EVGA

AnsweredEVGA XR1 lite no signal whatsoever

Author
sofrost
  • Total Posts : 9
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2023/02/03 05:39:30 (permalink)
yesterday, the evga xr1 lite i bought off amazon arrived and set it up the same day. lo and behold, the capcard was not even being detected by the pc. whenever I tried to run the firmware updater or the HDCP controller, it would tell me there was no device connected. i tried unplugging and re-plugging multiple times and a blue light would blink for a second then go away. are there any trouble shooting/solutions i could do or could the capcard be faulty?
Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 30975
  • Ribbons : 122
Re: EVGA XR1 lite no signal whatsoever 2023/02/03 10:11:29 (permalink)
Welcome to the EVGA Forums & congrats on your first post & thread
 XR1 Lite

Lets see if the community can help you get this working

Some basics:

Did you try Restarting Windows - ->while holding the "shift key down". until PC powers off?  (Make Windows look for hardware & not load last used drivers)

If that fails, I'd try a hard off -- shutdown Windows, then pull the plug to All items with connection to the wall outlet, hold start button 20-30 sec to discharge any capacitors

Is fast Boot off in BIOS?  (this makes MB take inventory on startup)

What cables are you using?

Any errors in Device manager?

please list all hardware including Monitor(s) used, OS & background software that is running

how did you connect your setup?  what cables did you use?

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

sofrost
Re: EVGA XR1 lite no signal whatsoever 2023/02/03 11:22:22 (permalink)
Trying the first thing about holding down shift during restart, what should I be doing? it brought me to the choose an option screen.
I don’t know if fast boot is on (nor do I know how to check)
I’m using the hdmi cable and usb to usb-c along with 3 other hdmi cables (pc to hdmi splitter and switch to xr1 lite into the hdmi splitter which connects to my monitor), gpxsuperlight (cord, extender, bluetooth dongle), hyperX alphaS usb-A to aux), hyperX alloy origins 60 (usb-A to usb-C), monitor is the acer SA240Y
Windows 10, i usually have windows security, steam, discord rich presence, battle.net, wallpaper engine, logi-GHub, voice mod, hyperx ngenuity, both nvidia control panel n geforce experience, spotify and a blue stacks emulator running.
I don’t think there are problems in device manager?
sofrost
Re: EVGA XR1 lite no signal whatsoever 2023/02/03 11:24:23 (permalink)
I haven’t tried a hard-off yet, i have no idea how to make windows look for hardware drivers
Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re: EVGA XR1 lite no signal whatsoever 2023/02/03 11:55:51 (permalink)
sofrost
Trying the first thing about holding down shift during restart, what should I be doing? it brought me to the choose an option screen.
I don’t know if fast boot is on (nor do I know how to check)
I’m using the hdmi cable and usb to usb-c along with 3 other hdmi cables (pc to hdmi splitter and switch to xr1 lite into the hdmi splitter which connects to my monitor), gpxsuperlight (cord, extender, bluetooth dongle), hyperX alphaS usb-A to aux), hyperX alloy origins 60 (usb-A to usb-C), monitor is the acer SA240Y
Windows 10, i usually have windows security, steam, discord rich presence, battle.net, wallpaper engine, logi-GHub, voice mod, hyperx ngenuity, both nvidia control panel n geforce experience, spotify and a blue stacks emulator running.
I don’t think there are problems in device manager?

Not restart -->After you press & hold Shift key  - from start button - select the "Shut down" & keep the shift key down till all power goes off

TEST without that HDMI splitter and switch

sofrost
I haven’t tried a hard-off yet, i have no idea how to make windows look for hardware drivers

The hard Off can help as Windows shutdown is not a complete power flush - power to MB stays on

turn off Windows Fast Startup - you can try 2 back to back restarts

With Windows 10 there is a new “hybrid” startup mode that should cut down on boot up times.

It does this by putting the PC into hibernation instead of "fully shutting down."

Windows Central - How to disable Windows 10 fast startup (and why you'd want to)

How-to Geek The Pros and Cons of Windows 10’s “Fast Startup” Mode

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

sofrost
Re: EVGA XR1 lite no signal whatsoever 2023/02/03 12:27:59 (permalink)
How long should the shift + shutdown take to go back on? It’s been a while and the monitor is still blank (after i turned it on)
Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re: EVGA XR1 lite no signal whatsoever 2023/02/03 12:32:47 (permalink)
sofrost
How long should the shift + shutdown take to go back on? It’s been a while and the monitor is still blank (after i turned it on)

The PC should have started normally with just a small maybe 30 second delay.  Try cycling the power to your monitor.  Is there a message on the monitor?

Were any Windows updates in process? Install updates & restarting can take several minutes ...

sofrost
Re: EVGA XR1 lite no signal whatsoever 2023/02/03 14:07:54 (permalink)
It’s likely on the pc side, the monitor was just blank
Gonna attempt to see if my switch would show on it
sofrost
Re: EVGA XR1 lite no signal whatsoever 2023/02/03 15:25:52 (permalink)
turns out, whenever my system loses power it changes channels, that's why my screen was blank
still nothing in terms of the capture card
should i try unplugging both hdmi cables from the capture card and hoping my system could find it?
post edited by sofrost - 2023/02/03 15:27:04
Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re: EVGA XR1 lite no signal whatsoever 2023/02/03 15:39:29 (permalink)
Yes, connect the X1 lite device directly to you equipment (nothing else like switches or HDMi splitters)

sofrost
Re: EVGA XR1 lite no signal whatsoever 2023/02/03 15:50:48 (permalink)
where does the xr1 light get power from? i have a feeling the capcard is getting almost nothing, causing it to not function since the light just goes on for a second then goes away
Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re: EVGA XR1 lite no signal whatsoever 2023/02/03 16:27:53 (permalink) ☼ Best Answerby Cool GTX 2023/02/05 08:56:22
sofrost
where does the xr1 light get power from? i have a feeling the capcard is getting almost nothing, causing it to not function since the light just goes on for a second then goes away

USB 3.0 Type-C provides the power

EVGA XR1 lite Review - The Budget Capture Card We Waited For

sofrost
Re: EVGA XR1 lite no signal whatsoever 2023/02/03 17:26:13 (permalink)
turns out, it might be a faulty usb-a to usb-c wire issue since i tried a different wire and that lit it up
sofrost
Re: EVGA XR1 lite no signal whatsoever 2023/02/03 22:50:10 (permalink)
im stupid, i just didn't plug the usb-c cable in since i was worried it would break the port
Hoggle
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 10101
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: EVGA XR1 lite no signal whatsoever 2023/02/03 23:27:06 (permalink)
USB-C is always the best option since It gives a lot more power than what USB-A can provide. Glad it lit up for you. I would not use splinters and make sure it’s working as expected then after I know it works experiment with the HDMI switches if needed.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re: EVGA XR1 lite no signal whatsoever 2023/02/04 10:32:18 (permalink)
sofrost
turns out, it might be a faulty usb-a to usb-c wire issue since i tried a different wire and that lit it up

Great news 

So, everything is working Now?

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile