EVGA

GTX 960 cooler problem

Author
Taldzen
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2017/05/05 16:18:02 (permalink)
I was playing Overwatch yesterday when i noticed a sudden drop in my frame rate, and after checking the GPU temperature (reached 95º celsius) i decided to take a look at the cooler and saw that it was "stuck".
Now, ive searched the web and couldnt find exactly the same problem that im having, basically what the cooler does is it starts spinning once the temp reaches 60º and then it suddenly gets "stuck", and so it moves back a bit and tries again, to get stuck again and bounce back once more. After the first time it gets stuck, this loop continues as long as the temp does not go down, but the card gets hot very quickly.
I am not sure if this is simply that the cooler need some lubricant maybe inside the rotator or if this is some other issue, because when i spin it with my hands (gently), or blow some air on it, it moves without issues.
The card is 1 year old, and it has not seen that much use since i have very little time to use the PC, so im kind of sad about it, i think im outside the warranty period, so any help i can get would be greatly appretiated.
Anyways, thanks!!

5 Replies Related Threads

Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49164
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: GTX 960 cooler problem 2017/05/05 16:33:42 (permalink)
    Sounds like you'll need to rma the card. You can check the warranty status of your gpu here.

What is the Guest RMA process and why does it help?

• No registration is required to submit a request.
    • Warranty submission is done through a simple online form without contacting tech support through the phone.
    • You know if you're under warranty right away, if you're under warranty you can submit an RMA.
    • You can work with EVGA's legendary tech support for troubleshooting if you wish, or you can skip and send your product in.
    Taldzen
    Re: GTX 960 cooler problem 2017/05/12 16:10:49 (permalink)
    The page hasnt worked all week, i go through all the steps and when i send the request i get an error like this:

Attached Image(s)

Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: GTX 960 cooler problem 2017/05/12 16:47:14 (permalink)
    Looks like you tried to do it today.

Special Announcement - Network Maintenance Yesterday

EVGA will be performing network maintenance on Friday, May 12th 2017. This will affect all EVGA services which may go offline periodically during this time.  Maintenance will start at 7:00 PM Pacific Time and is expected to last 6-8 hours.  We apologize for any inconvenience.

Try again later when the network maintenance is over.
    Taldzen
    Re: GTX 960 cooler problem 2017/05/12 16:56:41 (permalink)
    Ive seen that, no. I have been trying on multiple ocations since last week, on different days as well but it never worked. Used chrome and internet explorer as well, it seems to be down everytime i try it, maybe it was down all week? Or maybe i was just unlucky
    Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: GTX 960 cooler problem 2017/05/12 16:59:21 (permalink)
    Guess you'll need to have tech support check the warranty status on your card. https://www.evga.com/about/contactus/
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile