EVGA

AnsweredInstructions for 12Gb 3080 XC3 Hybrid card install?

Author
twistedtim
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2023/01/22 14:15:37 (permalink)
I got the 12Gb 3080 Hybrid card that comes with the radiator pre-attached and it didn't come with any instructions. Do I need to prep the hybrid bit in any way? Or is it just take it out of the box and install it like any other videocard. It seemed as if all the guides and instructions I came across were just for the hybrid kit installation and noting seemed to pertain to the pre-assembled version.  Its my first foray into water cooling so flying a bit blind. Any help would be most appreciated. I can follow instructions so even just pointing me i the right direction for documentation would be awesome. All the info I can find here on evga is again just for the kits and not the pre-assembled version

tia
Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 31004
  • Ribbons : 122
Re: Instructions for 12Gb 3080 XC3 Hybrid card install? 2023/01/22 14:45:30 (permalink) ☼ Best Answerby Cool GTX 2023/01/26 07:41:03
Welcome to the EVGA Forums, congrats on your first post

Mount the radiator (center line) above the GPU center line (do not mount radiator below GPU)

mount radiator with Hoses on bottom of radiator if mounted to the front or back of the case

If you mount radiator on the top of case, hoses should point down

Do Not - stress the hoses - the hoses should have a little slack when it is all mounted

If you run the fan as intake, the cooler room air will give you the best temps

With PC on its side = after you install the GPU - hold the radiator above the GPU - lightly shake & tap the radiator - with hoses at the lowest point - this can help make sure any limited air stuck in the AIO is where you want it

Go easy when mounting the radiators or the fans to the radiator -- use a very light touch or you can strip the radiator mounting tab  - once the screw stops turning - light touch, one finger & thumb - bareley snug (NOT an extra 1/8 turn - after screw stops )

Connect the fans to the connectors on the line that comes out of the GPU cover (with power off)

"some very basic information" Hybrid Cooling

Enjoy your new GPU

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Methodical2
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 562
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Instructions for 12Gb 3080 XC3 Hybrid card install? 2023/01/25 23:42:04 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Cool GTX 2023/01/26 07:41:11
For visuals, this video may help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFdzBRv4-Z4

"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic"

BlackE
Case:  Caselab Magnum STH10
MB:  Asus X670E Hero
CPU:  Ryzen 9 7950x (EK-Quantum Vector²)
GPU:  Asus 4090 TUF OC (EK-Quantum Vector²)
Memory:  G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5 (6000 @64gb)
Storage:  WD M.2 NVMe 2TB (OS), 2x4TB (Photography), 1TB (Games)
Fan Controllers: Aquacomputer Aquaero 6 XT & Octo
PSU:  EVGA 1200 P2
Monitor:  LG 48" UltraGear OLED 4k

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile