EVGA

Cannot get Front Audio Microphone to work for Z97 Classified / CoolerMaster Storm

Author
NobleUplift
  • Total Posts : 34
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2023/02/19 14:14:48 (permalink)
Here's a blast from the past with my second rig, almost 10 years old now.

I have a Z97 Classified and a CoolerMaster Storm case. I've always used USB headsets so I never needed to worry about the front jack, however it seems that open back headsets almost don't exist anymore, and open-back provides superior audio quality as far as I'm concerned.

Well, I bought the EPOS I Sennheiser GAME ONE Gaming Headset and it's only 3mm headphones/microphone combination. I can get the headphones working but the microphone never detects.

I installed Soundblaster from the Downloads page and that didn't fix it. I can't even see a setting for front/back ports. https://www.evga.com/support/download/

I also made sure I had HD Audio plugged into the motherboard and NOT AC'97, matching the documentation: https://www.evga.com/support/manuals/files/Z97_Motherboards_Part2.pdf
----------
Is there anything else I can try to get my front-panel microphone working?

2 Replies Related Threads

Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10102
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Cannot get Front Audio Microphone to work for Z97 Classified / CoolerMaster Storm 2023/02/19 22:41:31 (permalink)
    Does the software have an option to select what microphone port it’s using? I am wondering if it’s just defaulting to the back port.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

karlshady
    • Total Posts : 5
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Cannot get Front Audio Microphone to work for Z97 Classified / CoolerMaster Storm 2023/03/01 01:49:36 (permalink)
    Hey there! It sounds like you're having trouble getting your front audio microphone to work on your Z97 Classified motherboard. This could be due to a number of issues, such as a faulty cable or incorrect audio settings. Have you tried checking your audio settings to make sure the microphone is set as the default recording device? You could also try testing the microphone with a different device to ensure that it's working properly. If none of these solutions work, it may be worth reaching out to EVGA support or the manufacturer of your case to see if they have any additional troubleshooting steps. Good luck and I hope this helps!

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile