GTX 1070 Ti Black Edition Fan Noise

Author
abbasdr
  • Total Posts : 45
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2018/04/23 21:14:01 (permalink)
Hi,

I purchased EVGA GTX 1070 Ti SC GAMING3, 08G-P4-5671-KR, ACX 3.0 Black Edition recently. To say that I am disappointed with the card's fan noise would be an understatement. I also own 1070 iCX and a 1070 Asus Strix and they run pretty quiet.

The 1070 Ti Black's fan starts getting loud at over 50% (PWM) anything over 60% is just crazy loud. Anything over that seems the PC will take off.

I use the precision utility to keep the fan under control and off course I have to boot it with windows (hate that). During gaming or Heaven / 3DMark, If the Precision utility doesn't control the fan it ramps up to 60-65% with really loud fan noise, even though the temp is 70C or so. BTW This is the same setup / chassis the housed other cards mentioned above.

It has recent BIOS, as far as I know. I read if you tiinker with the BIOS you void your warranty. Honestly having used Asus Strix I am regretting this purchase :( 1070 iCX is quite and cool, which means that this ACX 3.0 was not a good buy, or there is something wrong with the quality of the fan thermal solutions used. EVGA 1070 iCX doesn't get recognized on one of my motherboard, while Strix runs fine, anyways that another story. Not happy with my recent EVGA cards.

Need help suggestions.

Thanks
post edited by abbasdr - 2018/05/22 05:30:28

1 Reply Related Threads

jadenseely
    • Total Posts : 2
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: GTX 1070 Ti Black Edition Fan Noise 2018/11/28 10:13:53 (permalink)
    Hello friend!

I too bought this same ACX 3.0 SC version card and find it too loud!

I had to install Precision X and make it boot with windows and save my settings. I don't let the fan go above 50% because it just gets so loud... but this is a tradeoff because the temps get to about 80-85C when under heavy load gaming. Not extremely hot but 95C is the max according to website.

Another option is to set the fan speed low and throttle the card earlier? But who wants to do that? We want to overclock these cards, not throttle them!

I was pretty disappointed in the noise level to be honest... I would rather have a little less mhz and a silent (or at least acceptable) gaming experience.

The framerates have been superb though so I can't complain.

Any other advice from any else would be awesome as well.

Thanks in advance!
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile