EVGA

GTX 1060 Audio Stuttering Crackling

Author
Cheekoo
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2020/01/31 05:04:33 (permalink)
I've been having an intermittent audio/stuttering/cracking/popping issue with my new GTX 1060 in Windows10 64bit for a month or so now. I've reached a dead end in my troubleshooting so am looking for any help.

Current specs are:
  • AsRock a68m-itx motherboard
  • AMD X4 845 Quad core
  • EVGA geforce GTX 1060 3G
  • 8Gb 1333MHz DDR3
Connected via HDMI/Display port/DVI to TV or monitor.

During normal windows usage browsing internet/watching videos/ listening to music/gaming there are frequent audio stuttering/cracking. It almost sounds like the speakers are popping maxing out. But I know that's not the case, happens on any monitor. The issue happens 100% without fail when windows UAC prompt shows up when running any application as Admin.

Have tried multiple HDMI, Display port and DVI cables. the Issue remains. 

Onboard Audio from the motherboard or headphones works fine and has no issue. This only happens when audio is coming through the graphics card to the monitor/screen.

Latest drivers 441.87 are installed. Have then removed all other sound devices and drivers and ensured that only Nvidia High Definition Audio is the only Sound device. Still issue remains. 

Complete fresh re-install of Windows, with default drivers the issue is present. Re-installed latest GPU drivers 441.87 and the issue still is happening. 

Have swapped to my old GTX 750 Ti and the issues goes away, no audio stutter. Return to 1060 and audio issues return. So everything looks to be pointing to this 1060 being at fault. It's a very new GPU just installed in Christmas so I don't believe that to be the case. 

Any assistance anyone is able to provide would be greatly appreciated. 

1 Reply Related Threads

Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49164
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: GTX 1060 Audio Stuttering Crackling 2020/01/31 13:02:37 (permalink)
    Sounds like rma time.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile