EVGA

Warranty/RMA/Replacement Policy

Author
crzasian
  • Total Posts : 4
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2022/07/22 06:30:45 (permalink)
First off, I apologize if this is in the wrong area.  Please close/move it if it is.
I will start out by saying that the communication of the EVGA support staff has been exceptional.  Prompt and detailed replies.
Sadly, I am disappointed with the Warranty/RMA/Replacement policy.  I purchased a 3080 hybrid back in the 3rd week of March 2022.  Since then, I have had various issues which have resulted in having to do multiple RMA's.  The first time, I received a retail box.  The second time I received a refurbished product which came damaged.  I asked and found out again that for this current RMA, which I just shipped out today, that I will again receive a refurbished product.  I feel disappointed/cheated by the fact that while I did pay for a new retail product, in the end I am getting a refurbished product.  Is there any way to remedy this?  The value alone is different and while I do understand that I am probably in the minority with the series of issues, I don't feel that having to have 4 different cards in four months is something that I should be responsible for.  I gave the example of it's like buying a new car, having issues, and then the dealer saying the best we can do is get you a factory refurbished vehicle.  If my card was much later in the warranty period, it would make sense to me and I would not have an issue.  I just feel that this many cards within such a short period is not normal and perhaps a case by case basis might be able to net me a resolution that is more agreeable.

12 Replies Related Threads

tattude69
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 465
    • Ribbons : 5
    Re: Warranty/RMA/Replacement Policy 2022/07/22 10:57:12 (permalink)
    I would start out by calling customer service and explain the whole situation and give them a chance to fix  the problem to your satisfaction . Remember customer service person is a human being and may have to follow policy and procedures. I f no result from evga you can contact your credit card company and see if you have warranty coverage from them. (most Do) If still no result contact your local attorney generals office and ask for their assistance. Each state has its own laws on consumer protections. Honestly i think Evga customer support is better then their products. The only reason i purchase Nvidia products is Evga warranty and customer support. Hoping they will start making AMD Gpu's soon now that have AMD motherboards.  Please keep us informed and fingers crossed they resolve problem quickly to your liking

crzasian
    Re: Warranty/RMA/Replacement Policy 2022/07/22 13:17:10 (permalink)
    Thank you for your reply.  I will give customer service a call.  I really hope I am able to resolve things at that step as I do not really look forward to the other avenues.
    Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49168
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: Warranty/RMA/Replacement Policy 2022/07/22 13:25:06 (permalink)
    Any replacement after the first 30 days of ownership will be replaced with a refurbished card. That is standard for evga. You could still get a new replacement after those 30 days depending on your situation though.
    crzasian
    Re: Warranty/RMA/Replacement Policy 2022/07/22 13:33:30 (permalink)
    Sajin
    Any replacement after the first 30 days of ownership will be replaced with a refurbished card. That is standard for evga. You could still get a new replacement after those 30 days depending on your situation though.

While I did read the policy and I understand it, I figured I might reach out for options as my situation doesn't consist of using a single card for these 4 months.  These is 4 months (more like 3 with shipping times) and I have had 3 defective cards.  I know (or hope) I am in the minority with a series of bad cards and do not see this happening to everyone.  Like I stated, the most recent card which I just shipped back today was a refurbished card that came damaged with missing parts.  I was offered the option to attempt to repair it myself, but I declined that as I don't want to be liable for breaking something nor should I have to repair an item that I just received as a replacement to solve another issue.

Edit:
    I called cs and spoke with someone.  They said that there were going to be able to offer me an exception for a NIB due to how many cards I have had to RMA in the past four months and with the most recent one being a refurb that was already damaged.  They said it is possible that if there is not any stock then it might be a bit longer than normal, but I am willing to wait for that.  Thank you all for your input and advice.
    post edited by crzasian - 2022/07/22 14:10:25
    EVGA_Lee
    • Total Posts : 4247
    • Ribbons : 14
    Re: Warranty/RMA/Replacement Policy 2022/07/22 14:11:57 (permalink)
    Hello crzasian,

I see that you reached out to our customer service team and they were able to adjust your RMA for you.  Please let us know if you have any further questions.
    tattude69
    iCX Member
    Re: Warranty/RMA/Replacement Policy 2022/07/22 14:18:06 (permalink)
     That's why i buy their products. Great customer Service

XrayMan
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 73000
    • Ribbons : 115
    Re: Warranty/RMA/Replacement Policy 2022/08/07 23:22:33 (permalink)

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
    crzasian
    Re: Warranty/RMA/Replacement Policy 2022/08/16 09:18:22 (permalink)
    I wanted to give an update now that everything seems fully resolved.  It was stated that given my request there might be an additional delay with the RMA processing.  It was about 3 weeks when my card arrived today.  It was an upgrade to what I had sent, but I assume that is because stock has been/is out of my model and this was the best way to resolve and close the RMA.  I will say that I am pleased with the level of service and resolution of supply issues.  This represents the level of service that I had been told that EVGA has.  I still chalk up my previous card situations as a very extreme example of bad luck.  It's like the lottery....low odds, but it can happen.
    Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49168
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: Warranty/RMA/Replacement Policy 2022/08/16 14:12:28 (permalink)
    👍
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: Warranty/RMA/Replacement Policy 2022/08/16 14:25:21 (permalink)
    crzasian
    I wanted to give an update now that everything seems fully resolved.  It was stated that given my request there might be an additional delay with the RMA processing.  It was about 3 weeks when my card arrived today.  It was an upgrade to what I had sent, but I assume that is because stock has been/is out of my model and this was the best way to resolve and close the RMA.  I will say that I am pleased with the level of service and resolution of supply issues.  This represents the level of service that I had been told that EVGA has.  I still chalk up my previous card situations as a very extreme example of bad luck.  It's like the lottery....low odds, but it can happen.

Great ending :-)
    tattude69
    iCX Member
    Re: Warranty/RMA/Replacement Policy 2022/08/20 22:06:24 (permalink)
    Happy to hear Evga made it right. We need to support the companies that stand behind their products and customers. 

EVGATech_NickB
    EVGA Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 93
    Re: Warranty/RMA/Replacement Policy 2022/08/24 11:58:57 (permalink)
    crzasian

Very glad to assist and see we were able to come to a resolution! If you run into any further issues/concerns please feel free to reach back out :)

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile