GPU Price Hikes (Again)

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Brad_Hawthorne
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 23174
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 39
Re: GPU Price Hikes (Again) 2021/04/07 23:03:32 (permalink)
I think a lot of it is just the hardware cartels finding a new angle to price fix with. It's my belief that a lot of this is 1/4th truth shrouded by 3/4ths nonsense. The best lies are partially truthful. Either way, they're getting their money.
Xavier Zepherious
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 6746
  • Ribbons : 16
Re: GPU Price Hikes (Again) 2021/04/12 05:55:05 (permalink)
Global chip crisis is causing a 60-week delay in new router orders

https://www.techspot.com/...60-week-delay-new.html

Primes found     Affiliate Code:YN2AHK39LH

Bobmitch
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 8328
  • Ribbons : 47
Re: GPU Price Hikes (Again) 2021/04/12 06:21:51 (permalink)
Car dealers are running out of new cars to sell.  Prices of pre-owned are soaring...

MSI MAG X670-E Tomahawk;  Ryzen 7 7800X3D; Asus TUF RTX 4070 TI OC; Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 PSU; 32 GB  Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 RGB; Corsair iCue Link H150i RGB 360MM AIO; 2-Western Digital Black 4 TB SN850X NVMe; Creative SoundBlaster Z;  ;  Lian Li Lancool III;  EVGA Z15; Razer Viper 8K Mouse

RGB Keyboard; and Razer Viper 8K Mouse
Heatware:  http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=72402    Affiliate code: 1L2RV0BNQ6                                          
Associate Code:  UD82LJP3Y1FIQPR

dragomirc
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 760
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: GPU Price Hikes (Again) 2021/04/12 07:33:53 (permalink)
Corporate greed would give a devil to manufacture (even the top notch technology products) in order to make a bigger profit.
Now we all had to pay a price for that.
atfrico
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 12753
  • Ribbons : 25
Re: GPU Price Hikes (Again) 2021/04/12 16:47:01 (permalink)
Every component having shipping distribution what a hippie coincidence🙄

Those who abuse power, are nothing but scumbags! The challenge of power is how to use it and not abuse it. The abuse of power that seems to create the most unhappiness is when a person uses personal power to get ahead without regards to the welfare of others, people are obsessed with it. You can take a nice person and turn them into a slob, into an insane being, craving power, destroying anything that stands in their way.

Affiliate Code: 3T15O1S07G
GTXJackBauer
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10323
  • Ribbons : 48
Re: GPU Price Hikes (Again) 2021/04/12 17:00:49 (permalink)
Brad_Hawthorne
I think a lot of it is just the hardware cartels finding a new angle to price fix with. It's my belief that a lot of this is 1/4th truth shrouded by 3/4ths nonsense. The best lies are partially truthful. Either way, they're getting their money.

Exactly my thinking and not a single thing will be done about it.  This has been going on for how long now?  First it was 'state of the art facility fires' one after the other like clock work just in time for a price hike, than it was blackouts and now it's, we shouldn't have decreased productions and stopped building more fabs prior but whoops, the excuse will be blamed on rona even though the auto industry has been screaming about this decade being all about EVs along with the increased demands across the board as if they didn't think this was coming.

The much smaller custom gaming niche community will take a beating till they submit to consoles.

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
Xavier Zepherious
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: GPU Price Hikes (Again) 2021/04/13 10:08:21 (permalink)
China imported a record $35.9 billion worth of semiconductors in March amid global chip shortages

With the threat of being cut off from American companies, firms in China are stockpiling chips, a practice exacerbating the global shortage issues that have already reached crisis levels.

https://www.techspot.com/...uctors-march-amid.html

Xavier Zepherious
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: GPU Price Hikes (Again) 2021/04/13 20:42:37 (permalink)
NVIDIA Confirms That The Majority of PC Gamers Won’t Be Able To Buy A Gaming Graphics Card This Year, Shortages To Persist Throughout 2021

NVIDIA has issued a new statement on the ongoing gaming GPU shortages which confirms that it will be hard for gamers to get their hands on brand new gaming graphics cards till next year. The company's CFO, Colette Kress, stated this during NVIDIA's annual investors day earlier this week & well, 2021 can't get any worse for PC gamers.

NVIDIA Says That GPU Demand Will Continue To Exceed Supply For Much of 2021 Making It Hard For PC Gamers To Find A Brand New Graphics Card

Ever since the launch of the GeForce RTX 30 series, NVIDIA & its CEO, Jensen Huang, has issued multiple statements regarding the persistent GPU shortages. The company stated that shipping and logistics along with shortages of components are resulting in poor supply for their next-gen graphics cards, resulting in price hikes by various retailers.
To make matter worse, the crypto boom has resulted in miners gobbling up large quantities of gaming graphics cards leaving dust for actual PC gamers.

The largest contributing factors to the low supply are the lack of raw materials, outsourcing, the pandemic, and the revival of the crypto craze. Another factor that isn't affecting the supply, but is affecting the price is the lack of tariff exemptions. This has even led hardware manufactures to raise the prices of their components.

The first three factors can all be combined because resources and outsourcing go hand in hand. The pandemic has limited the production process. NVIDIA is a fabless semiconductor developer meaning that they do not have the capacity to produce their own cards on a mass scale. In order to make the cards, NVIDIA outsources the production of the graphics card to TSMC and Samsung. The lack of raw materials to manufacture the cards goes further up the supply chain. 
“We expect demand to continue to exceed supply for much of this year,” CFO Colette Kress said during Nvidia's annual investors day on Monday.
“Our operations team is agile and executing fantastically. We expect our supplies to increase as the year progresses,” she added.
NVIDIA Via PCMag

NVIDIA did launch countermeasures to revert a portion of the supply back in the hands of PC gamers in the form of limiting crypto hash rate on its new gaming graphics cards & launching crypto mining dedicated CMP series GPUs but that didn't work in NVIDIA's favor. Not only were miners able to bypass the hash rate limit but the CMP cards currently listed on retail are priced ridiculously high and don't deliver the same benefits as a gaming graphics card does.
For example, the CMP cards feature a 3-month warranty compared to a full 3-year warranty which the gaming graphics cards do. Furthermore, the CMP cards don't offer the mining value as GPUs do. Even the older GeForce cards output a much higher hash rate compared to the CMP cards at a lower price. However, NVIDIA recently increased its CMP mining GPU revenue estimate by $100 Million which means that there are indeed large orders being made by miners for CMP offerings.

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-gpu-shortages-persist-throughout-2021-hard-for-pc-gamers-to-buy-new-gaming-graphics-card/

--------------------------------------

i said 6Qs before things improve

and why the heck overprice the CMP cards higher than graphic cards (considering they have poorer hash rates than gpus) and rather than the cheaper prices (and can mine at full- its hacked - and eth changing alg) video cards - what a dumb move

cheaper CMP cards - cheaper than the video cards...otherwise i might as well get the GPU - better warranty too...cmp is 3 months vs 3yrs for GPU
and make sure the CMP card mine  better than gpu then - miners will move to the cmp cards

case in point

Gigabyte NVIDIA CMP 30HX Cryptocurrency Mining GPU Listed Online - Over $700 US Price & 3 Month Warranty

The RTX 3060 when available at retail for $329 offers near-equal mining performance while the hash rate limiter is on. When the hash rate limiter is off, the 3060 gets around 50 MH/s which is almost double that of the CMP 30HX.

duh!!! no brainer - which would you buy the cheaper and better card with better warranty or the CMP?

the only reason to buy the CMP cards is because there is no GPU supply at all

getting something to mine with is better than nothing

post edited by Xavier Zepherious - 2021/04/13 22:07:25

Xavier Zepherious
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: GPU Price Hikes (Again) 2021/04/15 05:27:05 (permalink)
TSMC warns chip shortage to continue

But profits up
TSMC said that while it is doing all it can to increase productivity and alleviate a worldwide chip shortage, tight supplies will likely continue into next year.

Speaking before very thirsty hacks and consultants at an earnings briefing, Vice President and Chief Financial Officer Wendell Huang said the company was expanding capacity and working to keep pricing reasonable.
The comments come after the Taiwanese firm reported a 19.4 percent rise in first-quarter profit, beating market expectations on strong chip demand amid a global shift to home working.
TSMC, whose clients include Apple and Qualcomm had already flagged "multiple years of growth opportunities" as the COVID-19 pandemic fuelled demand for advanced chips to power devices such as smartphones and laptops.
Its business was boosted by the chip shortage that initially forced automakers to cut production and also hurt manufacturers of smartphones, laptops, and even appliances.
On Thursday, TSMC said it expects the chip shortage for its auto clients to be significantly reduced from the next quarter.
Huang said: "Moving into second quarter 2021, we expect our revenue to be flattish, as HPC-related demand will continue to grow, offset by smartphone seasonality."
TSMC's net profit for January-March hit $4.93 billion, which was up on Wall Street's cocaine nose jobs predicated.
TSMC said this month it plans to invest $100 billion over the next three years to increase capacity at its plants, days after Intel announced a $20 billion plan to expand its advanced chip making capacity.

https://www.fudzilla.com/...p-shortage-to-continue

PC sales up 50 percent thanks to home working

The latest data from research firm Canalys shows continued strength in the worldwide PC market in the first quarter of 2021, with shipments of desktops and notebooks, including workstations, up 55 percent year on year.

Though this growth rate was buoyed by a weak Q1 2020, total shipments of 82.7 million units is still impressive and the highest Q1 shipment number since 2012.
Backlogs on orders from 2020, particularly for notebooks, were a key driver, though new demand is also a factor as smaller businesses begin their recoveries.
Shipments of notebooks and mobile workstations increased 79 percent year on year to reach 67.8 million units.
Desktops improved slightly at the start of 2021 after a string of poor quarters in 2020, with the level of shipment decline easing. Shipments of desktop and desktop workstations fell five percent year on year to 14.8 million units.

The strong recovery from a weak Q1 2020 saw all top five vendors achieve double digit year on year shipment growth. Lenovo maintained pole position in the PC market, securing a 25 percent market share and posting a year-on-year increase of 61 percent, with shipments of 20.4 million units. HP, spurred by solid Chromebook shipments, came second with total shipments of 19.2 million units, a 64 percent increase in Q1 2020.

https://www.fudzilla.com/news/pc-hardware/52694-pc-sales-up-50-per-cent-thanks-to-home-working

and you wonder why there are shortages
post edited by Xavier Zepherious - 2021/04/15 05:33:06

atfrico
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: GPU Price Hikes (Again) 2021/04/15 09:17:26 (permalink)
They can keep posting lies. I dont care at this point. How can you make profits with shortage?
Charging higher prices sure but the shortage should mean no profit.
Thank you for posting this. I found a good content to use and pick up my girl's dog' doo doo with😁

Those who abuse power, are nothing but scumbags! The challenge of power is how to use it and not abuse it. The abuse of power that seems to create the most unhappiness is when a person uses personal power to get ahead without regards to the welfare of others, people are obsessed with it. You can take a nice person and turn them into a slob, into an insane being, craving power, destroying anything that stands in their way.

213NSX
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 137
Re: GPU Price Hikes (Again) 2021/04/15 15:06:42 (permalink)
atfrico
They can keep posting lies. I dont care at this point. How can you make profits with shortage?
Thank you for posting this. I found a good content to use and pick up my girl's dog' doo doo with😁

LOL okay bro. 

I work with Intel, Nvidia and have for years. I've also been a signifcant shareholder forever. You're pretty far off-base here. But, thank YOU for posting your post, I fond a good content to use and pick up my girl's dog' doo doo with :) haha
Jhenke
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 107
Re: GPU Price Hikes (Again) 2021/04/15 22:28:09 (permalink)
Seems to me mining is the main problem, we can dream of a crypto crash and a flood of 3000 series GPUs in the market under MSRP. Seems inflation could also be the main reason for this crypto boom, unless the fed raises rates soon we probably will see prices continue.
atfrico
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: GPU Price Hikes (Again) 2021/04/15 23:33:07 (permalink)
213NSX
atfrico

LOL okay bro. 

I work with Intel, Nvidia and have for years. I've also been a signifcant shareholder forever. You're pretty far off-base here. But, thank YOU for posting your post, I fond a good content to use and pick up my girl's dog' doo doo with :) haha

You have the inside scoop of what is going on, good, but at this point, throughout world history, past and present, have taught me a lesson: lies, deception and hiding the truth have a expiration date.
Don't be surprised to see a mob going overseas to hijack a boat carrying a load of GPUs.
We every action (good or bad) always bring and opposite or equal reaction (consequences), just saying

Hoggle
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 10101
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: GPU Price Hikes (Again) 2021/04/16 02:51:29 (permalink)
I just wonder what all this means for the generation. It seems like most of this generation it will be hard to get a new RTX3000 series card and so I can't see the problem being solved and then NVIDIA going it's time for a RTX4000 to start the supply shortage again. It makes me wonder if this generation will last longer then normal like we saw with the 1080 when the mining craze made them impossible to find and the generation lasted longer then normal.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

Ethrem
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 139
Re: GPU Price Hikes (Again) 2021/04/16 09:25:28 (permalink)
Hoggle
I just wonder what all this means for the generation. It seems like most of this generation it will be hard to get a new RTX3000 series card and so I can't see the problem being solved and then NVIDIA going it's time for a RTX4000 to start the supply shortage again. It makes me wonder if this generation will last longer then normal like we saw with the 1080 when the mining craze made them impossible to find and the generation lasted longer then normal.

I think it depends on AMD. Now that AMD is actually competitive again, Nvidia won’t be able to milk it as long unless AMD milks it too. Remember how hilariously behind AMD was... Vega 64 was a dumpster fire.
phantomshroom
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 124
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: GPU Price Hikes (Again) 2021/04/16 16:39:20 (permalink)
Monoprice used to have decent, low prices on tons of stuff but it now appears that they too are price gouging a wee bit for 3060/3070/3090 GPUs. Way over MSRP but they do have tons in stock right now.
https://www.monoprice.com...o-graphics-cards-(gpu)
529th
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 622
Re: GPU Price Hikes (Again) 2021/04/17 04:47:15 (permalink)
As of April 17th, 2021
$2499.99  (local brick and mortar) for a power color RX 6900 XT Ultimate.  They have 10 in stock this morning.. also have other RX 6900 XT models like 3 liquid cooled for $2059.99, and a normal model, i think it's a normal model, 8 in stock for $1819.99

EDIT: I paid nowhere near those prices for my 1070FE

post edited by 529th - 2021/04/17 04:50:05
Ethrem
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 139
Re: GPU Price Hikes (Again) 2021/04/17 08:49:12 (permalink)
phantomshroom
Monoprice used to have decent, low prices on tons of stuff but it now appears that they too are price gouging a wee bit for 3060/3070/3090 GPUs. Way over MSRP but they do have tons in stock right now.
https://www.monoprice.com...o-graphics-cards-(gpu)

One thing you can say about them is they seem to have priced them high enough that most of them stay perpetually in stock......
Miguell
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1112
Re: GPU Price Hikes (Again) 2021/04/18 03:41:17 (permalink)
cartels or not.
its getting ridiculous..

shortages everywhere and ludicrous price practice.

Case: Cooler Master Stacker 830
Display: 32" AOC Q3279VWFD8 @2560x1440@75Hz
Cpu: Intel Core i7-8700
Cpu Cooler: Cooler Master - MasterLiquid ML120L - RGB
Mobo: Asus ROG Strix Z390-H Gaming
Vga: Asus Dual RTX 4060 Ti 16GB Advanced Edition
Ram: 32GB DDR4  G.SKILL - RIPJAWS V @3200Mhz
Sound: Hama uRage soundZbar 2.1 Unleashed  - (Optical)
Storage: 500GB SSD M.2 A2000  NVMe  Kingston (OS) + 8TB (4+4) HDD X300 Toshiba (Data)
Psu: SeaSonic M12 700W
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile