EVGA

AnsweredHot!(Resolved) Precision X1 V1.3.7 - cannot disable OSD

Author
derelict0
  • Total Posts : 4
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2023/05/10 07:53:49 (permalink)
This issue just appeared over past couple of days; I was previously able to turn off the OSD in various games, but that option is no longer present, and other options don't work either.

I'm playing Torchlight II (Steam version), have been playing for about a week, but yesterday the EVGA X1 OSD popped up, and now I cannot get rid of it.
I *can* change the OSD color, so I know EVGA X1 is generating it, but the option to turn it off is no longer present in Setup.
I also tried setting keys for 'Hide OSD hotkey' and 'Show OSD hotkey', and hit Apply, then restarted the game, but neither of those keys do anything, and I just cannot get rid of it...
For now, I've set the OSD size to 1, which at least gets it out of my way, but would prefer to just turn it off...

Later note:
Well, I just went back to the game, and the OSD is now absent... I don't know what is going on, maybe key commands take awhile to take effect??  Anyway, I'm content for now, though it would be better to just have a 'disable OSD' option in the Setup menu again...

edit by Cool GTX Resolved added to title
post edited by Cool GTX - 2023/05/10 13:20:30
Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 30978
  • Ribbons : 122
Re: Precision X1 V1.3.7 - cannot disable OSD 2023/05/10 09:05:12 (permalink) ☼ Best Answerby derelict0 2023/05/10 09:17:53
derelict0
This issue just appeared over past couple of days; I was previously able to turn off the OSD in various games, but that option is no longer present, and other options don't work either.

I'm playing Torchlight II (Steam version), have been playing for about a week, but yesterday the EVGA X1 OSD popped up, and now I cannot get rid of it.
I *can* change the OSD color, so I know EVGA X1 is generating it, but the option to turn it off is no longer present in Setup.
I also tried setting keys for 'Hide OSD hotkey' and 'Show OSD hotkey', and hit Apply, then restarted the game, but neither of those keys do anything, and I just cannot get rid of it...
For now, I've set the OSD size to 1, which at least gets it out of my way, but would prefer to just turn it off...

Later note:
Well, I just went back to the game, and the OSD is now absent... I don't know what is going on, maybe key commands take awhile to take effect??  Anyway, I'm content for now, though it would be better to just have a 'disable OSD' option in the Setup menu again...

Welcome to the EVGA Forums & Congrats on your first thread

It might just be a steam or browser cache issue? 

Did you download the Steam version of X1 or the Full standalone version?

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

derelict0
Re: Precision X1 V1.3.7 - cannot disable OSD 2023/05/10 09:21:20 (permalink)
Cool GTX
It might just be a steam or browser cache issue? 

Did you download the Steam version of X1 or the Full standalone version?

It is an installed executable file, loading with Windows, so I doubt that 'browser cache' has anything to do with it!!
It doesn't say anything about Steam in the X1 program, so I believe it is the Standalone version; and frankly, I'd have no reason to get the Steam version of a video card utility; there is nothing Steam-specific about my graphics use!!
post edited by derelict0 - 2023/05/10 10:48:26
Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re: Precision X1 V1.3.7 - cannot disable OSD 2023/05/10 12:15:25 (permalink)
OK, Why I asked --> it only depends on the software package, you downloaded from EVGA

https://www.evga.com/precisionx1/

Choose Your Precision Version (3 choices listed)

Precision Standalone

Precision for Steam

Precision for Game Bar  

To make & save changes in Precision .... all you need to do (if it is working correctly)

If the check box in Precision for "OSD" is changed (turned off from On)  
3 places for OSD to be disabled
- Show OSD Header
- Show OSD OSD on screenshot
- Show OSD shadow

---> then the select the Apply button in Precision,
-- then Select one of the "Profile numbers" 0-9,
Final step - select "Save button" 

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

derelict0
Re: Precision X1 V1.3.7 - cannot disable OSD 2023/05/10 12:42:50 (permalink)
Cool GTX

If the check box in Precision for "OSD" is changed (turned off from On)  

Actually, that one item above, is what has changed in my program... when I had first installed this program, a month back, there *was* a checkbox for OSD... there is *not* now...  See the attached image... there *is* a "Show in OSD" box, but all I can do there is select a color, there is no on/off option...
www dot (REMOVED by Cool GTX)
(I wasn't able to actually insert the link)

Anyway, turning off those other OSD elements, as well as setting size to 1, seems to have solved the problem for me, in a rather unthematic manner!!

Edit REMOVED by Cool GTX - that link also seems to link to/ show some other photos, with someones address & people with Big exotic wild cats ... not sure you really want this for all to see?
post edited by derelict0 - 2023/05/10 13:03:01
Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re: Precision X1 V1.3.7 - cannot disable OSD 2023/05/10 13:08:40 (permalink)
I'll try & post your photo, because even when I tried from within Flicker - your entire album was still visible 

derelict0
Re: Precision X1 V1.3.7 - cannot disable OSD 2023/05/10 13:12:55 (permalink)
Cool GTX
I'll try & post your photo, because even when I tried from within Flicker - your entire album was visible

That's okay, the image isn't needed...
I found that if I click on 'Show in OSD' (which opens a color dialog), set color to Black, Apply, Save,
the OSD is no longer showing, which is what I wanted...

post edited by derelict0 - 2023/05/10 13:14:56
Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
(Resolved) Re: Precision X1 V1.3.7 - cannot disable OSD 2023/05/10 13:17:32 (permalink)
derelict0
Cool GTX
I'll try & post your photo, because even when I tried from within Flicker - your entire album was visible

That's okay, the image isn't needed...
I found that if I click on 'Show in OSD' (which opens a color dialog), set color to Black, Apply, Save,
the OSD is no longer showing, which is what I wanted...

lol - you posted while I was getting the photo into imgur

Good to know  that it is Resolved now

BizSAR
EGC Lead Admin / EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 1712
Re: (Resolved) Re: Precision X1 V1.3.7 - cannot disable OSD 2023/05/16 17:12:25 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Cool GTX 2023/05/17 07:30:46
I usually just disable the OSD by clicking on the 'OSD' button you can see on the lower right side of the X1 UI. You can see it in the capture Cool GTX posted above.
If you want to disable it only for certain games, you have to open the OSD server icon that shows up in the system tray (when enabled) and add it to the resulting list of excluded .exe files.

BizSAR
EVGA 3090Ti FTW3 Ultra / ZOTAC 4070Ti Trinity OC - ASUS ROG PG279QM
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile