Support ticket number?

Author
rmekdaschi
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2023/01/16 08:00:49 (permalink)
Greetings,

I am trying to submit an RMA for my 3080 Hybrid which stopped functioning three days ago, filled everything out but I can't proceed because I don't have a support ticket. What should I do? I submitted a question for the item I'm trying to RMA. Thank you for your assistance.

9 Replies Related Threads

EVGA_RMA_JaysonC
    RMA Management
    • Total Posts : 1461
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: Support ticket number? 2023/01/16 09:16:00 (permalink)
    Hi rmekdaschi,

Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the forums. 

We sorry to hear you are having troubles with your graphics card.  Our team will reach out to you today to assist you via your support question as it was received over the weekend.  Our service hours are Monday – Friday 9AM to 6PM PST.

Regards,

-Jayson- EVGA USA RMA Dept.
    Reddit/Twitter - u/EVGA_JaysonC   @evga_jaysonc 

lpquinlan
    • Total Posts : 3
    Re: Support ticket number? 2023/01/19 05:25:57 (permalink)
    I am having a similar problem, filling out a standard RMA. "Click to request a support ticket number." and it the link does not produce one...
    rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102300
    • Ribbons : 84
    Re: Support ticket number? 2023/01/19 05:31:10 (permalink)
    lpquinlan
    I am having a similar problem, filling out a standard RMA. "Click to request a support ticket number." and it the link does not produce one...

Contact EVGA tech support. Did you try another web browser?

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

gsrcrxsi
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 985
    • Ribbons : 5
    Re: Support ticket number? 2023/01/19 05:40:50 (permalink)
    this gatekeeping of the the support ticket number until they feel like you "deserve" one is hands down the worst part of the RMA experience. email support takes 1-2 days between each question asked and you don't even get the ticket number with the emails.

the only fast/reliable way is to just call them so you dont have to waste time and extend this process out over a week just to get an RMA started when you know its a problem with the card. if you call them it's smooth sailing and you can setup the RMA same-day. email support should be the same experience IMO.

Rig1: EPYC 7V12 | [4] RTX A4000
    Rig2: EPYC 7B12 | [5] 3080Ti + [2] 2080Ti
    Rig3: EPYC 7B12 | [6] 3070Ti + [2] 3060
    Rig4: [2] EPYC 7742 | RTX A2000
    Rig5: [2] EPYC 7642
    Rig6: EPYC 7551 | [4] Titan V

lpquinlan
    Re: Support ticket number? 2023/01/19 05:44:19 (permalink)
    Are you telling me I have to install something other than firefox to get EVGAs website to properly work?
    lpquinlan
    Re: Support ticket number? 2023/01/19 05:47:43 (permalink)
    gsrcrxsi
    this gatekeeping of the the support ticket number until they feel like you "deserve" one is hands down the worst part of the RMA experience. email support takes 1-2 days between each question asked and you don't even get the ticket number with the emails.

the only fast/reliable way is to just call them so you dont have to waste time and extend this process out over a week just to get an RMA started when you know its a problem with the card. if you call them it's smooth sailing and you can setup the RMA same-day. email support should be the same experience IMO.

Oh, so thats a thing huh? Thank you for the tip, LOVE jumping through hoops for service.
    EVGA_RMA_JaysonC
    RMA Management
    • Total Posts : 1461
    Re: Support ticket number? 2023/01/19 09:32:28 (permalink)

Hi lpquinlan,

We do apologize for any confusion, we do ask that you contact our support team for any request for warranty services so that we may be able to gather information from you with regards to the issue you are experiencing with your product. 

We are showing that our support team reached out to you a few moments ago requesting further information so that we can assist you further.

Regards,

-Jayson- EVGA USA RMA Dept.
    Reddit/Twitter - u/EVGA_JaysonC   @evga_jaysonc 

EVGATech_JaesonW
    EVGA Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 910
    • Ribbons : 5
    Re: Support ticket number? 2023/01/19 12:13:38 (permalink)
    I'm sorry if it feels like we're asking you to jump through hoops, that's definitely not our intent. To not only save you time and money sending in a potentially working product, we do like to try and confirm that the product is indeed the problem. To speed up the process via email, please be sure to include what troubleshooting steps you've done to confirm the issue is your product. Of course calling in is always the quickest way to get assistance, and if you're in a rush I highly suggest giving us a call so we can get you taken care of as soon as possible! 

If you email in saying "My card is bad, I need an RMA", we're going to assume you haven't done any troubleshooting and make some suggestions to confirm the issue. If you email in saying, "I keep crashing in several games and benchmarks, I tried moving the card to another PCIe slot and that didn't help, ran DDU and reinstalled the drivers, updated Windows, and tried downclocking the card, but it still crashes. My old video card is running fine though.", then that gives us a good idea of what's wrong and that it is most likely the card. We also need that info for the ticket notes so QA knows what to look for and test. In short, help us help you by providing as much info as possible up front, the fewer questions we need to ask the quicker we can get a ticket started for you!

I hope this helps everyone understand the RMA process a little better!

EVGA Customer Service Manager
    Have a moment? Please rate our service 
    EVGA_James
    EVGA Product Manager
    • Total Posts : 1026
    Re: Support ticket number? 2023/01/19 15:08:56 (permalink)
    One example I ran into is someone asking for a support ticket number to request for a RMA on their keyboard because their Win key wasn't working. I told them to make sure that game mode wasn't enabled by pressing the E key next to the esc key which will enable/disable the Win key. No RMA needed.

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile