Hot!Star Wars Jedi: Survivor Receives First Patch on PC Today

Author
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102262
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 84
2023/05/01 12:33:13 (permalink)
https://www.techpowerup.com/308060/star-wars-jedi-survivor-receives-first-patch-on-pc-today-respawn-entertainment-issues-apology-message

Respawn Entertainment, the Star Wars division at Electronic Arts and Lucasfilm Games have today released their first patch for the PC version of Star Wars Jedi: Survivor - some folks must have been working like mad over the weekend in order to address some of the problems encountered shortly after the game's launch last Friday (April 28). The EA Star Wars Twitter account issued a statement regarding the initial batch of patches for all platforms affected: "Today a patch has become available for the PC version of Star Wars Jedi: Survivor, and tomorrow (5/2) we'll also be issuing a patch for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S. We are hard at work on patches that will further improve performance and fix bugs across all platforms. There are more updates to come across all platforms, and we will share that timing when it is available."

The patch notes for today's PC update only mention "performance improvements for non-raytraced rendering" so it seems the developers have a lot more work to do over the coming weeks. The situation on current generation PlayStation and Xbox consoles looks to largely the same, and tomorrow's fix list is extensive (the same problems have already been addressed on PC with today's patch). TPU's own resident reviewer extraordinaire went in-depth and explored Star Wars Jedi: Survivor's technical issues this weekend - part of W1zzard's conclusion was very unkind: "We're now paying $70 to beta-test an unpolished turd that they call an AAA game—not the first time this year. I'm starting to wonder if these companies aren't slowly eroding their customer base by delivering broken products over and over again."

The official patch notes:

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor Patch Notes PC - May 1st
  • Performance improvements for non-raytraced rendering
Star Wars Jedi: Survivor Patch Notes PS5 and Xbox Series X|S - May 2nd
  • Multiple crashes fixed across PlayStation and Xbox Series X|S and various areas of the game
  • Fixes crashes that were tied to skipping cinematics
  • Performance improvements across PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S
  • Fixed an issue with dynamic cloth inside the Mantis
  • Fixed various rendering issues
  • Fixes an issue with registered Nekko colors not saving
  • Fixes an issue with registered Nekko disappearing from the stable
  • Fixed issues with cinematic dialogue overlapping
  • Fixes various collision issues
  • Fixed an issue with enemy AI remaining in T Pose during photo mode
  • Fixes a freeze that occasionally occurred while talking to Doma
  • Fixed a bug where the BD-oil VFX did not properly render
  • Fixed an issue where players were getting stuck inside the Chamber of Duality if you didn't save after leaving the chamber and die
This follows on from an apology issued by Respawn Entertainment last Friday (April 28):
Respawn's statement
"We are aware that Star Wars Jedi: Survivor isn't performing to our standards for a percentage of our PC players, in particular those with high-end machines or certain specific configurations. For example, players using cutting-edge, multi-threaded chipsets designed for Windows 11 were encountering problems on Windows 10 or high-end GPUs coupled with lower-performing CPUs also saw unexpected frame loss. Rest assured, we are working to address these cases quickly.

While there is no single, comprehensive solution for PC performance, the team has been working hard on fixes we believe will improve performance across a spectrum of configurations. We are committed to fixing these issues as soon as possible, but each patch requires significant testing to ensure we don't also introduce new problems. Thanks for understanding and apologies to any of our players experiencing these issues. We will continue to monitor performance across all platforms and share update timing as soon as it is available."
Hopefully more bug fixes will come quickly. This is a good start to fix a lot of game issues. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

5 Replies Related Threads

donta1979
    Primarch
    • Total Posts : 15886
    • Ribbons : 72
    Re: Star Wars Jedi: Survivor Receives First Patch on PC Today 2023/05/11 13:48:13 (permalink)
    It is on patch 2 now, vram usage has gotten better, not sure about RT or RT and FSR on some planets though. I would like more RT options, DLSS and DLAA but not holding my breath.
    Game will hover at about 14gb of vram at 3440x1440 after more playing you are looking at 18-19gb after th latest patch.
    image.png (3440×1440) (discordapp.com)

Heatware   

Retired from AAA Game Industry
    Jeep Wranglers, English Bulldog Rescue
    USAF, USANG, US ARMY Combat Veteran
    My Build
    Intel Core I9 13900K@6.1ghz, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 ARGB, 32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 7200mhz CL34 DDR5, ASUS Rog Strix Z790-E, ASUS Rog Strix OC 4090, ASUS ROG Wingwall Graphics Card Holder, Seagate limited Edition Cyberpunk 2077 m.2, 2x Samsung 980 m.2 1TB's, 980 & 990 Pro m.2 2TB's, ASUS ROG Hyperion GR701, ASUS ROG Thor 1200W Platinum II, Cablemod RT-Series Pro ModMesh Sleeved 12VHPWR Carbon, ASUS Rog Swift PG35VQ 35", Acer EI342CKR Pbmiippx 34", ROG Harpe Ace Aim Lab Edition mouse, Rog Claymore II keyboard, TCL home entertainment Sound Bar w/Wireless Sub, Steelseries Johnny Silverhand Headset Microsoft Cyberpunk 2077 Xbox controller
    redteamgo
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 798
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: Star Wars Jedi: Survivor Receives First Patch on PC Today 2023/05/11 14:02:35 (permalink)
    donta, did you play jedi fallen order?  if so do you think the gameplay itself is improved in jedi survivor vs fallen order?

i found outcast to be too much of a grind to enjoy, the ability/skill tree was kind of unsatisfying and  gave up on it.  curious of your opinion
    post edited by redteamgo - 2023/05/11 14:06:24

CPU:     Intel 12900K EK 1700 Quantum Mag Acetel
    GPU:     EVGA 3090 KPHC
    MB:      EVGA Z690 Dark
    PSU:     EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 P+
    Memory:  G.SKILL Z5 6600mhz XMP3
    NVME:    Samsung 980 Pro Gen 4 1TB, Gen 3 970 1TB
    Cooling: MO-RA3 420 P/P 8x200mm Noctua HS PWM, Dual D5
    Case:    Fractal Design Define 7

MOD Rigs!!!
    donta1979
    Primarch
    • Total Posts : 15886
    • Ribbons : 72
    Re: Star Wars Jedi: Survivor Receives First Patch on PC Today 2023/05/11 14:52:08 (permalink)
    redteamgo
    donta, did you play jedi fallen order?  if so do you think the gameplay itself is improved in jedi survivor vs fallen order?

i found outcast to be too much of a grind to enjoy, the ability/skill tree was kind of unsatisfying and  gave up on it.  curious of your opinion

Yes I did, also a good game. Its Fallen Order expanded on a lot, with a lot more to do with filler/quest content.

Heatware   

Retired from AAA Game Industry
    Jeep Wranglers, English Bulldog Rescue
    USAF, USANG, US ARMY Combat Veteran
    My Build
    Intel Core I9 13900K@6.1ghz, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 ARGB, 32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 7200mhz CL34 DDR5, ASUS Rog Strix Z790-E, ASUS Rog Strix OC 4090, ASUS ROG Wingwall Graphics Card Holder, Seagate limited Edition Cyberpunk 2077 m.2, 2x Samsung 980 m.2 1TB's, 980 & 990 Pro m.2 2TB's, ASUS ROG Hyperion GR701, ASUS ROG Thor 1200W Platinum II, Cablemod RT-Series Pro ModMesh Sleeved 12VHPWR Carbon, ASUS Rog Swift PG35VQ 35", Acer EI342CKR Pbmiippx 34", ROG Harpe Ace Aim Lab Edition mouse, Rog Claymore II keyboard, TCL home entertainment Sound Bar w/Wireless Sub, Steelseries Johnny Silverhand Headset Microsoft Cyberpunk 2077 Xbox controller
    tattude69
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 465
    • Ribbons : 5
    Re: Star Wars Jedi: Survivor Receives First Patch on PC Today 2023/05/12 02:46:06 (permalink)
    Patch 4 has made game unplayable crashing every time in exact same location multiple complaints on EA Forum. The took an under performing game and broke it. 

Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10102
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Star Wars Jedi: Survivor Receives First Patch on PC Today 2023/05/12 04:51:21 (permalink)
    It's made me hold off on starting it for a while almost like Cyberpunk 2077 did. I am sure it can be turned around but it's sometimes better to wait for it to become stable to make sure it's as enjoyable as possible.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile