Missing RAM overclocking settings on EVGA X570 FTW3

Author
erkansus2
  • Total Posts : 53
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2022/09/09 04:08:56 (permalink)
Hi all,

I've been tuning my samsung B-die kit, with this motherboard with some absolutely fantastic results. However, I noticed that there is not option to disable BankGroupSwap within the BIOS. On older Ryzen CPU's (zen 1) this made a huge difference in FPS in games. For Zen 3, it makes about a 1-2% difference, however; this is lower latency, and performance left on the table.

As most enthusiasts and XOC people know, any performance gain is a good performance gain.

Is there any plan to add this option to the bios? Am I missing this setting? I had the option to disable BankGroupSwap, even on a 200$ Asus X570 Tuf which overclocked terribly. 

Could there be a possibility that i'm missing the setting while going through the bios somehow? I have gone through it a few times and cannot find it.

4 Replies Related Threads

rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102313
    • Ribbons : 84
    Re: Missing RAM overclocking settings on EVGA X570 FTW3 2022/09/09 04:33:45 (permalink)
    I suggest you contact EVGA customer support. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

Epsolike
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 435
    • Ribbons : 17
    Re: Missing RAM overclocking settings on EVGA X570 FTW3 2022/09/09 08:03:52 (permalink)
    erkansus2
    Hi all,

I've been tuning my samsung B-die kit, with this motherboard with some absolutely fantastic results. However, I noticed that there is not option to disable BankGroupSwap within the BIOS. On older Ryzen CPU's (zen 1) this made a huge difference in FPS in games. For Zen 3, it makes about a 1-2% difference, however; this is lower latency, and performance left on the table.

As most enthusiasts and XOC people know, any performance gain is a good performance gain.

Is there any plan to add this option to the bios? Am I missing this setting? I had the option to disable BankGroupSwap, even on a 200$ Asus X570 Tuf which overclocked terribly. 

Could there be a possibility that i'm missing the setting while going through the bios somehow? I have gone through it a few times and cannot find it.

See if we have something similar of a location in the X570 DARK BIOS as ASUS does, i dug a bit online and found a possible location other than "Memory" that might exist for EVGA:
    Advanced > AMD CBS > UMC Common Options > DRAM Memory Mapping > BGS
    Advanced > AMD CBS > UMC Common Options > DRAM Memory Mapping > BGS alt 

I can't personally go and check for this right now, but good luck!
    post edited by Epsolike - 2022/09/09 08:05:01

EVGA X570 DARK (1.09) [manual SoC, AUTO high!]
    AMD Ryzen 5800X3D [-25 -25 -25 -20 -25 -25 -25 -25]
    GSKILL Royal Elite (Gold) 3600C14 (B-die) [F4-3600C14D-32GTEGA]
    EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    EVGA SuperNOVA P6 1000
    erkansus2
    Re: Missing RAM overclocking settings on EVGA X570 FTW3 2022/09/09 22:17:10 (permalink)
    Epsolike
    erkansus2
    Hi all,

See if we have something similar of a location in the X570 DARK BIOS as ASUS does, i dug a bit online and found a possible location other than "Memory" that might exist for EVGA:
    Advanced > AMD CBS > UMC Common Options > DRAM Memory Mapping > BGS
    Advanced > AMD CBS > UMC Common Options > DRAM Memory Mapping > BGS alt 

I can't personally go and check for this right now, but good luck!

Unfortunately EVGA bios does not have AMD CBS options showing AFAIK

going through the options available, I do not see the setting either
    erkansus2
    Re: Missing RAM overclocking settings on EVGA X570 FTW3 2022/09/09 22:32:15 (permalink)
    rjohnson11
    I suggest you contact EVGA customer support. 

Would customer support bios changes/suggestions to the appropriate team? it is not an issue with my board, it is an issue with the bios not having these options available for customers to change.

These options should be available to every AMD motherboard through the CBS/AMD options within bios
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile