretty sure being a 900 series and how things are here on them like with there hybrid pumps your just looking to be S.O.L on that deal  and will do with out   unless  its still offered with there 10 series cards and available  [seeing there not sold from evga store  still looks like tough luck on that ]

if its something you really don't or did not need then its a shrug your shoulders and move on and better luck next time ..

Now I understand, thanks for the clarification.I found some pictures on different sites, the photo of the equipment is not present extra 5.2 bay.I also saw information on the site of ads on the sale of a used video card, there was no 5.25 drive bay on the photo, in the description there was no mention of extra bay.My opinion is that the K1 model does not come with extra 5.2 bay.And on the site in the card spec the information is incorrect.This model is therefore not called VR Edition,this GAMING (with Internal HDMI).Here are the photos:
    1) httpDELETE://web.archive.org/web/20170214200324/httpsDELETE://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=06G-P4-3998-K1
    2) httpDELETE://www.fumo-shop.com/geforce-gtx-980-ti-06g-p4-3998-k1.html
    3) httpsDELETE://www.tejar.pk/evga-geforce-gtx-980-ti-graphics-card 
    My store does not own any information regarding the equipment of this video card, I'll probably wait for what the tech support EVGA will tell me.
    post edited by Venoxur - 2017/08/13 17:53:21
    Dr.Death
    FTW Member
    Re: GTX 980 Ti and 5.25" Drive Bay with Front HDMI 2.0 and USB 3.0 - need help! 2017/08/14 10:45:30 (permalink)
    well good luck, and post back with your end result on this   if it got resolved or not
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile