EVGA

Are these PSU cables compatible?

Author
peikojose
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2023/03/07 04:19:11 (permalink)
Hi, I know it is never recommended to mix cables from different power supplies even from the same brand (obviusly when it comes to semi or full modular PSU).

But, are the cables from the EVGA Supernova 1200 P3 compatible with the EVGA Supernova 1300 G2? It looks like because if you search for these cables in Ebay they seem to be the same for both models.

That is my question.

PD: I can check the pinout with a tester but still would like to have an answer.

Thanks!

1 Reply Related Threads

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30983
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Are these PSU cables compatible? 2023/03/07 10:41:07 (permalink)
    I'd call EVGA CS,    Contact Info

FAQ # 59698  Which EVGA Modular Cables are compatible with my PSU?

(excerpt 1)
    "Most power supplies share compatibility with PCIe cables, but power supplies do not necessarily share compatibility across SATA and 4pin molex peripheral cables and can damage devices connected to such a cable.  If you eventually replace your compatible power supply with another power supply, make sure that the power supply is compatible with the same cable set, or we strongly recommend to discontinue using the Individually Sleeved Cable set."

(excerpt 2)

"Beginning with the EVGA G3 Power Supplies, all subsequent fully-modular power supplies began using the same modular cable pinout for improved compatibility.  However, many other currently-sold EVGA power supplies use different modular cable pinouts, and thus it is necessary to always check for compatibility."

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile