Nightdive Studios Releases System Shock 2: Enhanced Edition First Look Trailer

Author
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102291
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 84
2023/05/20 01:11:28 (permalink)
https://www.techpowerup.com/308864/nightdive-studios-releases-system-shock-2-enhanced-edition-first-look-trailer

System Shock 2: Enhanced Edition was created with the goal of reverse engineering the original code to port SS2 (1999) to the KEX Engine and made available on next-generation consoles for the first time. Nightdive Studios has also partnered with the systemshock.org community to integrate all the best mods and updates. All cinematics, textures, characters and weapon models have been updated, and the Co-Op Multiplayer has been overhauled to create a seamless experience.

"Remember, it is my will that guided you here. It is my will that gave you your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call a body. If you value that meat... you will do as I tell you." The cult classic sci-fi horror FPS-RPG has returned...

You awake from the cold chill of your cryo-tube to discover cybernetic implants grafted to your flesh and the crew of the starship Von Braun slaughtered. The infected roam the halls, their screams and moans beckoning you to join them as the rogue artificial intelligence known as SHODAN taunts and ridicules your feeble attempt to unravel the horrifying mystery of the derelict starship Von Braun.

I'm not impressed with the visuals. This is a work in progress so hopefully the graphics will improve. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

1 Reply Related Threads

Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10102
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Nightdive Studios Releases System Shock 2: Enhanced Edition First Look Trailer 2023/05/20 02:59:58 (permalink)
    I agree that I am not that impressed with the graphics. I understand that they want to pay homage to the originals looks, but I feel that after playing Resident Evil remakes it's really hard to look at that and feel like they made the right move. Then again I also played the Quake remake and really it looks just like I remember it and works so who knows what fans will really be happy with. I guess part of it is how big the fan base of System Shock 2 who are still gaming. 

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile