EVGA

XR1 Lite Audio Issue

Author
toast78901
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2022/11/27 10:43:48 (permalink)
Hey, all. I've loved the XR1 Lite since I got it a while back, but I've had some new issues crop up in the last week. I've updated all my drivers and my firmware, and originally took to OBS's troubleshooting Discord because I thought it may have been a software issue, but they're convinced it's hardware related.

Essentially, connecting any console through it (chiefly my Switch atm) and trying to stream/record in OBS is an issue. It starts out fine, all of my audio levels are normal, passthrough is working flawlessly, etc. And then, without fail, it dies after a couple of minutes. The video feed is fine, but the audio becomes corrupted to silence punctuated by clicks, which seem to be pulled from the audio source -- like a really bad choppy delay that's only playing a fraction of a note every second or so.

The reality of the issue got weirder when I tried to record the audio in Audacity to better understand the problem. When OBS registers the audio fine, it records in Audacity fine. When the issue starts in OBS, it gets recorded in Audacity as a different kind of distortion than what I can hear through OBS that's more recognizable but still messed up. Then if I record the audio after closing OBS, it sounds as if it's both been sped up and suffering occasional distortion in Audacity. And if I listen directly to the console via headphones at any point in this, the audio is fine. It's clear the issue is either the capture card, or something with my PC.

Here's a link to what it sounds like when the issue happens: .com/watch?v=gb-XH2qzdwE

Any thoughts on what might be wrong?
post edited by toast78901 - 2022/11/27 11:38:23

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile