EVGA

Please, make some kind of confirmation of how warranties will be handled in the next 8+ yr

Author
Road2insanity777
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2022/09/28 12:14:17 (permalink)
The ONLY reason I waited 6 months in the que for a 30 series was so I would get one with a 10 year warranty. Sure I will likely upgrade before then, but this one would definitely be used in one machine another machine for its entire warranty period. Had i known they wouldn't guarantee warranties I would have gone with another company or bought something used. I have now gone from a guarantee I would have a working card for the next 9 years to being offered a $60 return on the warranty, and a card that could die any second. This is no way equivalent, and I would never have spent this much on a card without a long-term warranty. They need to be very clear about the plan for warranties 8+ years form now. As it stands I will never buy anything EVGA again, until I see an actual guarantee this current warranty will be honored. If you cant announce said guarantee, I think I may be selling my card and buying from somewhere that does honor warranties. A $60 refund is not even remotely good enough. The comment of" We will honor them while supplies last" is even more problematic, leaves me praying my card will die near the end pof current stock so i can at least have the best chance of having a working one as far into my extended warranty period as possible.

5 Replies Related Threads

repo1979
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1116
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Please, make some kind of confirmation of how warranties will be handled in the next 8 2022/09/28 18:22:59 (permalink)
    Take a breath, Evga will always give you the best service possible. I would not freak out over it and just let the warranty ride out. What if you cancel and say in the future they do come back to the gpu business and your card dies and it would of fell in the 10 year span you would get a card near the same performance or better then yours. It goes both ways and I wish those that whined about it would of not gotten their way and due to the whiners the program is now cancelled. People need to breath a bit and relax. Best of luck with your choice and high frame rates........
    ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 21173
    • Ribbons : 270
    Re: Please, make some kind of confirmation of how warranties will be handled in the next 8 2022/09/29 04:17:48 (permalink)
    Maybe EVGA hasn't made an exact statement of all possible situations and business strategies, just because there haven't been enough different threads demanding such statement.

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
    My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

TrekCZ
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 417
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Please, make some kind of confirmation of how warranties will be handled in the next 8 2022/09/29 04:50:48 (permalink)
    I will not use EVGA warranty for my 3080 ti even if card breaks. I have 1,5 years yet for warranty left, but I will send rather card to reputable repair shop where repair will cost 200 USD or so, EVGA requires deposit in amount of card cost and it is risk of loosing 3000USD, because they can go bankruptcy any day or shut down business. Selling is nonsense of course and huge financial loss, because EVGA cards will now value less than products of other companies that have not cancelled business.

Nevertheless it was a good company with the best customer service and nice community.
    ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 21173
    • Ribbons : 270
    Re: Please, make some kind of confirmation of how warranties will be handled in the next 8 2022/09/29 07:54:37 (permalink)
    TrekCZ
    EVGA requires deposit in amount of card cost and it is risk of loosing 3000USD, because they can go bankruptcy any day or shut down business.

EVGA doesn't require any deposit, if you use a standard RMA.

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
    My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

EVGATech_ChrisB
    EVGA Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 2033
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Please, make some kind of confirmation of how warranties will be handled in the next 8 2022/09/30 15:06:37 (permalink)
    Dear Road2insanity777 and other users,

Please see the official message posted by EVGA_JacobF which comes directly from our management: https://forums.evga.com/FindPost/3574574

Hi all,

You may have heard some news regarding the next generation products from EVGA. Please see below for a message on future products and support:

• EVGA will not carry the next generation graphics cards.
    • EVGA will continue to support the existing current generation products.
    • EVGA will continue to provide the current generation products.
    EVGA is committed to our customers and will continue to offer sales and support on the current lineup. Also, EVGA would like to say thank you to our great community for the many years of support and enthusiasm for EVGA graphics cards.

EVGA Management

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile