Hot!Picard Season 3 ep 9

Author
Chrome-M-Dragon
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 7806
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 30
2023/04/13 15:09:49 (permalink)
What the heck is going on here? Borg return? First time they have been encountered in years? What about Borgati, left to defend some imaginary threat? Now there are supposedly 3 borg factions and queens? Friggin space bumpkins. Make it make sense! (Yeah I watch Star Trek, come at me bro!)

People are, well, only Human. We know that. The rule of law is borne out in identifying, condemning, and punishing those who violate the standards on which we all agree. This is exactly what we do in america. -James Inhofe

Use any of the codes below for a free hug and a high five! Much love to all you wonderful nerds!
Associate: 5L1LJB5JQ94H892 Affiliate Code: QRXQKO8ZJS

16 Replies Related Threads

lastsamurairick
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2419
    • Ribbons : 6
    Re: Picard Season 3 ep 9 2023/04/13 15:30:55 (permalink)
    Yea so they decided bring back the Borg like Picard did not have enough of them in the past. Star Trek 4 ever.

Intel 10900k @ 3.7 Stock
      EVGA Z490 Dark 
      EVGA GEFORCE RTX 3070Ti FTW3
      G SKILL TRIDENT Z ROYAL 32GB
      EVGA 1000G5
    rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102262
    • Ribbons : 84
    Re: Picard Season 3 ep 9 2023/04/13 23:45:35 (permalink)
    I'll have to watch this as soon as possible. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10102
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Picard Season 3 ep 9 2023/04/14 04:44:38 (permalink)
    I have been waiting for the whole season to be out to watch it all but with episode 9 out I feel I can start binge watching an episode a night and be at the final round when it comes out.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

Delirious
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 17474
    • Ribbons : 61
    Re: Picard Season 3 ep 9 2023/04/14 10:41:50 (permalink)
    it was a great episode.   evidently some DNA passed on to his son made his son capable of communicating with the collective.  Loved the ending when they were reunited with an old friend.

"Be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger" 
    Affiliate Code XZUMV9TJW5
    Associate Code: 7PM43CU71IB2IAP
    education may be expensive but wait until you get the bill for ignorance
    A wise man once said that we can't make anyone feel or do anything. We can throw things into the wind, but it's up to each person to decide how they want to react, where they want to stand when things fall.
    rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: Picard Season 3 ep 9 2023/04/15 00:47:36 (permalink)
    I have to say the writing was very good. Looking forward to the next episode. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

Chrome-M-Dragon
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: Picard Season 3 ep 9 2023/04/18 16:37:43 (permalink)
    Yeah, writing aside, it still don't make sense. They say that Starfleet hadn't been in contact with the Borg in over ten years, well what about last season with Jurati becoming Borg queen? Where she at the end of the season decided to stand watch over a trans warp conduit. Don't make any sense. Even if somehow they come in at the last moment there is no way 10 years had passed from season 2 to 3, and that somehow there are multiple factions of borg with different queens. (Although supposedly lower decks shows something to that effect.)

People are, well, only Human. We know that. The rule of law is borne out in identifying, condemning, and punishing those who violate the standards on which we all agree. This is exactly what we do in america. -James Inhofe

Use any of the codes below for a free hug and a high five! Much love to all you wonderful nerds!

Delirious
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 17474
    • Ribbons : 61
    Re: Picard Season 3 ep 9 2023/04/18 17:14:31 (permalink)
    Chrome-M-Dragon
    Yeah, writing aside, it still don't make sense. They say that Starfleet hadn't been in contact with the Borg in over ten years, well what about last season with Jurati becoming Borg queen? Where she at the end of the season decided to stand watch over a trans warp conduit. Don't make any sense. Even if somehow they come in at the last moment there is no way 10 years had passed from season 2 to 3, and that somehow there are multiple factions of borg with different queens. (Although supposedly lower decks shows something to that effect.)

well beverly crusher said no one has seen the borg in a decade.  Remember, She hadn't seen Picard in a long time, so possibly she didn't know about  Jurati becoming Borq queen.  The last incursion with the borg was when Jainway destroyed the transwarp hub in the final episode of ST Voyager, called Endgame.  Evidently, after destroying the the transwarp hub, they found their way back into federation space.  I think it has something to do with Picards DNA that the shapeshifters got a hold of to change the transporter system for young people with a lack of maturity of the prefrontal cortex.  That's why older people where not effected in this last episode.  Maybe I'm missing something

"Be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger" 
    Affiliate Code XZUMV9TJW5
    Associate Code: 7PM43CU71IB2IAP
    education may be expensive but wait until you get the bill for ignorance
    A wise man once said that we can't make anyone feel or do anything. We can throw things into the wind, but it's up to each person to decide how they want to react, where they want to stand when things fall.
    Chrome-M-Dragon
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: Picard Season 3 ep 9 2023/04/18 17:26:41 (permalink)
    Delirious
    Chrome-M-Dragon

well beverly crusher said no one has seen the borg in a decade.  Remember, She hadn't seen Picard in a long time, so possibly she didn't know about  Jurati becoming Borq queen.  The last incursion with the borg was when Jainway destroyed the transwarp hub in the final episode of ST Voyager, called Endgame.  Evidently, after destroying the the transwarp hub, they found their way back into federation space.  I think it has something to do with Picards DNA that the shapeshifters got a hold of to change the transporter system for young people with a lack of maturity of the prefrontal cortex.  That's why older people where not effected in this last episode.  Maybe I'm missing something

Apparently it's finally been answered:

Jurati Borg are a whole different thing

Some fans were wondering how the Borg Queen and collective featured in “Vox” related to the collective led by the Jurati Borg Queen seen in the season two finale. Matalas clarified that the Jurati Borg are “an alternate faction,” pointing out how earlier in the third season (in episode 4) Shaw explained this when he said, “Forget all that weird **** on the Stargazer, the real Borg are still out there.”

Apr 14

@TerryMatalas so, I know we have one more left, but Season 2 seemed to end things on a friendly note with the Borg, so I’m just hoping that is addressed in this final episode! Great stuff so far!

That was an alternate faction of the Borg from an alt timeline. History was not rewritten. The Real Borg were still in the Delta Quadrant after poisoned by Janeway. Agnes Nice Borg are distracted guarding a trans warp conduit across the galaxy. Shaw explains this in 304.

Quote Tweet 
    @JohnHays

Honestly if they don't use hippie borg to fight evil borg... What a waste

rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: Picard Season 3 ep 9 2023/04/22 00:44:27 (permalink)
    Watched the last episode of Picard. It was epic. 

Chrome-M-Dragon
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: Picard Season 3 ep 9 2023/04/22 08:13:31 (permalink)
    Very much so. I mean, besides my little nit pick about the borg. 

Flybye
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1160
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Picard Season 3 ep 9 2023/04/22 09:26:42 (permalink)
    Someday I'll just binge it.  I am very curious.

Gaming thing
    i9-12900KF @ 5.20GHz
    EVGA: Z690 Classified - RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra - Supernova 1200w P3 - DG-75
    32GBs Corsair Dominator DDR5 @ 6800 - Seagate: .5TB, 1TB M.2s, HD 4TB
    Sony CRT 24" GDM-FW900 16:10 - DangerDen (RIP) Goodies: 2x120mm Rad & D5 + Primochill stuff
    kougar
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3034
    • Ribbons : 22
    Re: Picard Season 3 ep 9 2023/04/22 14:48:58 (permalink)
    Yeah, the hard break between Season 2 and Season 3 was jarring... Season 3 was the best of the show though, it paid homage to the TNG characters as well as all the TNG fans out there. 

For those that haven't heard yet, apparently Michelle Yeoh agreed to create a Section 31 movie. Will be interesting to see where they go with that one. 

Have water, will cool. 
    Brad_Hawthorne
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 23174
    • Ribbons : 39
    Re: Picard Season 3 ep 9 2023/05/08 17:01:18 (permalink)
    I thought season 1 and 2 were garbage. Season 3 was watchable though. Not sure what they were trying to accomplish with season 1 and 2. They should of just did Season 3 and been done with it.
    kougar
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3034
    • Ribbons : 22
    Re: Picard Season 3 ep 9 2023/05/11 20:16:59 (permalink)
    Brad_Hawthorne
    I thought season 1 and 2 were garbage. Season 3 was watchable though. Not sure what they were trying to accomplish with season 1 and 2. They should of just did Season 3 and been done with it.

Don't forget it took TNG until the third season to figure out what they were doing and stick with it. They had five good seasons after that, it's just unfortunate Picard is over after they finally figured it out. 

Have water, will cool. 
    Brad_Hawthorne
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 23174
    • Ribbons : 39
    Re: Picard Season 3 ep 9 2023/05/11 21:31:54 (permalink)
    kougar
    Brad_Hawthorne

Don't forget it took TNG until the third season to figure out what they were doing and stick with it. They had five good seasons after that, it's just unfortunate Picard is over after they finally figured it out. 

Yep, nostalgia tends to gloss over the first 2 seasons of TNG. Takes the good with the bad I guess.
    Chrome-M-Dragon
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: Picard Season 3 ep 9 2023/05/12 19:46:33 (permalink)
    I didn't mind season one, though it left me a tad confused in the end. Season two just... I dunno, had no continuity? Then in season 3 the lack of Borgati (Juratti *spelling* borg queen) mention, or why they didn't come to the fight (though there was a bit of an explanation). All 3 seasons to me made 0 sense, though they were fun to watch. Especially 3. 

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile