Please bring Dynamic OC/OCTVB to the Z790 boards

Author
tresnugget
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 570
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 5
2022/11/06 18:04:50 (permalink)
I really want to go Dark Kingpin (again) with the Z790. The memory overclocking is second to none. However with the power draw and heat, even on water, imo it's more important than ever to have a dynamic OC ability where you can set a dynamic frequency and adaptive voltage based on how many cores are active and OCTVB would also be nice where you can set temp limits on frequency of the number of active cores and I believe would also give compatibility with Intel/EK's crazy cryo coolers.

My associates code is O1RWT3TOQ5NNXP8 if you wanna help !e get my EVGA score up :)

8 Replies Related Threads

ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 21171
    • Ribbons : 270
    Re: Please bring Dynamic OC/OCTVB to the Z790 boards 2022/11/07 04:28:11 (permalink)
    I believe EVGA said that it wasn't possible because it caused compatibility issues with their advertised OC Robot feature.
    But I also believe that EVGA said that they could release "beta" versions to individuals with OC Robot disabled and re-enable TVB stuff.

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
    My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

B0baganoosh
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2365
    • Ribbons : 39
    Re: Please bring Dynamic OC/OCTVB to the Z790 boards 2022/11/07 06:17:21 (permalink)
    ty_ger07
    I believe EVGA said that it wasn't possible because it caused compatibility issues with their advertised OC Robot feature.
    But I also believe that EVGA said that they could release "beta" versions to individuals with OC Robot disabled and re-enable TVB stuff.

Well then I'd love it if they updated their OC robot to do a ratio-OC instead of just an all-core OC. It'd be sweet if it tested and tuned V/F curves at each load level (how many cores used) and tried to find you a max stable OC for 1 core, 2 cores, 4 cores, 8 cores at least. Then it could apply an adaptive OC with tuned V/F curve. That way it still has the advertised "OC Robot" but keeps up with the newer features available to these CPUs and still nets high 1-2 core clocks, which really helps with gaming loads, among other things.

6Q6CPFHPBPCU691 is a discount code anyone can use.

i9 13900k - EVGA Z690 Classy - Nvidia RTX 4090 FE - G.Skill 32GB DDR5-6000  - WD SN850 2TB NVMe Gen4 - Be Quiet! Straight Power 12 1200W - Be Quiet! Dark Base 900 Pro. MO-RA3 420 Pro. Dark Palimpsest MODS RIGS post for build notes.
    tresnugget
    SSC Member
    Re: Please bring Dynamic OC/OCTVB to the Z790 boards 2022/11/07 16:33:34 (permalink)
    B0baganoosh
    ty_ger07

Well then I'd love it if they updated their OC robot to do a ratio-OC instead of just an all-core OC. It'd be sweet if it tested and tuned V/F curves at each load level (how many cores used) and tried to find you a max stable OC for 1 core, 2 cores, 4 cores, 8 cores at least. Then it could apply an adaptive OC with tuned V/F curve. That way it still has the advertised "OC Robot" but keeps up with the newer features available to these CPUs and still nets high 1-2 core clocks, which really helps with gaming loads, among other things.

Yeah, exactly. Asus does this with their AI OC to some degree so it's definitely possible although I'm not sure if that's patented or what.

My associates code is O1RWT3TOQ5NNXP8 if you wanna help !e get my EVGA score up :)
    Gadfly
    • Total Posts : 37
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: Please bring Dynamic OC/OCTVB to the Z790 boards 2022/12/06 08:47:50 (permalink)
    tresnugget
    I really want to go Dark Kingpin (again) with the Z790. The memory overclocking is second to none. However with the power draw and heat, even on water, imo it's more important than ever to have a dynamic OC ability where you can set a dynamic frequency and adaptive voltage based on how many cores are active and OCTVB would also be nice where you can set temp limits on frequency of the number of active cores and I believe would also give compatibility with Intel/EK's crazy cryo coolers.

You can enable dynamic OC / TVB in Intel XTU. 
    tresnugget
    SSC Member
    Re: Please bring Dynamic OC/OCTVB to the Z790 boards 2022/12/06 10:35:14 (permalink)
    Gadfly
    tresnugget

I don't believe you can. There were a couple of people on here who couldn't get their cryo coolers to work with XTU because the features XTU needed weren't supported by the bios. To be fair, EVGA offered a beta bios with support to them.

sagerman83
    • Total Posts : 8
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Please bring Dynamic OC/OCTVB to the Z790 boards 2022/12/27 17:03:15 (permalink)
    are you kidding me? no tvb oc on there boards? now no reason to buy.... 
    Aelrikom
    • Total Posts : 4
    Re: Please bring Dynamic OC/OCTVB to the Z790 boards 2023/01/07 00:21:44 (permalink)
    Can we please get support for this?
    gkmltd
    • Total Posts : 8
    Re: Please bring Dynamic OC/OCTVB to the Z790 boards 2023/01/07 09:32:35 (permalink)
    tresnugget
    Gadfly
    tresnugget

I don't believe you can. There were a couple of people on here who couldn't get their cryo coolers to work with XTU because the features XTU needed weren't supported by the bios. To be fair, EVGA offered a beta bios with support to them.

Link please?
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile