EVGA

Helpful ReplyForgot to print out Step 5 out of 5 email attachment

Author
itsXander
  • Total Posts : 5
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2021/03/25 00:49:44 (permalink)
Hi, I recently sent out my card as Step 5/5 in the Step-Up process. I realize now that I didn't print out the .pdf attached to the email, but all of the info necessary was still attached to the box. Return address, send address, RMA#, and as far as I know that's all that's needed. Will this cause any problems?

Shipping from Canada, so it was a bit pricey, and I'm worried it will cause issues.

Thank you in advance

(Sorry, I accidentally posted this in General Discussion before)
itsXander
Re: Forgot to print out Step 5 out of 5 email attachment 2021/03/25 12:29:24 (permalink)
EVGATech_ChristianJ
No worries at all. There may be a small 1-2 day delay, but we will scan the serial number on the card if you did not include the paper.

That's a relief. I followed all the other steps to a T, so here's hoping to that 3070 FTW3 in 2 weeks or so! 🤞
Jack-Rabbit
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 163
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: Forgot to print out Step 5 out of 5 email attachment 2021/03/27 18:21:14 (permalink)
I printed 2 put one on the exterior of the box and one in with the card itself.

itsXander
Re: Forgot to print out Step 5 out of 5 email attachment 2021/03/29 17:24:54 (permalink)
It made its way there, and was received with no issue it seems, estimated ship-out date is April 1st. Woo!
fraxcat
  • Total Posts : 7
Re: Forgot to print out Step 5 out of 5 email attachment 2021/03/30 12:25:32 (permalink)
I just realized that I did this as well. Wonderful. :\ My cards are also flagged as received as of today, ship date for the news ones of 4/2, but I suppose now it will probably be more like 4/5. Awesome.

A suggestion for your future customers....you guys should say *in the email* to print out the PDF. The email itself says nothing about it, nor about printing it out. It's not entirely obvious for those of us that don't typically send **** in email that there's a critical PDF attached. I'm not generally looking in Gmail for the stupid paperclip marker. Had the email stated to open and print the PDF, instead of the PDF TELLING YOU TO PRINT THE PDF, WHICH YOU WOULD NEVER KNOW WITHOUT OPENING SAID PDF.....this could all be avoided and save you guys, and us, a bunch of headaches.

Here's the  text of the step 5 emails I got, with my personal info and RMA/serial numbers removed...nothing anywhere in here about that pesky PDF:

Your RMA number for Step-Up is valid for 14 days. If you require more time to send in your product to EVGA then please contact EVGA Customer Service at 888.881.3842.
RMA Number: 
  • Product Serial Number: 
  • Original Part Number: 08G-P4-3173-KB - EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC ULTRA, OVERCLOCKED, 2.75 Slot Extreme Cool Dual, 70C Gaming, RGB, Metal Backplate, 08G-P4-3173-KB, 8GB GDDR6

How to return your product:
Your product MUST be returned undamaged and in its factory condition. If you have modified your product it may delay your Step-Up from processing and you may be assessed a service fee to restore the product to factory condition as indicated under our . Physically damaged products are not covered by warranty.
-Please send in all your accessories with your original product- excluding CD, Manual, T-Shirts, Posters or promotional games.
It is recommended to install the CPU Socket cover on all motherboard returns prior to shipping to protect the socket. Damage is not covered under warranty

Shipping your product in:
  • Please ship your original product in a well packed sturdy box. Pack your product with at least 2" of packing material on all sides to ensure no damage is caused during transit. EVGA recommends purchasing insurance on your package with the courier of your choice in case it is damaged or lost in transit.
  • Do not send your product in using a padded envelope or padded bag. It will be automatically rejected.
  • Write your RMA Number on the outside of the shipping box where it clearly can be read.
  • Send your product to:RMA#:
    EVGA RMA Department
    408 Saturn Street
    Brea, CA 92821
    USA
EVGA does not offer DROP-OFF or WILL CALL services for any RMA.

EVGA will ship your Step-Up within 1-3 Business Days of receiving your original product to the following address based on your account information. If the address below is not correct, or if you need to update it for any reason, you can change the address on and it will automatically update in our system.
This must be done BEFORE your original product is received for the change to take effect for this Step-Up
Your Step-Up will ship to:

Step-Up product shipping method: UPS Ground
Once a Step-Up ships, you will receive an emailed tracking number on the ship date after 6PM PST.
Please visit our step-up FAQ here for any additional details regarding the Step-Up Program:

If you have any questions, or require assistance, please contact our Customer Service Department by or by toll-free phone at: 1-888-881-EVGA (3842).
itsXander
Re: Forgot to print out Step 5 out of 5 email attachment 2021/03/30 12:50:16 (permalink)
fraxcat
I just realized that I did this as well. Wonderful. :\ My cards are also flagged as received as of today, ship date for the news ones of 4/2, but I suppose now it will probably be more like 4/5. Awesome.

FWIW, I had a super speedy process. Shipped from Canada on 23rd, card arrived 8am on the 29th, processed at 12pm on the 29th, and my new card was shipped out at 5pm on the 29th. Now, it's scheduled to deliver today (though as the day goes on I get a bit more wary...), so don't necessarily think it'll be a huge delay. :)
fraxcat
  • Total Posts : 7
Re: Forgot to print out Step 5 out of 5 email attachment 2021/03/30 13:31:35 (permalink)
Yeah, it's not the end of the world or anything, but if they want those things in or on the box when we return cards, a small tweak to that email seems like it would eliminate a lot of us just flat out missing it.  This is what I like to call a "big company issue".....where some little tiny change in a process or procedure that could make a substantial impact goes un-implemented for long periods of time because there's so much bureaucracy around getting changes to these things approved. I'm sure it's probably much the same for the EVGA guys that post on here as it is for me in my job, so I understand if this has been brought up before.

Sometimes you have to treat the customer like they're 3 years old, because we're all a little dumb sometimes, and especially right now with a lot of people suffering the after-effects of COVID (myself included), we're all a little dumber than usual!
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile