EVGA

Asus Z790 Maximus Hero won’t latch onto the standoffs on EVGA DG-87 Case?

Author
Digital_Fuzion
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 630
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 1
2023/01/21 19:22:30 (permalink)
The Asus Z790 Maximus hero won’t latch on to the standoffs on the EVGA DG-87 case. The heat shield on the ASUS Z790 maximus hero motherboard makes the board rise higher than what the standoff spacing allows, in order to screw in place to the stupid case. The standoffs that come with the case don’t do the trick either, even if you are to use the additional stand offs, it makes the back I/O become off-center aligning with the rest of the case. It’s either to high or not aligned correctly. The EVGA case is becoming an obsolete product! Also, just trying to screw the board in place will make the board bend and flex. I just find it very awkward why the EVGA product sucks so bad! If the motherboard did not have a massive heat shield that lifts the motherboard up about half an inch to an inch, than perhaps it would’ve been able to be mounted inside the case. No wonder newer companies like LIAN LI are making better cases. They cater to everyone’s budget and needs. I really wanted to use the EVGA computer case as I really love the design and functionality. What a pity that I have to upgrade to a new computer case over some stupid standoffs that don’t work for high end motherboards. Obviously, there’s no recommendation because this EVGA computer case royally sucks. EVGA‘s going down hill for not providing a real solution. All I got was a generic populated response.
post edited by Digital_Fuzion - 2023/01/22 12:52:48

13 Replies Related Threads

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30975
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Asus Z790 Maximus Hero won’t latch onto the standoffs on EVGA DG-87 Case? 2023/01/22 15:46:03 (permalink)
    Digital_Fuzion
    The Asus Z790 Maximus hero won’t latch on to the standoffs on the EVGA DG-87 case. The heat shield on the ASUS Z790 maximus hero motherboard makes the board rise higher than what the standoff spacing allows, in order to screw in place to the stupid case. The standoffs that come with the case don’t do the trick either, even if you are to use the additional stand offs, it makes the back I/O become off-center aligning with the rest of the case. It’s either to high or not aligned correctly. The EVGA case is becoming an obsolete product! Also, just trying to screw the board in place will make the board bend and flex. I just find it very awkward why the EVGA product sucks so bad! If the motherboard did not have a massive heat shield that lifts the motherboard up about half an inch to an inch, than perhaps it would’ve been able to be mounted inside the case. No wonder newer companies like LIAN LI are making better cases. They cater to everyone’s budget and needs. I really wanted to use the EVGA computer case as I really love the design and functionality. What a pity that I have to upgrade to a new computer case over some stupid standoffs that don’t work for high end motherboards. Obviously, there’s no recommendation because this EVGA computer case royally sucks. EVGA‘s going down hill for not providing a real solution. All I got was a generic populated response.

I can understand being frustrated by an unexpected issue, when trying to make a new/ upgraded Rig
    Sounds like a MB design issue to me - that backside heat sink.  That case is a few years old - you even mention the back heats shield. 

Does Asus offer shorter standoffs for their nonstandard - extra thick - MB ?

Can shorter standoffs be sourced, from a third party?

FWIT there is a member of the EVGA Forum that is looking for that Case - in marketplace

Anyone have a FF EVGA DG-87 or 86 Case for sale?

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10101
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Asus Z790 Maximus Hero won’t latch onto the standoffs on EVGA DG-87 Case? 2023/01/22 23:41:30 (permalink)
    I am not sure how it would be EVGA fault since the case works with motherboards from other vendors fine. Only way I can see the difference motherboard not need a standard standoff would be if the motherboard came with them. If the standoff was longer the PCI slots wouldn’t work as the motherboard would sit too high. It’s pretty set in stone for the what height the motherboard would be at.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

Digital_Fuzion
    SSC Member
    Re: Asus Z790 Maximus Hero won’t latch onto the standoffs on EVGA DG-87 Case? 2023/01/30 17:19:57 (permalink)
    I'm building a new system now, with the all new Lian-Le V3000 Plus case. I now have the empty EVGA DG-8700 Series case available, if the member is still interested in obtaining one. I'm not sure if that thread is still open or locked, closed. Anyway, said case is going to be up for grabs now. Its complete and in really great condition from a dust/smoke free home. 
    post edited by Digital_Fuzion - 2023/01/30 17:26:30
    ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 21171
    • Ribbons : 270
    Re: Asus Z790 Maximus Hero won’t latch onto the standoffs on EVGA DG-87 Case? 2023/01/31 12:42:22 (permalink)
    Lol, it's EVGA's fault that your motherboard has a giant "1/2 inch to 1 inch" non-standard heatsink on the back? Get outta here.

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
    My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

Digital_Fuzion
    SSC Member
    Re: Asus Z790 Maximus Hero won’t latch onto the standoffs on EVGA DG-87 Case? 2023/01/31 12:46:22 (permalink)
    ty_ger07
    Lol, it's EVGA's fault that your motherboard has a giant "1/2 inch to 1 inch" non-standard heatsink on the back? Get outta here.

Take your non-contributing a$$ down the road! Beat it creep! Kick rocks: 🤣 EVGA and their obsolete case.
    Digital_Fuzion
    SSC Member
    Re: Asus Z790 Maximus Hero won’t latch onto the standoffs on EVGA DG-87 Case? 2023/01/31 17:32:40 (permalink)
    Selling to someone whom is not butt-hurt over the aging case. Whom won't give a rat's a$$ about an opinion and preference. You know who you are. If your in the market, you'll come looking........ 
    donta1979
    Primarch
    • Total Posts : 15886
    • Ribbons : 72
    Re: Asus Z790 Maximus Hero won’t latch onto the standoffs on EVGA DG-87 Case? 2023/02/01 12:27:18 (permalink)
    Digital_Fuzion
    Selling to someone whom is not butt-hurt over the aging case. Whom won't give a rat's a$$ about an opinion and preference. You know who you are. If your in the market, you'll come looking........ 

Oh I am looking for one lol. 

Heatware   

Retired from AAA Game Industry
    Jeep Wranglers, English Bulldog Rescue
    USAF, USANG, US ARMY Combat Veteran
    My Build
    Intel Core I9 13900K@6.1ghz, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 ARGB, 32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 7200mhz CL34 DDR5, ASUS Rog Strix Z790-E, ASUS Rog Strix OC 4090, ASUS ROG Wingwall Graphics Card Holder, Seagate limited Edition Cyberpunk 2077 m.2, 2x Samsung 980 m.2 1TB's, 980 & 990 Pro m.2 2TB's, ASUS ROG Hyperion GR701, ASUS ROG Thor 1200W Platinum II, Cablemod RT-Series Pro ModMesh Sleeved 12VHPWR Carbon, ASUS Rog Swift PG35VQ 35", Acer EI342CKR Pbmiippx 34", ROG Harpe Ace Aim Lab Edition mouse, Rog Claymore II keyboard, TCL home entertainment Sound Bar w/Wireless Sub, Steelseries Johnny Silverhand Headset Microsoft Cyberpunk 2077 Xbox controller
    Digital_Fuzion
    SSC Member
    Re: Asus Z790 Maximus Hero won’t latch onto the standoffs on EVGA DG-87 Case? 2023/02/04 08:36:49 (permalink)
    donta1979
    Digital_Fuzion

I will have it listed in the sales section of the forum soon, with pictures. 
    Digital_Fuzion
    SSC Member
    Re: Asus Z790 Maximus Hero won’t latch onto the standoffs on EVGA DG-87 Case? 2023/03/13 19:55:14 (permalink)
    donta1979
    Digital_Fuzion

I'm still waiting to be approved for the EVGA Marketplace. I've got some cool tech to list.
    Digital_Fuzion
    SSC Member
    Re: Asus Z790 Maximus Hero won’t latch onto the standoffs on EVGA DG-87 Case? 2023/03/13 20:08:20 (permalink)
    Cool GTX
    Digital_Fuzion

I can understand being frustrated by an unexpected issue, when trying to make a new/ upgraded Rig
    Sounds like a MB design issue to me - that backside heat sink.  That case is a few years old - you even mention the back heats shield. 

Does Asus offer shorter standoffs for their nonstandard - extra thick - MB ?

Can shorter standoffs be sourced, from a third party?

FWIT there is a member of the EVGA Forum that is looking for that Case - in marketplace

Anyone have a FF EVGA DG-87 or 86 Case for sale?

No, they did not offer this option to me. Once I'm approved to list in the EVGA Marketplace, I'll be excited to offer products in an alternate marketplace that is built off trust of the members. I already setup my Heatware account.
    Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10101
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Asus Z790 Maximus Hero won’t latch onto the standoffs on EVGA DG-87 Case? 2023/03/14 00:04:11 (permalink)
    ty_ger07

Try to be respectful. If it doesn’t work for him and he wants to go another route and wants to sell the case then it’s what he has decided.

I felt bad for seeming to not understand who it couldn’t fit because of the PCI bracket on a case having a fixed length or the motherboard would have to come with custom stand offs to use with it I would have assumed. I am not sure though so if the new case works and he can pass the old one on it’s a win for two members as far a I can see.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

Digital_Fuzion
    SSC Member
    Re: Asus Z790 Maximus Hero won’t latch onto the standoffs on EVGA DG-87 Case? 2023/03/14 00:54:19 (permalink)
    Hoggle
    ty_ger07

Try to be respectful. If it doesn’t work for him and he wants to go another route and wants to sell the case then it’s what he has decided.

I felt bad for seeming to not understand who it couldn’t fit because of the PCI bracket on a case having a fixed length or the motherboard would have to come with custom stand offs to use with it I would have assumed. I am not sure though so if the new case works and he can pass the old one on it’s a win for two members as far a I can see.

I know someone will value the case and make excellent use off it, I can put it to market. Thank you!
    Digital_Fuzion
    SSC Member
    Re: Asus Z790 Maximus Hero won’t latch onto the standoffs on EVGA DG-87 Case? 2023/03/24 12:05:43 (permalink)
    I finally got approved to sell on the EVGA Marketplace. I just need some time to list items. 
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile