RTX 4090 hybrid AIO kit by EVGA?

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
808sting
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 462
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 6
Re: RTX 4090 hybrid AIO kit by EVGA? 2023/02/06 14:38:54 (permalink)
KarmNelis

Except these AIOs only do the job as much as air-cooled.  
They only has 2-3C lower core but higher delta on both memory and VRAM while the air-cooled GPU like Strix is quieter under the same load.  
A proper AIO should get at least 30C lower core so you can have 40C at 450W, 50C at 600W. 

In general, I agree.  GPU boost is more consistent and the system operates more quietly from my experience with EVGA's 240 & 360 solutions.  Majority of these AIB AIOs are Asetek pump/block type of design.  Knowing that, the memory and VRMs are still cooled by conventional heatsink and "limited" fan cooling.  I haven't seen an AIB with a "proper AIO" or turn-key solution.  For the deminishing returns in real-world use, I'd rather go with a decent air-cooled card or use an EK/Alpha block that incorporates the water cooling block with the memory and VRM coverage.  There were threads comparing EVGA's Hydro-Copper block to EK and others with varying results.  In the end, it's a decision on what's important to the individual.  There are multiple threads that are requesting an EVGA AIO solution for other AIB cards.  IMO, I would go with the AIB's AIO solution knowing what to expect or try a more involved 3rd party waterblock.  Even if EVGA made an AIO, I wouldn't use it on my AIB card.  But that's me...  We all want to support EVGA, but Corporate will determine EVGA's path. 

i9 13900KS, Asus ROG Hero Z690 MB, 32GB G.Skill DDR5-6400
Gigabyte 4090 Gaming OC
External open-loop w/Velocity2 WB
Corsair 900D Case
Firecuda SSD 1TB & 2TB, EVO 970P 1TB, Black 8TB
Asus & LG BD-RE
Corsair AX1600i PS
LG 38GL950B-G
kraade
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2369
  • Ribbons : 7
Re: RTX 4090 hybrid AIO kit by EVGA? 2023/02/06 15:43:13 (permalink)
KarmNelis
kraade
5C doesn't matter a hill of beans. 

That's because these AIOs are only capable of a few delta compared to the air-cooled.

Strix is quieter under the same load compared to Waterforce.

Liquid X is a lot louder than Waterforce as it has to ramp up the fans to barely reach the same temp. 

808sting

I agree the MSI or Gigabyte AIO does the job as intended with respect to the 4000 Series.  I would rather see EVGA focus on 5000 nVidia Series or AMD than accessories for other AIBs.  Paid PX1 support is nice especially when Gigabyte's software is garbage, but probably won't pay the bills for long.  And as stated, the longer EVGA stagnates, it'll be harder to re-enter the market after losing resources.  All speculation until it becomes reality.

They only has 2-3C lower core but higher delta on both memory and VRAM while the air-cooled GPU like Strix is quieter under the same load.  

A proper AIO should get at least 30C lower core so you can have 40C at 450W, 50C at 600W. 

Just wondering where are you formulating these opinions from ? Tech-tuber reviews ? or did you by a stack of 4090s and did your own testing?
MSI way louder and ramping the Fans. I have not ever experienced on my sample, (I AM NOT AN MSI FAN BOI ) just trying to give an honest exaple of what other might see based on what I got.  I run open air case and my RAD was gaff taped to the top if the case so it was not completely as would be installed in a sealed case, but the Liquid X has slow fan response and a lazy curve stock on both silent and aming Bios's. It is fixed buy setting a fan floor at 30% and then not waiting for the card to hit 60C before the fans kick up , Its that easy. 30% floor 50%42c 65% 50c 80% by 60c and you wont get there and its not loud at all. 

A Proper AIO? ,,, 30C lower than core,  core what?  These new AIOs are much improved from the EVGA 30 series AIOs, that I know, I've broken down these cards and coolers and I know it takes to pull out 440W off a GA102 and an AD102 and they are quite different and comparing it to a vapor chamber and cooling pipe and fin stack the size  an Air Jordan shoe box is simply apples and oranges , AD102 is way denser so cooling is going to be more difficult, and unless you are Sajin or Zippytech , aint know body pulling 600W on a 4090 anytime soon, I know for a fact  you wont even stay at 50 at 485w with an EK Vector2 with 3x 360 Radiators at 80% fan speed.

Not trying to start anything , but your assumptions and opinions don't have much weight in actual real world results that I have seen

KarmNelis
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 239
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: RTX 4090 hybrid AIO kit by EVGA? 2023/02/06 22:53:49 (permalink)
kraade
KarmNelis
kraade

That's because these AIOs are only capable of a few delta compared to the air-cooled.

Liquid X is a lot louder than Waterforce as it has to ramp up the fans to barely reach the same temp. 

808sting

I agree the MSI or Gigabyte AIO does the job as intended with respect to the 4000 Series.  I would rather see EVGA focus on 5000 nVidia Series or AMD than accessories for other AIBs.  Paid PX1 support is nice especially when Gigabyte's software is garbage, but probably won't pay the bills for long.  And as stated, the longer EVGA stagnates, it'll be harder to re-enter the market after losing resources.  All speculation until it becomes reality.

Just wondering where are you formulating these opinions from ? Tech-tuber reviews ? or did you by a stack of 4090s and did your own testing?
MSI way louder and ramping the Fans. I have not ever experienced on my sample, (I AM NOT AN MSI FAN BOI ) just trying to give an honest exaple of what other might see based on what I got.  I run open air case and my RAD was gaff taped to the top if the case so it was not completely as would be installed in a sealed case, but the Liquid X has slow fan response and a lazy curve stock on both silent and aming Bios's. It is fixed buy setting a fan floor at 30% and then not waiting for the card to hit 60C before the fans kick up , Its that easy. 30% floor 50%42c 65% 50c 80% by 60c and you wont get there and its not loud at all. 

A Proper AIO? ,,, 30C lower than core,  core what?  These new AIOs are much improved from the EVGA 30 series AIOs, that I know, I've broken down these cards and coolers and I know it takes to pull out 440W off a GA102 and an AD102 and they are quite different and comparing it to a vapor chamber and cooling pipe and fin stack the size  an Air Jordan shoe box is simply apples and oranges , AD102 is way denser so cooling is going to be more difficult, and unless you are Sajin or Zippytech , aint know body pulling 600W on a 4090 anytime soon, I know for a fact  you wont even stay at 50 at 485w with an EK Vector2 with 3x 360 Radiators at 80% fan speed.

Not trying to start anything , but your assumptions and opinions don't have much weight in actual real world results that I have seen

Check the pictures.  Liquid X 450W 50C core 21C ambient, 1600rpm. That's a worse thermal compacity compared to 450W 50C core 25C ambient, 900rpm. 

4090 is not that hard to cool. You put a proper waterblock then it can run 40C.

It is just these AIOs are only designed with 500W cooling capacity. That's why they are all BIOS limited compared to 600W air-cooled GPU. 

Some games are already over 600W. Games like Control run 550W all the time. These AIOs are already 60C at 550W. There is no point to run AIOs if the air-cooled can do similar. 

CPU - Intel 8700K - 5.1GHz core, 5.0GHz cache, 1.37v
GPU - EVGA FTW3 1080Ti SLI - 2.0GHz core, 12GHz memory
Motherboard - Asus Maximus X Hero
Memory - Corsair Dominator 4x16GB - 3000MHz default XMP 15-17-17-35
PSU - EVGA 1600T2
Fire Strike 36838 Extreme 25250 Ultra 14464
kraade
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: RTX 4090 hybrid AIO kit by EVGA? 2023/02/07 18:22:57 (permalink)
KarmNelis
kraade
KarmNelis
kraade

808sting

Check the pictures.  Liquid X 450W 50C core 21C ambient, 1600rpm. That's a worse thermal compacity compared to 450W 50C core 25C ambient, 900rpm. 

It is just these AIOs are only designed with 500W cooling capacity. That's why they are all BIOS limited compared to 600W air-cooled GPU. 

Some games are already over 600W. Games like Control run 550W all the time. These AIOs are already 60C at 550W. There is no point to run AIOs if the air-cooled can do similar. 

I was checking the Pictures, and still can not make out heads or tails of what you are saying.
your numbers are so far off what an actual 4090 does. 
My 4090 has a EK block but how do I know it's a "proper" one?
I just bought control and ran it on high settings with RT med and it never pulled more than 408W
Cabbage crates coming over the briney? sorry sir , don't quite get your banter...

KarmNelis
Superclocked Member
Re: RTX 4090 hybrid AIO kit by EVGA? 2023/02/07 19:51:11 (permalink)
kraade
KarmNelis
kraade
KarmNelis
kraade

808sting

I was checking the Pictures, and still can not make out heads or tails of what you are saying.
your numbers are so far off what an actual 4090 does. 
My 4090 has a EK block but how do I know it's a "proper" one?
I just bought control and ran it on high settings with RT med and it never pulled more than 408W
Cabbage crates coming over the briney? sorry sir , don't quite get your banter...

I already told you Control has easy 560W. These are just slightly OC result.
At this wattage with 60C, air-cooled GPU is going to run the same as AIOs.
There is no point to have AIO at 60C the same as air
post edited by KarmNelis - 2023/02/07 19:54:25

PSU - EVGA 1600T2
kraade
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: RTX 4090 hybrid AIO kit by EVGA? 2023/02/08 18:01:40 (permalink)
KarmNelis

you are not reading my posts, obviously,
Hey there , maybe I'm loosing something in translation, Is this your screen shot from your rig?
I just fired up Control and it runs the same as any top game out there, If my rig pulls 487w in Kombustor , it will pull the same in MSFS or CONTROL Ultimate. 
 There's no magic program that pulls 550 watts on my 4090.  Your numbers and suggested results do not jive to anything I have ever seen, Yes the AIO models run very close to the Air version and even get beat in memory temperature , because the Vapor-chamber touches the ram and it is only a cold plate induction on the AIO version cards. this does not mean they are a bad value or suck. a BAD VALUE Is THE 250 $ PREMIUM OF THE STRIX CARD, over what I paid for a Liquid X.  A lowly 28K is my usual stable OC in Port Royal 
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 video card benchmark result - Intel Core i9-13900K Processor,Micro-Star International Co., Ltd. MAG Z690 TOMAHAWK WIFI DDR4 (MS-7D32) (3dmark.com)
nothing special , It actually hit higher marks on a cold boot with the stock cooler than on the water block and had a little remorse I changed my system to fit it at first because I could have all my cooling going to the CPU, but I am good with it now after some tuning.
But with the SIZE of coolers on the air side, AIOs are actually quite inviting these days. j.s.

KarmNelis
Superclocked Member
Re: RTX 4090 hybrid AIO kit by EVGA? 2023/02/08 18:34:42 (permalink)
kraade
KarmNelis

you are not reading my posts, obviously,
Hey there , maybe I'm loosing something in translation, Is this your screen shot from your rig?
I just fired up Control and it runs the same as any top game out there, If my rig pulls 487w in Kombustor , it will pull the same in MSFS or CONTROL Ultimate. 
 There's no magic program that pulls 550 watts on my 4090.  Your numbers and suggested results do not jive to anything I have ever seen, Yes the AIO models run very close to the Air version and even get beat in memory temperature , because the Vapor-chamber touches the ram and it is only a cold plate induction on the AIO version cards. this does not mean they are a bad value or suck. a BAD VALUE Is THE 250 $ PREMIUM OF THE STRIX CARD, over what I paid for a Liquid X.  A lowly 28K is my usual stable OC in Port Royal 
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 video card benchmark result - Intel Core i9-13900K Processor,Micro-Star International Co., Ltd. MAG Z690 TOMAHAWK WIFI DDR4 (MS-7D32) (3dmark.com)
nothing special , It actually hit higher marks on a cold boot with the stock cooler than on the water block and had a little remorse I changed my system to fit it at first because I could have all my cooling going to the CPU, but I am good with it now after some tuning.
But with the SIZE of coolers on the air side, AIOs are actually quite inviting these days. j.s.

It's you who hasn't read.

I've already said these AIOs are only designed with 500W thermal capacity in the first place.

So the BIOS of AIOs has 500W power limit. This is why you won't see anything like 550W in your power limited Liquid X. That's why you only hit 28K, you should hit 29K or close to 29K easily with 600W. 

Actually, you can call it a steal if you buy a Strix for $2000 at launch. Now Strix is at $3000 price range while these AIOs don't even hold value.  

Buying an AIO just for a smaller case is probably the only reason it makes a little sense. 

And there are more games: 

Rise of the Tomb Raider 560W

The Quarry 560W

The list keeps going on. 
post edited by KarmNelis - 2023/02/08 18:52:02

PSU - EVGA 1600T2
kraade
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: RTX 4090 hybrid AIO kit by EVGA? 2023/02/09 09:18:41 (permalink)
If you are looking for a Strix , I have seen them pop up off and on the last couple of weeks on Instocknow, at 2k , and they are on ebay for 2300 right now, but why would you do that. I would flash a 600w bios on this card if I gave a darn . But, It's not getting a 29k without LN2 I'm afraid. My ram is way off pace with the other HOF cards out there, but I did post a Top 100 score that lasted a couple weeks with this wimpy 520w card. Not bad for 4 months after the launch. The other reason is even at 520w , the heat being expelled in my office would be stupid for Gaming, you only get about 2FPS in most AAA titles for that last 150w and, You certainly can't tell the difference . My gaming settings is and undervolt with and OC 13900k in the custom loop, I can run faster than stock and maintain 29C or less water temp at my ambient 22c , more than that and I will have to sweat or turn on the A\C. My card will OC but that's for entertainment and not gaming. And it's ok but not a Silicone lottery winner besides how can you enjoy the game if your only looking at the top right to see your power draw. My card makes more FPS at a lower power draw. What's not to like.
https://www.techpowerup.c...-4090-suprim-x/41.html
kraade
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: RTX 4090 hybrid AIO kit by EVGA? 2023/02/09 10:50:29 (permalink)
Update, Strix went in stock on Newegg today at 12:30 and is still there now, 2009$
KarmNelis
Superclocked Member
Re: RTX 4090 hybrid AIO kit by EVGA? 2023/02/09 12:19:58 (permalink)
kraade
If you are looking for a Strix , I have seen them pop up off and on the last couple of weeks on Instocknow, at 2k , and they are on ebay for 2300 right now, but why would you do that. I would flash a 600w bios on this card if I gave a darn . But, It's not getting a 29k without LN2 I'm afraid. My ram is way off pace with the other HOF cards out there, but I did post a Top 100 score that lasted a couple weeks with this wimpy 520w card. Not bad for 4 months after the launch. The other reason is even at 520w , the heat being expelled in my office would be stupid for Gaming, you only get about 2FPS in most AAA titles for that last 150w and, You certainly can't tell the difference . My gaming settings is and undervolt with and OC 13900k in the custom loop, I can run faster than stock and maintain 29C or less water temp at my ambient 22c , more than that and I will have to sweat or turn on the A\C. My card will OC but that's for entertainment and not gaming. And it's ok but not a Silicone lottery winner besides how can you enjoy the game if your only looking at the top right to see your power draw. My card makes more FPS at a lower power draw. What's not to like.

I already had Strix at launch to compare. This is why I know it's meaningless to have AIOs because 600W Strix can do the better under the same load with quieter fans.

These AIOs need to do better than 500W. 

PSU - EVGA 1600T2
kraade
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: RTX 4090 hybrid AIO kit by EVGA? 2023/02/09 14:18:45 (permalink)
KarmNelis
kraade

I already had Strix at launch to compare. This is why I know it's meaningless to have AIOs because 600W Strix can do the better under the same load with quieter fans.

These AIOs need to do better than 500W. 

glad you got one, sounded like you were jonesin' hard for one and couldn't find one.  so do you know how to Make Control run on 3 displays?
kraade
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: RTX 4090 hybrid AIO kit by EVGA? 2023/02/09 15:29:23 (permalink)
OBTW its a 480w PT bios with a 530w limit, Probably why it beats the Strix pulling less watts in most cases because the AIO just keeps it cooler...

KarmNelis
Superclocked Member
Re: RTX 4090 hybrid AIO kit by EVGA? 2023/02/09 17:17:29 (permalink)
There is no way 500W limited cooling AIOs can beat 600W air when it is properly OCed. The clocks are already a level lower behind the wall of 500W. 

PSU - EVGA 1600T2
kraade
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: RTX 4090 hybrid AIO kit by EVGA? 2023/02/10 17:06:56 (permalink)
KarmNelis
There is no way 500W limited cooling AIOs can beat 600W air when it is properly OCed. The clocks are already a level lower behind the wall of 500W. 

that must be what you tell yourself when you paid 400$ more for the same card, lol 
It's 530w , 
BTW : 600W for a daily driver is insane in the membrane ! 
kraade
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: RTX 4090 hybrid AIO kit by EVGA? 2023/02/10 18:38:52 (permalink)
KarmNelis
After seeing how mediocre other AIOs perform such as Gigabyte Xtreme Waterforce and MSI Suprim Liquid X, they are just cheaply made GPUs with water in it but won't do anything significant compared to the air-cooled version. 

I still remember how easy it was to hit top 2 under the same specs in Firestrike with SLI 1080Ti FTW 3 Hybrid to have sub 50C core temperature when loading at 350W.

To do anything significant, the 4090 T/F curve still requires 40C to have 3100Mhz which means 4090 needs to have sub 40C at 450W, sub 50C at 600W.  

But these 4090 AIOs all failed because the cooling compacity is designed with only 500W in mind. 

Gigabyte Xtreme Waterforce almost reaches 50C at only 450W, 900rpm, 25C ambient. 

MSI Suprim Liquid X is a lot worse, it has to crank up the fans to 1600rpm to do 50C, 450W but at 21C ambient. 

At 550W Gigabyte Xtreme Waterforce is already close to 60C with 3060Mhz at 1050rpm. 

After 60C the sub 3050Mhz core clock has even little differences in terms of performances. 64C 3000MHz vs 60C 3030MHz are basically the same while a 550W 64C 3030MHz Strix can perform similar with quieter fans. 

Without EVGA, this generation AIOs are not good. Air version is superior. 

Just wondering if you wanted to post the "easy 29K port royal scores" you so easily produce? 
KarmNelis
Superclocked Member
Re: RTX 4090 hybrid AIO kit by EVGA? 2023/02/10 19:10:20 (permalink)
kraade
KarmNelis

that must be what you tell yourself when you paid 400$ more for the same card, lol 
It's 530w , 

It's more like you have been feeding the "normal" sense to yourself.

Strix is build for 600W and even more. It has XOC bios. I have no problem daily drive 600W. It is quiet. It's hassle-free.

That's why it can be sold over $3000 while these cheap AIOs loses value since day one.   

PSU - EVGA 1600T2
kraade
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: RTX 4090 hybrid AIO kit by EVGA? 2023/02/11 17:03:12 (permalink)
KarmNelis
kraade
KarmNelis

It's 530w , 

Strix is build for 600W and even more. It has XOC bios. I have no problem daily drive 600W. It is quiet. It's hassle-free.

That's why it can be sold over $3000 while these cheap AIOs loses value since day one.   

Just because some fool puts 3000$ price tag on something doesn't mean it sells for that , The only one on Ebay that even has 1 bid is under MSRP obtw  
https://www.ebay.com/itm/204240470925?epid=24057037990&hash=item2f8dae438d:g:mU0AAOSw4KRj56sb&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAoEayiYC%2BVkY6Q%2Fc2loLl9vsHpB57UG8R8a6wDDaS2f2nVnhX3gsQuDVqXLRgoJmerWHaHIje%2FRBCvQP2C6JhvorKfn68xn3nHfXZjGlj5Az48%2FNSDa6dHa9GJ4F10Eg%2BAJq%2Bl%2BCnuHP331SZJvZ6cGM2U4Pf2tkhYOmhcKSdFWCxN%2FPA6xsVWtpTq%2Bw7r3hZegVgNIzMav9jd4Jkl0cyChw%3D%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR_Cipq_IYQ
Ain't nothing lost more Value than the 3090Ti I bought 

so how's that big old card Time Spy?
KarmNelis
Superclocked Member
Re: RTX 4090 hybrid AIO kit by EVGA? 2023/02/12 09:50:26 (permalink)
kraade
KarmNelis
kraade
KarmNelis

It's 530w , 

Just because some fool puts 3000$ price tag on something doesn't mean it sells for that , The only one on Ebay that even has 1 bid is under MSRP obtw  
https://www.ebay.com/itm/204240470925?epid=24057037990&hash=item2f8dae438d:g:mU0AAOSw4KRj56sb&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAoEayiYC%2BVkY6Q%2Fc2loLl9vsHpB57UG8R8a6wDDaS2f2nVnhX3gsQuDVqXLRgoJmerWHaHIje%2FRBCvQP2C6JhvorKfn68xn3nHfXZjGlj5Az48%2FNSDa6dHa9GJ4F10Eg%2BAJq%2Bl%2BCnuHP331SZJvZ6cGM2U4Pf2tkhYOmhcKSdFWCxN%2FPA6xsVWtpTq%2Bw7r3hZegVgNIzMav9jd4Jkl0cyChw%3D%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR_Cipq_IYQ
Ain't nothing lost more Value than the 3090Ti I bought 

so how's that big old card Time Spy?

Funny if you've bought Strix at $2000 then you could've sold it for $3000. 

Strix has easy 28K on the first run. It runs whatever from 500W to 600W without hassles. 

PSU - EVGA 1600T2
ty_ger07
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 21174
  • Ribbons : 270
Re: RTX 4090 hybrid AIO kit by EVGA? 2023/02/12 09:56:17 (permalink)
I was wondering why this thread is still alive. I came here, and am still wondering.
Is this a brand fanaticism thread?

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

kraade
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: RTX 4090 hybrid AIO kit by EVGA? 2023/02/12 10:08:08 (permalink)
ty_ger07
I was wondering why this thread is still alive. I came here, and am still wondering.

I was only here as a counterweight to the Distortions, conflation of reality and results.
well it should die now that the ramblings have become incoherent ...
KarmNelis
Superclocked Member
Re: RTX 4090 hybrid AIO kit by EVGA? 2023/02/12 12:35:39 (permalink)
ty_ger07

Just don't buy these AIOs. 

Pretty funny some guy bought AIOs never realized they are much worse product compared to air cool GPUs like Strix and FE.  They don't hold value. They cannot even run games beyond 500w. 

These AIOs are never intend to cool over 500W. 

PSU - EVGA 1600T2
KarmNelis
Superclocked Member
Re: RTX 4090 hybrid AIO kit by EVGA? 2023/02/12 12:43:17 (permalink)
kraade
ty_ger07

I was only here as a counterweight to the Distortions, conflation of reality and results.
well it should die now that the ramblings have become incoherent ...

It is because you have Liquid X and you need to defend it regardless. 

It's you are saying no games can run over 500W while I just show daily drive 550W easily.  It's you showing 28K at 500W port royal as any GPU can do 28K easily. 

When a game needs 550W, a 500W bios/cooling limited GPU just loses performance.  

These AIOs are made so bad compared to the air-cooled. 

PSU - EVGA 1600T2
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile