EVGA

Flow Control - Wrong Readings CPU Temp ?

Author
Qu4k3r
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2018/07/28 19:08:30 (permalink)
Hi everybody.

Three days ago I finally instaled an EVGA CLC120 that I won at Rewind Reward SuperClocked CPU Cooler Contest! I'd like to say thanks a lot to Eddie Huerta from evga team for helping me out in the shipping process. However I've notice that flow control shows wrong readings of cpu temp from time to time as you can see on the attached files.

How did I install it? The pump is connected to "Cpu Fan 1" header of my motherboard (asrock 970 extreme4). Cpu fan 1 header is set to "Full On" at the bios. The fan provided with the radiator is connected to one of the cables labeled "to Fan" out from the pump. The usb cable is connected to an usb 2.0 header of the motherboard. CCVI device and asetek driver are properly installed.

I'm very happy with the performance of this AIO WC. According to aida64 cpu temp never goes over 55ºC under load using prime95, so it keeps my cpu (fx-6300 @ stock) cool and it's silent. However Flow Control sometimes shows cpu temp that matches to aida64 cpu-diode temp, HWMonitor cpu package temp, and core temp monitor software. I mean aida64 cpu-diode temp, HWMonitor cpu package temp, and core temp software, they are all synchronized and shows the same reading always. But but the most of time Flow Control cpu temp reading is fluctuating a lot.

I've tried to fix it by connecting the pump at three different usb 2.0 headers but no succeed. Also tried downgrading from flow control 2.0.8 to 2.0.7 to 2.0.5 but no succeed neither. After uninstalling any version of flow control also did a registry cleaning. I want to make clear I'm not complaining about it, it's just an observation. And I'd like to know if there are any reported or known issue like this. Fortunately I'm using fan curve for coolant.

Any idea, suggestion, comment... always welcome!
Thanks ;)
post edited by Qu4k3r - 2018/07/29 05:58:48

Attached Image(s)

3 Replies Related Threads

CorexIsKing
    • Total Posts : 1
    Re: Flow Control - Wrong Readings CPU Temp ? 2018/09/25 05:19:21 (permalink)
    Hey Budd,

I am sitting with the same issue, all other programs shows the correct CPU temp but flow control is getting incorrect data from the sensors, Cause if you check the Temp in the Bios you will see it matches with the flow control program on the desktop, i am currently using a Asrock x399 Taichi with Ryzen 7. I think it could be a fault in the Bios coding for reading incorrect heat temps from sensors or the programs we have been using is not compatible with water cooling system therefore not giving any proper readings.

EVGA please advise?
    bcavnaugh
    The Crunchinator
    • Total Posts : 38977
    • Ribbons : 282
    Re: Flow Control - Wrong Readings CPU Temp ? 2018/09/25 09:14:45 (permalink)
    All AMD Ryzen 7 CPU's have this issue with any and all software and OS.
    While some Software (AIDA64 Extreme) have set to -20 that shows in their Software the MB still will show +20C
    Why AMD cannot get this right is anyone's guess.
    Second issue with Ryzen 7 is the two different Sensors a CPU and a CPU Diode.
    Like on my MSI they never corrected the Bios to show the correct CPU Temp on their Motherboard.
    This issue is also a problem for Corsair and their AIO CPU Coolers and Software.
    AMD really needs to get their Chipset Software Drivers Fixed as well to help with this Issue.

@Qu4k3r
    You should update your CoreTemp 1.12.1 (64 Bit Version as Well) Link to better support the new AMD CPU's
    AIDA64 Extreme is the only Good Know Tool that can read the AMD CPU Temps Both of them.                                    
    download.aida64.com

Good info can also be found on their Forum https://forums.aida64.com/
    post edited by bcavnaugh - 2018/09/25 09:29:50

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

Aponos
    • Total Posts : 3
    Re: Flow Control - Wrong Readings CPU Temp ? 2019/05/22 18:04:13 (permalink)
    Thanx a lot guys cuase i have the wrong temp reading issues.
    Ryzen 2700X on MSI Gaming mobo.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile