Boot Problems with Linux Mint

Author
favrepeoria
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 102
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2022/11/15 15:13:12 (permalink)
This is folding adjacent as I utilize Linux Mint for folding. I recently was able to update my folding rig to utilize an Asus X99 deluxe motherboard. While trying to make other upgrades, I started to get an error when booting. It claims the PC is out of memory on boot which seems to be a problem that is common on Mint based on quick searching online. The issue that I am observing is that it only happens when I have the 5th GPU installed. Once I unplug the 5th GPU from the PCIe slot, everything boots fine. Would it be that I am exceeding the power that can be provided to PCIe slots? I am using powered risers so I guess I could try directly installing the 5th card but haven’t tried yet.

Other comment all the slots are recognized in bios and show as populated. Granted one of the slots that should be an x8 slot even with five GPU is showing as a x4 slot so that is the one I unplugged to get system running.

Last odd thing is one of my cards is not allowing me to set a power limit on it and won’t show me the power draw for it even though power management is supported. Less concerned with this right now as I would like to get all five slots utilized.

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile