EVGA had so much potential.

Author
jackrabbit2022
  • Total Posts : 25
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Flagged as Spam (5)
2022/09/18 16:26:18 (permalink)
New member! As you all heard the news about EVGA! At-least they out lasted BFG and others.

EVGA could have been great. #1 in the DIY PC market. My first few GPUs were EVGA and my first motherboard was EVGA, but EVGA quality went down hill every generation. When I think of EVGA, I think of a company that just slaps a sticker on a product. They had great customer support, but at the end of the day, I never want to have to contact or work with customer support.

So many bad decisions and horrible marketing.

For EVGA to stop selling NVIDIA GPUs is stupid, why not just sell everything? OR is EVGA using this as a marketing tool to bring attention that they still exist?

So, what is EVGA's debt? Did the CEO and few other employees just run the company into the ground the last 6 - 8 years?

BFG is calling and they want there mistakes back

post edited by jackrabbit2022 - 2022/09/18 16:28:39

Being right is a good thing! And bragging about being right, is even better!

5 Replies Related Threads

jdec112016w
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 163
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: EVGA had so much potential. 2022/09/18 17:09:32 (permalink)
    jackrabbit2022
    New member! As you all heard the news about EVGA! At-least they out lasted BFG and others.

EVGA could have been great. #1 in the DIY PC market. My first few GPUs were EVGA and my first motherboard was EVGA, but EVGA quality went down hill every generation. When I think of EVGA, I think of a company that just slaps a sticker on a product. They had great customer support, but at the end of the day, I never want to have to contact or work with customer support.

For EVGA to stop selling NVIDIA GPUs is stupid, why not just sell everything? OR is EVGA using this as a marketing tool to bring attention that they still exist?

So, what is EVGA's debt? Did the CEO and few other employees just run the company into the ground the last 6 - 8 years?

EVGA is "GREAT",>>  !!! NVIDIA << is the problem. Go see all the news/You Tube videos. Enough said!!

EVGA  Z690 DARK KINGPIN (BIOS VER. 1.15)
    Temporarily. For now. Z690 Classified (BIOS VER. 1.15)
    Windows 11 Pro
    Intel i9-12900k
    EVGA GeFORCE RTX 3090 Ti FTW3 24G-P5-4985-KR
    SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2 SSD, 2TB
    CORSAIR VENGEANCE C70 case
    EVGA 1300 SuperNOVA P+
    EVGA Z20 RGB KEYBOARD
    EVGA X20 Wireless Mouse
    Dell-27" LED QHD G-SYNC  Model:S2716DG.
    G.SKILL (2 x 16GB)  F5-6400J3239G16GX2-TZ5RS

ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 21171
    • Ribbons : 270
    Re: EVGA had so much potential. 2022/09/19 05:53:37 (permalink)
    EVGA was going down hill. The trajectory wasn't good. Something needed to change. Hopefully this can be used to initiate a partnership headed in a positive direction.

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
    My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102253
    • Ribbons : 84
    Re: EVGA had so much potential. 2022/09/19 06:05:01 (permalink)
    I believe EVGA will take a more realistic direction. There are many opportunities available they can take. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

GTXJackBauer
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 10323
    • Ribbons : 48
    Re: EVGA had so much potential. 2022/09/19 07:21:37 (permalink)
    jackrabbit2022

Complaining about PC components breaking down because they shouldn't makes me think custom PC building shouldn't be a thing for you.  It's part of the hobby.  I went almost 10 years with no issues 2000-2010 and than had a variety of things that went wrong in the next 10 but at the same time I was building more complex systems and upgrading at a slightly higher rate than previously.  It's part of the game.  Inconvenience?  Absolutely  End of the world?  Of course not.

Let's hope they're not completely out, presuming they technically can't speak about anything till they work out anything that may need to be worked out from their exit with Nvidia.

I would love to see them work with Intel as I'm willing in exchange to take a small performance hit for driver stabillity and stellar CS (EVGA).

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
    LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
    donta1979
    Primarch
    • Total Posts : 15886
    • Ribbons : 72
    Re: EVGA had so much potential. 2022/09/19 07:36:02 (permalink)
    Thing is EVGA was great compared to the other AIB’s. They were the best, you are new and they used to be way better. This is Andrew Hans EVGA not the original EVGA Keith Rochford built up while Andrew handled business in Asia. Andrew did ok while taking over at least staying above the competitors. But EVGA’s warranty to customer service and even the forums before they started being treated as a liability instead of an asset used to all be phenomenal. Like a golden standard, still what EVGA under Andrew has done is still a golden standard for the most part compared to other AIB’s. If he didn’t let his ego get in the way or eastern business sense cloud his judgement he could have made the company and all its products even better. It is what it is, you also missed out the on those potential days you are talking about. Because they used to exist. Both the past and how things are or now really were is why a lot of us who are now old farts are still here. Andrew is now 60, Nvidia plays it’s games as it’s main goal is to force out the AIB’s. Andrew just got out while he’s still ahead and honestly even if ai don’t agree with his thinking if it was me and I did everything right like Keith did. I would have come to the same conclusion. Look out for me and my retirement while I’m still ahead.
    post edited by donta1979 - 2022/09/19 07:39:46

Heatware   

Retired from AAA Game Industry
    Jeep Wranglers, English Bulldog Rescue
    USAF, USANG, US ARMY Combat Veteran
    My Build
    Intel Core I9 13900K@6.1ghz, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 ARGB, 32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 7200mhz CL34 DDR5, ASUS Rog Strix Z790-E, ASUS Rog Strix OC 4090, ASUS ROG Wingwall Graphics Card Holder, Seagate limited Edition Cyberpunk 2077 m.2, 2x Samsung 980 m.2 1TB's, 980 & 990 Pro m.2 2TB's, ASUS ROG Hyperion GR701, ASUS ROG Thor 1200W Platinum II, Cablemod RT-Series Pro ModMesh Sleeved 12VHPWR Carbon, ASUS Rog Swift PG35VQ 35", Acer EI342CKR Pbmiippx 34", ROG Harpe Ace Aim Lab Edition mouse, Rog Claymore II keyboard, TCL home entertainment Sound Bar w/Wireless Sub, Steelseries Johnny Silverhand Headset Microsoft Cyberpunk 2077 Xbox controller
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile