Evga GTX1660 SC Ultra Gaming Weird Fan Behavior

Author
Radiux
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2022/11/03 07:41:10 (permalink)
Hi There!

I was wondering if someone can tell me if something is wrong with my video Card fans of maybe I'm just being too obsessive:

Recently I've noticed that while playing "old" games like Skyrim remastered, After a while both fans on the card start spinning (as expected), but after playing for 20 minutes or so, one of the fans completely stops (the one closest to the pcie power connector) but the other fan keeps spinning, weird thing is, that fan keeps spinning even if I close the game and temps are low (30c) and it KEEPS spinning even if I restart the system while the other one is stopped and doesnt spin at all.  manually spinning the fan with a finger feels normal, it doesnt seem to be stuck or anything like that.

Monitoring software reports 0RPM when this happens, but this obviously means that the stopped fan is the one that sends rpm signals to the video card.

Both fans work normally again when playing a demanding game or running OCCT..... What worries me is that I know this card Doesn´t have asynchronous fan control, so Im starting to think that one of the fans may be faulty.

Any ideas?

thanks!
post edited by Radiux - 2022/11/03 07:43:34

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile