EVGA

Flashing screen after driver uptdate

Author
merrick97
  • Total Posts : 41
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2021/06/13 20:45:46 (permalink)
I have a problem that is pissing me off to know end because I am unable to put an end to it and have no clue how to diagnose what is causing it.  It happens without fail every time I update my device driver.  EVERY. DAMN. TIME.  I am starting to think that I have a bad 2080 Ti, which really sucks because if it is broken then its not really replaceable.  

I have tried NUMEROUS clean installations using DDU, so please don't suggest that. 

Whenever I boot the system, I get occasions where I can sign into Windows, but the desktop will not load, but I get a black screen where the taskbar flashes.  I can't do anything, but press the reset button.  Then the system usually works as normal and for the most part I can go on about my day and be fine.  Nevertheless, I have gotten fed up with it because I can't put a stop to it.

I am wondering if Eset, Xbox App and nvidia drivers aren't playing nice.  As I have another issue and it's unknown if these two are related where sometimes the system won't fully load.  It's very obvious when it happens, when there is a line through the Onedrive. 

4 Replies Related Threads

atfrico
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 12753
    • Ribbons : 25
    Re: Flashing screen after driver uptdate 2021/06/13 21:14:59 (permalink)
    The first thing I would suggest is to unplug the LAN cable before you are uninstalling the Nvidia drivers. Do you use Nvidia HD Audio drivers? if you do, you uninstall these first, restart and uninstall the Nvidia Graphics drivers.
    The only time you plug the LAN cable back when the new drivers are installed.

Those who abuse power, are nothing but scumbags! The challenge of power is how to use it and not abuse it. The abuse of power that seems to create the most unhappiness is when a person uses personal power to get ahead without regards to the welfare of others, people are obsessed with it. You can take a nice person and turn them into a slob, into an insane being, craving power, destroying anything that stands in their way.

Affiliate Code: 3T15O1S07G
    merrick97
    Re: Flashing screen after driver uptdate 2021/06/13 23:04:11 (permalink)
    atfrico
    The first thing I would suggest is to unplug the LAN cable before you are uninstalling the Nvidia drivers. Do you use Nvidia HD Audio drivers? if you do, you uninstall these first, restart and uninstall the Nvidia Graphics drivers.
    The only time you plug the LAN cable back when the new drivers are installed.

I do this every time.
    merrick97
    Re: Flashing screen after driver uptdate 2021/06/16 07:03:46 (permalink)
    I am looking at the event viewer and I am still not getting any answers. 
    Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49167
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: Flashing screen after driver uptdate 2021/06/16 14:33:55 (permalink)
    Does a driver from 6 months ago produce the same issue?
    Does the issue occur over all outputs on the gpu?
    Does a clean install of windows help?
    Does the card do the same in a different computer?
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile